What To Serve Lamb Chops With
I love to serve lamb chops with lots of veggies on the side like my delicious Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe, or this super cozy and yummy Roasted Butternut Squash Mash (if youre not a fan of butternut squash you can make this Creamy Mashed Potatoes. You can also serve it with a very flouruful salad like this Easy Mediterranean Salad Recipe.
How To Broil Lamb Chops
Broiling is like the mirror image of grilling, with the heat source above the food instead of below it. It’s the same idea as grilling, essentially. To cook your lamb chops under a broiler, adjust the top rack so it’s about 6 inches from the heat source. Then crank the oven to broil. Cook your marinated lamb chops under the broiler, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F .
“Lamb chops to impress,” says emmy. “These chops are restaurant-quality with just enough earthiness to evoke that ‘I slaved all day’ without slaving at all.”
How Long To Cook Lamb Chops
If you’re wondering how long it will be before you have your beautifully tender lamb chops on the table – the answer is not long.
Once the chops have been marinated, allow them to come up to room temperature. Then, cook them in a shallow roasting tin for around 20 minutes depending on how pink you like the meat and how crispy you want the skin. Just turn them in the middle of the cooking time to make sure they are evenly cooked.
Don’t Miss: Rat In Grill
What You Need To Make Pan Seared Lamb Chops
- Lamb chops: I used bone-in lamb loin chops because they fit well in the pan although you could also use lamb rib chops if thats what you have available. If there is a thick layer of fat around your lamb chops, you may want to trim it before cooking since most of it wont render.
- Salt: Coarse ground kosher is the way to go here.
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil: A couple of tablespoons of good olive oil are added to the hot pan before the lamb chops.
- Butter: The butter adds such wonderful flavor to the crust that develops on the lamb chops.
- Garlic: Smash some fresh garlic cloves to add to the pan. They will flavor the butter that gets spooned over the top of the lamb chops towards the end of cooking.
- Fresh herbs: These are optional, but I love adding a few sprigs or rosemary or thyme to the pan to add additional flavor to the pan sauce.
How Do I Know When Lamb Chops Are Done
Here are the temperatures corresponding to different levels of doneness for lamb chops:
- Rare: 120F
- Medium-Well: 145F
- Well: 150F+
If you found this post and youre ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. Youll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
For something a little longer term, you might be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans , weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if youve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, weve got you covered. Check out our keto recipe collection!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, on , , and .
Also Check: Can You Grill On A Traeger
How To Cook Lamb On The Grill:
You will set your grill up with a hot area and a medium-hot area. I find it works successfully every time if I grill the chops on the medium heat until the lamb is about 15° from the final doneness wanted. Then you move it to the hot section to get the beautiful sear marks before you remove it from the grill to allow it to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Is Lamb Meat Good For You
Lamb is very nutritious and tastes fantastic! According to the American Lamb Board its an excellent source of Vitamin B12, niacin, zinc and selenium. And unlike beef, pork and chicken, lamb is never factory farmed.
A 3-ounce serving of lamb provides nearly five times the essential omega-3 fatty acids and alpha linoleic acid of a 3-ounce serving of beef, thats pretty nutrient dense!
Read Also: Porcelain Coated Cast Iron Grates Cleaning
Why We Love Lamb Chops
This cut of meat is so easy to prepare and cook, anyone can do it!
The tenderness of the meat and the unique flavor the marinade provides will leave your family in awe of your culinary skills!
This lamb chop recipe comes together in no time! After marinating, the chops are only on the grill for 10 minutes!
How To Cook Lamb Chops On The Grill
Grilling lamb loin chops on the grill is super easy. Let them come to room temperature before you grill them. Place them on the counter for about 30 minutes and they should be good.
Grilled Lamb Chops
Fire up the grill, make sure your grates are clean and get it nice and hot before you put the meat on.
Pat the lamb chops dry, season them and carefully place them on the grill with your tongs . Close the cover and grill on medium high heat, then flip over.
Reduce the heat to medium if they are getting too done. Take them off of the grill, set aside to cool slightly before eating. Thats all there is to it.
Read Also: Grilled Shrimp Temp And Time
Infusing The Lamb With Bright Herbaceous Flavor
For these grilled chops, youll prepare a marinade of parsley stems, mint, rosemary, lemon zest, and garlic. The marinade comes together in minutes and does all the work for you, infusing the chops with bright, herbaceous notes. Marinate the chops for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to overnight for maximum flavor impact.
Then, before the chops are grilled, I like to make a super-quick blender sauce with the remaining parsley, mint, chives, garlic, and lemon juice. Its optional, as lamb chops taste great simply grilled with a squeeze of lemon juice, but it adds some really delicious flavors. I highly recommend you make it.
I love this dish because its very little effort with great reward. All the preparations and cook times take mere minutes, and frenched lamb chops look gorgeous on the table. This recipe is also easy to scale up or down depending on how many people youre serving. Its the perfect dish for any weeknight, but also perfect as the centerpiece on special occasions.
Storage And Leftover Tips
- If you have leftovers, allow the lamb chops to cool to room temperature and then transfer it to an airtight container.
- Properly stored, cooked lamb chops will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Due to how easy it is to dry out, I dont suggest you meal prep lamb chops.
- To reheat these garlic butter lamb chops without losing moisture, I suggest you use to oven to reheat them. Bake them for 5 to 10 minutes per side at a 350F oven, covered with aluminum foil.
- You can also add in a splash of stock or garlic butter to keep the lamb chops moist while reheating.
- If youre in a rush and need to reheat the lamb chops in the microwave, you will have to add the lamb and some stock to a microwave safe bowl, cover, and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Also Check: Macaroni Grill Chain
Seasoning Options For Grilled Lamb
For todays no-fail lamb chop recipe, Im suggesting garlic, lemon and rosemary for super clean and simple flavorings. Other herbs and spices such as thyme, cumin, celery salt and cumin also work. If you want a smoky flavor chili powder and some chopped mild chilis will give a nice kick.
I also have a greek lamb chop recipe here that you could use as well for simple, but very flavorful lamb.
Cucumber Salad With Yogurt
Prepare this recipe before grilling the lamb and allow it to rest in the refrigerator.
- 2 tsps fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
Total time: 5 min + 15 minutes of drainingServes: 4 people
1. Peel the cucumbers. Halve them lengthwise and scrape some of the seeds out with a spoon and discard. Cut the cucumber halves again lengthwise. Then, slice each quarter into 1/4 thick pieces. Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt and toss. Set the colander in your sink and allow the cucumber to release their liquid and drain for 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix the yogurt with the fresh dill and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
3. Pat the cucumber slices with a dry paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Mix the cucumber into the yogurt and place the salad in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve with your lamb.
4. Serve with grilled pita bread wedges and the lamb.
You May Like: Steak Traeger
Tips For The Perfect Chops
- You can make this dish with any type of lamb chops, I recommend bone-in for the best flavor. Your cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chops.
- The marinade can be prepared up to 3 days in advance. Store the marinade in the refrigerator until youre ready to use it. The olive oil may solidify in the refrigerator. If this happens, simply place the marinade at room temperature for about 20 minutes and the oil will liquify again.
- Grilled lamb chops stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I recommend reheating the chops in 30 second increments in the microwave until just warmed through. This will help to keep your lamb from overcooking.
Quick And Easy Grilled Lamb Chops
These lamb chops are done in 12 minutes. This qualifies as quick and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Loin Loin Chops Recipe
Did I also mention that they are really easy? Sprinkle some seasoning on them, grill for 6 minutes, flip over and grill six more minutes. Thats it. I understand feeling a bit apprehensive if you arent used to cooking something, but I promise you, there is no reason to be nervous about lamb loin chops.
It couldnt be easier. If you have the time to let them marinate, I suggest doing it. If you dont, its not a deal-breaker.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Bbq Boneless Chicken Breast
Garlic Butter Lamb Chops Recipe
Garlic Butter Lamb Chops Recipe are pan seared, so simple to cook and such a delicious and healthy option for dinner. Easy Lamb Chops recipe in just 15 minutes!
So, today Im so excited to share another recipe with you, because Im sure youll love making it for dinner over and over again.
These garlic butter lamb chops are super juicy, flavourful and tender thanks to the garlic butter thyme sauce. Wow guys Im telling you, this sauce is to die for and its so simple to make.
All these recipes are delicious thanks to the garlic butter sauce. It makes any meat melt-in-your-mouth. Trust me when I say this!
In only 5 minutes, youll prep everything, and in 10-12 minutes you will sear the lam chops in a cast iron skillet, and theyll be done and ready to eat. And the butter sauce is super easy to make as well.
Once you melt the butter in the skillet, simply add the minced garlic and chopped thyme, and give it a good stir. Done! Then, you just need to pour this sauce over the lamb chops, and enjoy!
How Do You Make Grilled Lamb Chops
Start by preparing a marinade of olive oil, lemon zest, fresh herbs, garlic and seasonings. Place the lamb chops in a bowl or resealable plastic bag with the marinade, and let the chops sit for at least one hour, or up to 24 hours. Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Cook the lamb for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and carmelized. Let the chops rest for a few minutes, then serve and enjoy.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Grease Out Of Concrete
If You Dont Have A Grill
If you dont have a grill dont worry! You have options. You can also make these lamb chops in the broiler or on a grill pan on the stove:
- Grill Pan: Cook on medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Broiler: Preheat your broiler to HIGH. Remove lamb from refrigerator 30-minutes before you plan to cook them. Broil for 5-8 minutes per side.
How To Make Spring Orzo Salad With Asparagus And Peas
Asparagus and fresh peas are always one of the first Spring veggies to pop up at my local farmers market, so I knew I had to make them the star of a Spring orzo salad. Lemons pretty much taste like sunshine, so of course I had to use some fresh lemon zest and juice for the perfect light and fresh dressing. To round of the dish, I add some fresh parsley and crumbled goat cheese to the pasta salad for that verdant, grassy flavor that I love. You can also use crumbled feta cheeseIve tried this salad with both types of cheese, with delicious results.
Don’t Miss: Pit Boss-grills.com/register
How To Make Pan Seared Lamb Chops
The only tools you need to make pan seared lamb chops are a cast iron skillet or other heavy pan and a pair of tongs to turn the chops.
The amount of time that the lamb chops need to cook will depend on the pan, the temperature of the meat before adding it to the pan, and the thickness of the lamb chops, so the better way to approach any meat cooked with this method is by using a reliable digital meat thermometer.
What Cuts Of Lamb To Select To Grill
Read Also: Cleaning Grill With Baking Soda
What Cut Of Lamb Works Well On The Grill
Youre looking a loin, rib or sirloin chop. If you get a shoulder or leg chop youll need to use a marinade to make it tender. The chops you choose should have a light pink/red, finely textured meat with smooth, white fat, and they should be a little bit more than an inch thick. Im partial to lamb loin chops, just because they look like tiny T-bone steaks, which makes them super cute. You can use your favorite cut for this recipe. Make sure the lamb is a good quality cut, as well.
Garlic Rosemary And Thyme Marinated Lamb Chops
Serves: 4 / Prep time: 15 minutes / Total time: 45 mintues2 pounds lamb loin chops, about 104 cloves garlic, peeled, minced1 heaping tablespoon fresh rosemary1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme1 teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon ground black pepperJuice of one lemon Rosemary sprigs for garnishBalsamic glaze, optional
Place the lamb in a dish. Set aside. In a glass measuring cup, combine the garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Whisk to combine. Pour the marinade over the lamb chops. Turn the chops over to cover them completely. Cover the dish with plastic wrap, refrigerate and marinate at least 3 hours or overnight. Remove and uncover the lamb about one hour before you are ready to grill. Preheat the grill to low-medium heat about 300 degrees. You are going to cook the chops at low heat first, then sear them over high heat.Place lamb chops on the grill. Close the lid and grill about 10 minutes or until chops reach an internal temperature of about 110 degrees. Increase the heat on another side of the grill to high. Move the lamb chops over to the hotter side of the grill and sear on each side about 2 minutes, just so you get a nice crust on them. For medium-rare, the internal temperature will be about 130 degrees. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.Place the lamb chop son a platter, garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve with optional balsamic glaze.
Read Also: Light Grill With Lid Open Or Closed