How To Store Leftovers
Put the pork chops inside a container with a tight fitting lid. You can also use a ziplock bag.
Refrigerate up to 4 days. When ready to reheat, use the microwave or oven until heated through.
They are great for a quick lunch or dinner the next day. We usually fight over who gets the leftovers. We absolutely love this delicious marinade on pork chops.
You can also freeze leftover pork chops. Place inside a freezer container or bag. They can be frozen up to 3 months.
Allow to thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat.
There Are A Couple Of Things You Want To Remember When Marinating Meat
- Always marinate meat in the refrigerator, marinating at room temperature runs the risk of harmful bacteria forming while the meat marinades.
- After the meat has marinated, allow the meat to come to room temperature before placing on the grill. My husband is a stickler for this one, the meat is always room temperature before it hits the grill.
- Never marinade meat in a steel bowl or ceramic bowl. According to Everything2 the acid in the marinade can react with a metal bowl, both damaging the bowl and giving the meat a metal flavor. Acids can also react with a ceramic bowl, potentially leaking the glaze of the bowl into the marinade. This is particularly dangerous if the glaze contains lead. Always use a clear glass bowl to marinade.
- To learn more about marinading meats in general, check out this article from MyRecipes, its a complete guide to marinating .
Now that we know the Dos and Donts of marinading, lets gather the ingredients for our delicious pork chop marinade and make it together.
Grilled Pork Chop Marinade Ingredients
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
Place all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk them together.
When its time to grill remove the chops from the bag, throw away any leftover marinade, plus the plastic bag. Let the chops come to room temperature before grilling. Grill chops 10 15 minutes, depending on the heat of your grill.
PIN IT FOR LATER
LOOKIN FOR MORE RECIPES FROM BUNNYS WARM OVEN, TRY THESE!
The 10 Best Pork Marinade Recipes
Spicy jerk seasonings are pureed with fresh pineapple for a lively mixture that does double duty: as both marinade and as sauce served on the side.
Garlic lovers rejoice! This marinade is a riff on the classic Cuban mojo sauce and relies heavily on minced garlic tempered by citrus juices for its zesty signature flavor.
Sweet and simple, this marinade imparts an addictive, umami flavor using a stripped-down ingredient list. Just 15 minutes of prep means it’s definitely a recipe to put on mealtime repeat.
Don’t Miss: What To Use To Clean Stainless Steel Grill
How To Tenderize Pork Chops
Lets talk about how a marinade works and why we will use it on our pork chops, pork tenderloin, pork ribs, and more. When you allow your pork to rest in a marinade that includes a naturally acidic ingredient it will help to tenderize the protein and make it easier for your teeth and stomach to digest.
The addition of sugars helps to change the texture as well as the flavor of the pork. The pork will also soak up the flavors of the marinade so you get that full flavor in each bite.
If you want to make sure even more of the pork gets added flavor you can pierce the meat with a fork or thin knife to allow more access for the marinade to get into the meat fibers.
Angela’s Tips & Recipe Notes
- Bone-in pork chops will typically cook a bit faster than boneless pork chops, and of course, thinner pork chops cook faster as well. The pork chops shown here are boneless pork chops that were roughly 1 – 1 ¼ inches in thickness.
- Pork chops are cooked to medium-rare when the internal temperature reads 145ºF on your digital meat thermometer, and this is the minimum temperature for safely consuming pork.
- The pork is cooked to medium when it has an internal temperature of 160ºF as read by a digital meat thermometer. Remove the pork from your grill when done, and allow the grilled pork chops to rest for 3 -4 minutes before serving.
You May Like: How To Safely Clean Grill Grates
Air Frying Pork Chops
- Lightly coat the inside of the air fryer tray or basket with olive oil or cooking spray. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 2 minutes. Add the pork chops and cook for a total of 12 minutes, flipping them half way through.
A NOTE ABOUT AIR FRYERS: If you dont have an air fryer yet, you can find a variety of popular ones from the Power Air Fryer to the Ninja Foodi Deluxe. I have the Ninja Foodi Deluxe its an all-in-one appliance that will air fry, pressure cook, bake, sear and steam. Its big enough that I can cook an entire meal in it all at once, which saves me time on busy weeknights. Basically, Im in love with it and can recommend it enough. If youre curious about the Ninja Foodi Deluxe you can learn more here.
Pork Chops Internal Temp
Juicy pork chops are not overcooked pork chops. According to USDA guidelines, pork chops are done when an internal thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat reaches 145 degrees F this is the sweet spot for the juiciest pork. This temperature means the pork chops will be slightly pink inside which is OKAY.
This 145-degrees temperature is 15 degrees less than the old standards of 160 degrees F which would mean the pork would be completely cooked through without any pink. The research shows, however, that 145 degrees F is the same safety-wise as cooking pork to 160 degrees F AND yields much more tender pork.
Also Check: Do I Need An Infrared Burner On My Grill
Moo Yang Lets Cook Some Food
06/09/2020 · I like bone-in pork chops as theyre less likely to dry out on the grill. Lets cook some food! Fire up the grill to medium heat and cook the pork for 6-8 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork reads 145ºF. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Serve with Nam Jim Jaew and rice.
More Easy Grilling Recipes:
Pork Belly Burnt Ends Crispy, sticky, sweet-and-savory pieces of pork belly are grilled to burnt ends perfection! The pork is moist, tender, and everyone goes crazy for it so double the recipe! Perfect for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, game day parties, or as a special weeknight treat for your family!
Grilled Tandoori Chicken Recreate this Indian favorite QUICKLY and EASILY at home! If youre looking for a new spin on grilled chicken, this is THE recipe to try. Its super juicy, flavorful, and youll LOVE IT!!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!
Grilled Lime Cilantro Chicken EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the cilantro chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of Mexican-inspired flavor!! Put this HEALTHY chicken recipe on your summer menu rotation and itll be a hit with everyone!!
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Skewers Fast, easy, and loaded with sweet-and-savory pineapple teriyaki flavor! Made with just a handful of basic ingredients, these grilled chicken skewers will be a family FAVORITE! Serve with coconut rice in a pineapple for a showstopping presentation!
Grilled Honey Lemon Butter Salmon EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and a FOOLPROOF way to make grilled salmon!! Wonderfully tender, so juicy, just melts in your mouth, and has FABULOUS flavor!!
You May Like: How To Clean My Char Broil Grill
Ingredients For This Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Bone-in pork chops Go for bone-in thicker cuts, as they typically have more flavor and turn out extra juicy.
- Olive oil an extra virgin or light olive oil will work well here.
- Garlic Youll want to use fresh garlic over garlic powder. If you love garlic, feel free to throw in a few extra cloves to the marinade.
- Lemon juice Youll need 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice from about 1/2 lemon.
- Black pepper Opt for freshly cracked black pepper for more flavor
- Kosher Salt A coarse, flakey kosher salt works best for the marinade.
Dont Miss: What Is The Best George Foreman Grill To Buy
Just A Great Pork Chop Marinade
You know when something hits the pan and it smells so great than even if its the first time youve made that recipe, you know its going to be a winner? This is one of those.
Plus, the added bonus is that there is a very good chance that all the ingredients are already in your pantry. Checklist:
Worcestershire Sauce .
You May Like: Where Are Saber Grills Manufactured
Key Ingredients & Substitutions For Pork Chop Marinade
- Fresh lime juice Lemon juice will also work in a pinch.
- Olive oil I like to use extra-virgin in this recipe, but regular is just fine.
- Soy sauce Substitute tamari or coconut aminos, especially as a gluten free alternative.
- Honey Use an equal amount of brown sugar if you prefer.
- Garlic Mince fresh cloves for a little zing!
- Freshly ground black pepper
How Do You Make A Quick Pork Marinade
You can marinade pork with lots of ingredients you probably already have on hand in your pantry or fridge.
Simply pour the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and other spices into a mason jar or another jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well and pour the marinade into a ziplock bag along with the tenderloin.
You can marinade the tenderloin for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
You May Like: When Is Charcoal Ready For Grilling
How Long To Marinate Pork Chops
When it comes to this easy pork chop marinade, the longer the better in reference to marination time!
We recommend marinating your pork chops for 12-24 hours. However, if youre short on time, anywhere from 2-4 hours will work.
Trust us when we say the longer the better. Your pork chops will become so juicy and flavorful the longer they sit,
Dont Miss: How Do You Grill Corn On The Cob
The Easiest Pork Marinade Recipe:
What is this secret ingredient we use when we grill pork steaks? Condensed French Onion Soup.
I use this ingredient in so many different ways, including French Onion Sloppy Joes, French Onion Rice Casserole, French Onion Sliders, French Onion Shepherds Pie. Canned French Onion Soup is so very versatile, and I always keep several cans on hand in my pantry.
This pork steak marinade recipe is as easy as opening the can of soup, pouring it over the pork, refrigerating, and grilling.
Recommended Reading: How To Prepare Pork Chops For The Grill
Notes About Easy Pork Steak Marinade:
- This may be the easiest pork marinade ever! Use it on pork steak, pork chops, pork loin, etc.
- The longer you let the meat marinate, the more tender and flavorful it becomes. Try prepping it the night before.
- Condensed French Onion Soup is found in the same aisle as the condensed cream and tomato soups at the supermarket.
- I use a large marinating container like this one or a large resealable plastic bag. Both allow you to flip and turn and shake the meat a few times to redistribute the marinade.
- Check out our for our favorite pantry essentials, like French Onion Soup.
How To Grill Pork Chops:
- Heat up the grill. Use medium high heat to at least 400 degrees F to cook pork chops. Make sure to rub the grill gates with oil so that the pork chops do not stick while grilling.
- Place the pork chops on the grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side. This will vary based on the thickness of the pork chops. They need to reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. The pork will release naturally from the grill gates when its ready to flip. If the pork is browning too quickly because of the sugar in the marinade, reduce the temperature on the grill.
- Move the pork chops to a plate. Let them rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Don’t Miss: Where Are Dcs Grills Made
Pork Chop Marinades Tips And Tricks
- PREPPING MARINADES: These marinade recipes will work for 1-2 pork chops. If you want to do more, just double the recipe. Grab a large freezer bag, add the marinade and the pork chops. Store it in the fridge or place directly into the freezer to use later.
- I recommend marinating your pork chops overnight to get the most flavor. But if youre short on time, then you can marinate for one hour in the fridge before use. Also, because the marinade has been in contact with raw pork, its not safe to reuse it, so dont save it for next time.
- STORAGE TIPS: I use Ziploc freezer bags to freeze my marinating pork chops to avoid leaks. When adding the ingredients to freezer bags, I like to use bag clips that will help the bag stand up and avoid spilling. You can also place the pork in a glass container and seal it with a lid. This can be stored in the fridge before cooking.
- DEFROSTING TIPS: Take the pork chop bag out of the freezer the night before you plan to cook them. Place it in a bowl of shallow water in the fridge. This will speed up the defrost process. Make sure the bag is sealed completely at the top. This will prevent water from getting inside the bag.
- COOKING TIPS: These marinated pork chops can be cooked in a variety of ways including frying, baked, grilling, and air fryer. Ill go over details on how to use each cooking method below.
How Many Minutes Per Pound Do You Cook A Pork Loin
As a general rule, a pork tenderloin needs about 20 minutes per pound at 400 degrees. So, depending on how big your tenderloin is, you can do some easy math to figure out how long to cook it in the oven. When grilling pork tenderloin, youll need to cook it for less time, it should only take about 15 minutes to get the two pounds of pork tenderloin cooked through thoroughly.
I think youll find this Quick Pork Marinade to be the best marinade youve ever tasted.
Recommended Reading: Taco Bell Grilled Cheese Burrito
Ways To Cook Marinated Pork Chops
I mentioned that this is a fantastic grilled pork chop marinade, but its also great for a variety of other cooking methods too.
Grill: Grill pork chops at 400ºF over direct heat for around 6-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Check out our grilled pork chops recipe.
Oven: Roast at 375ºF for around 15-20 minutes, depending on how thick your pork chops are. Check out our oven-baked pork chops recipe.
Instant Pot: Pressure cook pork chops on high pressure for around 10 minutes. Check out our Instant Pot pork chops recipe.
One Simple Homemade Marinade Endless Grilling Season Possibilities
This All-Purpose Marinade is the PWWB house marinade. We use this marinade on anything& everything, especially during the summer months of grilling season. Since sharing it here for the first time in 2019, its been a go-to grilling recipe for thousands of PWWB readers, too! If this is a new-to-you recipe, youre in for such a treat!
2 Must-Haves for an All-Purpose Marinade I developed this recipe with 2 criteria in mind. First, an AP marinade should be the kind of thing thats easy to whip up on a complete whim, using pantry staples that you always have on hand. Second, an AP marinade should pair with pretty much anything hence the name! Thats exactly what we have in this homemade marinade recipe, & its probably why were all so completely obsessed with it!
This all-purpose marinade leans on less than 10 simple pantry ingredients to create perfectly spiced, sweet, & rich flavor. ACV, soy sauce & Worcestershire provide rich zippiness, seasoning protein from the inside out. An aromatic combination of spices helps amp up the smoky flavor of the grill. The best part, though, is the sweetness of brown sugar, which is the secret to creating caramelized, charred bits of goodness that make grilled food so darn crave-worthy.
You May Like: How To Properly Clean Your Grill
How To Know When Pork Chops Are Done
You will need to use a meat thermometer. It should read 145 degree.
We used an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork to know when its done cooking. Each pork chop will cook differently based on the thickness of the pork.
Make sure to insert the thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat for the most accurate reading.
Make Your Own Easy + Delicious Pork Chop Marinade
We received a Vacuvita® One Touch Food Storage System in exchange for creating this recipe. The opinions and ideas are 100% mine.
You are going to love our easy recipe for this Grilled Pork Chop Marinade. This marinade flavors every single bite of juicy, grilled pork. A little smoky, a little sweet, and a lot delicious, this is an all-around great marinade you will want to use again and again.
Don’t Miss: Best 36 Built In Gas Grill