Fuel Propane Or Natural Gas
When it comes to gas grills, youve got two choices with fuel: propane or natural gas Or, possibly you have no choice at all natural gas isnt available everywhere.
If youve already got a hook-up installed, then going with natural may be an easy decision. Theyre convenient, as they never run out of fuel. If youd have to have a line put in, though, youll need to decide whats best for you.
Is there a good place to have the line run to? Will it be cost-prohibitive? Do you want to be tethered to a single spot for grilling?
Propane is the most flexible, but natural gas is incredibly convenient. Think carefully before making your choice. By the way, some grills can be converted from propane to natural gas, giving you the freedom to opt in to LNG cooking later on.
Or maybe youre still on the fence about a gas at all and are considering a charcoal grill? If so, be sure to check out our guide to charcoal vs gas grills which should help you make the right decision once and for all.
Best Gas Grills At Home Depot
We test grills from nearly every brand sold at the retailer, including Dyna-Glo, Huntington, KitchenAid, Nexgrill, Napoleon, and Weber. Below, weve compiled a list of the very best gas grills at Home Depot, including models from our latest tests, as well as one gas grill to avoid.
However, dont assume that Home Depot will always offer the best deal. Its possible that competing retailers might stock the same model at a lower price.
Btu Level / Heat Flux
BTU has long been the measurement of choice for grilling power. Specifically, 1 BTU is the amount of energy required to increase the temperature of a pound of water by 1 Fahrenheit at sea level.
In truth, its not really a measurement of heat generated. When you read the BTU specs for a grill, youre really learning how much gas a unit burns through at maximum output in an hour.
A more efficient grill will get more heat out of less gas than a less efficient one. So, while the less efficient model might have a big BTU number to grab your attention, that doesnt automatically mean its going to be hotter or cook better than a grill with lower BTUs.
How, then, can we know how hot the grill will get? By knowing its heat flux.
Simply put, heat flux is a measurement of the BTUs per square inch
This is a much better, though still not perfect, indication of how much heat a grill produces.
The average score of our 10 choices is about 85. If youre really into fast, high-heat cooking, look for heat flux around this level or higher. If you have a little more patience, a lower score is ok especially if theres a searing burner included.
Have You Considered
Recommended Reading: Next Door Bar And Grill
Think About Materials And Build Quality
When you spend your hard-earned money on something , you expect it to last a reasonable amount of time. Your best odds are with a gas grill made of quality materials and assembled with skill and care.
Many cheaper gas grills are made of very flimsy metal painted to look like the good stuff. Cheap grills will rust quickly and/or leak so much heat that they have a hard time cooking in a reasonable amount of time.
Signs of a well-built grill include solid welds and cook boxes made of single pieces of stamped metal.
Look for terms like, porcelain-enameled cast iron, and 304 stainless steel to know youre getting high-end features especially if youre paying high-end prices!
Why Go For Online Stores
Whenever you look up product reviews, you might notice an uncanny similarity. All the online stores bag the first places. Have you ever thought about why people bank on online stores to this extent?
In this digital era, people always look out for easier options. So purchasing any products like home depot gas bbq grills is only a matter of time for online shopping. You can easily purchase products anywhere and anytime and cancel them as well.
Expose yourself to various brands for the same product via online stores. Even more, price comparisons are what buyers enjoy on these platforms. With just a few clicks, you can navigate through the product pages and spend your money wisely.
Just in the palm of your hands, you can grab some amazing deals at low prices. Who would not love this?
Also Check: What Is The Best Indoor Electric Grill To Buy
Utheer Bbq Grill Parts Burner Tubes 14
- Burners Replacement for Nexgrill Grill 720-0783E, 720-0830A, 720-0830D, 720-0830H, 720-0864, 720-0864M, 720-0882S, 720-0888, 720-0888A, 720-0888N, 720-0894F, 720-0896CA, 720-0958A. Fits for Members Mark 720-0830F, 720-0882D.
- MATERIAL Heavy stainless steel. DIMENSIONS 14-7/8 inches. PACKAGE INCLUDED 5 pack burner tubes.Fits for BBQ Pro 122.47207610, 122.57901710, 720-0894R Fits for Kenmore 122.33492410, 720-0830A. Also Fits for BHG Grill 720-0783H, Backyard Grill 720-0888M, Kitchen Aid 720-0830.
- SUPERIORQUALITY Made of heavy stainless steel to ensure long-lasting use, which will not erode to rust in a matter of several months even you grill regularly. Compare with the original parts, the material of our grill tube burner are more heavy duty, last longer.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY Our grill burner tubes made of heavy stainless steel, with strong oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance and heat resistance. At the same time, they are harmless to human body and can be safely used.
- EASY TO INSTALL Putting together was a breeze. The grill burner tube can be assembled in minutes.
Additional Info :
Factors You Need To Consider When Buying Home Depot Gas Bbq Grills From Online Stores
Are you on the hunt for home depot gas bbq grills? Well, purchasing online needs some contemplation. To help your cover all the important questions, we have prepared a list.
Just go through the question list. Feel free to do your own research while purchasing the home depot gas bbq grills. Below are some examples you might deem right to ask:
- Is the home depot gas bbq grills really worth the money?
- What specific advantages does it offer?
- Does the home depot gas bbq grills youre picking have any innovative features?
- What are some of the best features of the home depot gas bbq grills?
- Does your home depot gas bbq grills come with a warranty?
- Does it have any con that might prove to be detrimental in the long run?
- Where will you find enough information about home depot gas bbq grills?
- Where can you find some of the best home depot gas bbq grillss?
Probably, you have come up with way more questions than there are on the list. Do not deprive your curious mind of the answers. Research, research, and research, until you locate the answers to the factors.
Also Check: How To Grill For Beginners
Best Gas Grills For Under 400 Dollars Of 2022
Tis the season to be grilling. Whether youre just starting out grilling or need to replace an old rusty gas grill, getting a new grill is kind of like a new chapter in life. You start with a new grill, waiting for you to fire it up.
For $400 youll get a pretty decent gas grill that wont rust away or had its paint chipped off after the first barbecue session.
But not all grills are made equally. While the above holds true, you still need to be careful when getting yourself the best gas grill for $400 or less.
Some stores are selling grills that you can get somewhere else for half the price, while others sell them either poorly made or hastily constructed so that they can get them from the factory to the store as fast as possible.
I dont want you to get screwed like I got when I first bought my gas grill. I was saving them $400 for almost half a year! Because of this Ive made my homework and gathered 10 top rated gas grills under 400 bucks. Check them out below.
What Do You Intend To Cook
If having a bit of barbecue means only searing medium rare steaks, grilling chicken breasts, or flipping burgers and dogs, you dont need to break the bank.
Any typical, low-featured gas grill will do the job. Youll want to focus more on general build quality and adequate surface area than on the variety of burner types.
If youre looking to mix things up with ribs and roasts, youll need to aim a little higher.
Not only will you require a lot of grilling real estate, but youll also want a high-grade unit with reliable temperature control, and probably options for rotisserie and side searing.
You May Like: What Is The Best Grill On The Market
How To Choose The Right 4
While choosing a four-burner gas grill, keep the following points in mind.
Video: Buying A Grill With ‘consumer 101’
Sturdy construction, even heating, flare-up reductionConsumer Reports experts explain to Jack Rico, Consumer 101 TV show host, what to look for when buying a gas grill.
As a classically trained chef and an enthusiastic DIYer, I’ve always valued having the best tool for a jobwhether the task at hand is dicing onions for mirepoix or hanging drywall. When I’m not writing about home products, I can be found putting them to the test, often with help from my two young children, in the 1860s townhouse I’m restoring in my free time.
Recommended Reading: Landshark Bar And Grill New Jersey
Best Gas Grills For 2022 Top Models For Every Budget Reviewed
Today we look at the best gas grills available, from small and basic two-burner models for the budget-conscious, up to huge feature-rich high-end professional units. We review the best in several categories to help you decide on the right product for you.
In this article, we take a look at the best gas grills on the market today, that have the right mix of features and quality at a reasonable price.
Well talk about why you might want a gas grill , what features you should look for when buying to match your needs, and of course, what to avoid.
If you love to cook outdoors, but youre not interested in messing around with charcoal, or you have a charcoal grill but would also like the option of simply firing up at a moments notice, then youre in the right place with our guide to the best gas grills in 2022.
There are so many gas grills available to choose from, with a confusing array of options and prices ranging from under $100 up into the thousands. How will you know which one is right for you?
Easy you find that out right here! So read on to find your new gas grill today.
At a Glance Our Top Picks for Best Gas Grill
- All-stainless steel construction for maximum longevity.
- The ability to sear on the side without using main grate space.
- Rotisserie included for perfect chicken.
- Not including the charcoal accessory is a little stingy.
- We really prefer wheels to casters, but for a deck or a cement pad thats not a big deal.
How Hot Should A Gas Grill Get
Depends on whether youre grilling directly or indirectly.
- Direct: around 500°F
- Indirect: around 350°F
There are also several heat zones and each of them is suited for one type of food:
- High: 450 550°F
- Low: 250 350°F
- Low and slow: 200 250°F
For instance, its best to cook burgers on a high heat zone while ribs and brisket are best suited for low and slow cooking.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Burgers On The Grill
Best Gas Grills To Buy At Home Depot
Highly rated gas grills available at Home Depot at a range of pricesplus one model to avoid
When you shop through retailer links on our site, we may earn affiliate commissions. 100% of the fees we collect are used to support our nonprofit mission.Learn more.
More than 50 percent of gas grills sold in the U.S. come from the home center giants Home Depot and Lowes. Home Depot alone carries hundreds of models, many of which can be found on the floor of your local store. Of course, not every grill it sells is a winner.
Consumer Reports tests dozens of new gas grill models every yearif youre unsure which size you need or which features to look for, start with our grill buying guide. CR members can also jump right in to our complete gas grill ratings to compare models.
No matter how you prefer to shop, Home Depot has good options. A typical store has dozens of in-stock models, and the retailer has more than 300 models on its website. It also offers curbside pickup. With either of these options, be ready to tackle assembly yourself.
Home Depot offers an exceptionally broad selection of models, particularly online, says Mark Allwood, a CR market analyst who oversees grills. The website tends to include offerings from really premium brands as well, including Napoleon.
Buying A Gas Grill At Home Depot Start Here
To ensure we test the same grills available to you, Consumer Reports secret shoppers purchase each one we test, either in-store or online. Heres their checklist for making your grill shopping a smooth experience:
- Check inventory online before you shop. The grill you want might be in a store near you. If its not, Home Depot will ship it free of charge to a store where you can pick it up, potentially saving you an extra trip.
- Check the grills dimensions. This step is especially important if youre buying a grill to fit a small space. You can look up dimensions on Home Depots website or on the grills summary page in our gas grill ratings.
- Check your cargo space. Youll need an SUV or a pickup to haul the grill home if you buy it in-store. You can also rent a truck at some store locations or pay to have the retailer deliver an assembled grill.
- Check the box before you start assembling the grill. Make sure all the parts are included and nothing is broken or damaged. If something is missing, call Home Depots customer service . If the wait for a replacement is too long, you might try calling the manufacturer directly and pleading your case to get it sooner.
Read Also: How To Grill Salmon On Wood Plank
Why Trust Momjunction
Sakshi John writes on kitchen and home products. Her interest in this field and exceptional research skills make her a trusted reviewer. Sakshi has suggested some of the best four-burner gas grills along with their notable features. She also mentioned some important factors you should consider when buying and answered some frequently asked questions to help you make an informed decision.