Favorite Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Sometimes only a grilled cheese sandwich will do. You know what I mean? Likewise, sometimes a grilled cheese sandwich is the only vegetarian option I can find.
Ive been disappointed by some grilled cheese sandwiches in my life, so I set out to create my ultimate grilled cheese recipe. I aimed for a favorite grilled cheese sandwich that I could make any time the craving strikes. I wanted gourmet flavor without any complicated ingredients or methods. Grilled cheese now, or bust!
I should also confess that I want to be famous for my grilled cheese sandwiches someday. Not internet-famous, but neighborhood-famous as the mom who makes the best grilled cheese. I want my future children to brag about my grilled cheese sandwich skills. Is that too much to ask?
So, here we are, and here is my favorite grilled cheese recipe. It is truly epic, as far as Im concerned. Keep on reading for my tips and tricks, because I have a few!
Grilled Brie Cheese With Fruit Sandwich
- 4 slices multi-grain & seed bread
- 2 TBS of butter at room temperature
- 16 thin slices of brie cheese
- 8 thin slices of peaches or 12 slices of large strawberries*
*If you dont have or want fresh fruit, use an apricot marmalade or blackberry jam.
Total time: 8 minPrep time: 5 min Cook time: 3 min Serves: 2 people
1. Preheat your Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes. Use the medium-high setting if your grill has that option.
2. Butter one face of all 4 slices of bread. Turn 2 slices of bread over so that the unbuttered side faces up. Place 1/2 the cheese on these slices of bread. Place the fruit or spoonfuls of fruit spread on top of the cheese. Add the remaining brie to the sandwiches and top with the other piece of bread with the buttered side facing up.
3. Place the assembled sandwiches on the grill and close the lid. Cook for up to 3 minutes until golden brown with light grill marks and the cheese has melted.
4. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with a mustard dipping sauce and cornichon pickles on the side.
Bacon Jam And Ricotta Grilled Cheese
There’s nothing quite like bacon jam. Let’s be realthis is the edible form of crack. It’s sweet and salty goodness comes from slowly rendering bacon and then cooking it down with brown sugar, caramelized onions, and red wine vinegar until a thick and chunky jam develops. Add some fresh ricotta, nutty parmesan, and crispy Brussels sprouts and you’ve got one serious bacon jam and ricotta sandwich on your hands.
You May Like: Do Traeger Grills Need Electricity
How To Toast Bread On A Grill
To grill the bread, brush it with some olive oil and cook over low or indirect heat until toasty and lightly charred.
Set out the sandwich fixings and condiments,;and your work is done!
Guests get to create their own sandwich recipes, loading the grilled bread up with their favorite meats, veggies and;cheese. There are so many different, tasty combinations.
Like this ham and swiss sandwich on grilled sourdough, topped with grilled zucchini and red onion, tomatoes and avocado.
This bacon, turkey, tomato and Muenster on grilled sourdough is a make-at-home version of my husbands favorite restaurant sandwich.
And you havent had a grilled cheese sandwich until youve had one that is actually grilled!
I treated my son to this delicacy because grilled ham and cheese is his favorite.
This one is made with soft white bread, two slices of sliced sharp cheddar cheese and honey ham. I brushed the bread lightly with olive oil and grilled over indirect heat until the bread was toasted and the cheese was melted.
What would you put on your grilled sandwich?
Read on for more even grilled cheese and grilled sandwich recipes.
Easy Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes You Will Love
If you boar with your daily meal at lunch or dinner, these;classic grilled cheese sandwich recipes;are the perfect meal to change your taste and craving. Here I share some delicious cheese grilled sandwiches that are great for meal prep, snacks, or any time you want.
In my opinion, Sandwich is comfort food. You can make a sandwich with white bread or brown bread, according to your choice. Readymade sliced of bread is available in the market; also, you can purchase or made a loaf and cut a piece of bread to make your favorite Sandwich.
You May Like: How To Keep Rats Away From Grill
How Do You Know When The Grilled Cheese Is Ready
The amount of time you need to press the sandwich depends on the strength of your iron and the thickness of the bread. Thats why this recipes timings are an estimate.
Whats worked for me is to check on the sandwich after a few minutes of pressing with the hot iron. I uncover the foil and see whether the bread is crispy and golden. If its still pale and cold to the touch, I cover the bread again and press for a few more minutes before flipping over to grill the other side.
Creamy Homemade Tomato Soup
Looking for the perfect soup to pair with these easy grilled cheese in the oven sandwiches? This creamy homemade tomato soup recipe is a total copycat of my favorite tomato basil soup at First Watch!
This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Sargento Cheese; all opinions and text are my own. Thanks for supporting me and the brands I love! For more delicious cheese recipes using 100% real, natural Sargento Sliced Cheese!
Recommended Reading: Can I Sell My Gold Grill
S To Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich On Skillet Or Stove
Step 1: First take two pieces of bread and apply butter to them.
Step 2: Then put some cheese on the bread and place the other bread on top of them.
Step 3: Now, heat a skillet on a stove and fry the sandwiches from both sides. Make sure it is golden and crispy from both sides.
Step 4: Once the sandwich is golden and crispy from both sides, remove it from the pan.
Step 5: Then cut and serve it.
Pickled Peach Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese Social
These little slider grilled cheese sandwiches are packed with flavor and they make the perfect bite-sized;appetizers and;party snack. Filled with a dollop of;woodsy mulberry jam, some salty slices of Virginia ham, a couple of bright pickled peach segments, and nutty shreds of gouda and then grilled between two buttery sweet slices of Hawaiian bread, this sandwich packs quite the flavorful punch.
Don’t Miss: How To Grill Burgers On Propane Grill
Chicken And Mozzarella Panini
This is a delicious grilled chicken panini recipe that is fast and easy to make. It will only take about 15 minutes to grill chicken breasts brushed with olive oil, rosemary, and garlic powder. Add sliced tomato, mozzarella, and Italian dressing to press a panini on Italian bread slices. You can add or substitute any of the ingredients to suit your needs. Serve it with salad for quick dinner or lovely lunch.
S To Make The Recipe Of Cheesy Grilled Sandwich At Home :
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Butter For Spread
STEPS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Enjoy it with tomato ketchup and coriander chutney.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Clean My Grill Grates
Can You Make A Grilled Cheese On The Grill
Grilling a grilled cheese sandwich is a great idea if youre camping or if you want to keep your kitchen cool in the summer. Its also a great way to make grilled cheese sandwiches for a crowd because you can fit more sandwiches on a typical grill than you can in a skillet .
Whatever your reason for grilling a grilled cheese, its totally doable and the result is a gooey sandwich with a toasty crust and subtle smoky flavor. Lets get to it.
Perfect Cast Iron Grilled Cheese
A grilled cheese sandwich is only as good as its ingredients: tangy sourdough bread, a blend of high-quality cheeses, and plenty of Challenge Butter slathered on each side. For this recipe, we recommend a cast-iron pan for its even distribution of heat; we also suggest a variety of filling options, depending on your mood or what you have on hand.
Don’t Miss: How To Grill Boneless Chicken Breast
What Cheese Is Best For A Grilled Cheese Sandwich
There are several types of cheese available such as American cheese, Italian cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Pepper, Cheddar, or Monterey Cheese.
You can choose any cheese that you like or you want. But a grilled cheese sandwich is better with creamy and melty cheese. American or mozzarella cheese is good for grilled cheese sandwiches but if you love blue cheese, you can also use goat cheese. It will add a unique flavor and delicious tang.
How Long Do You Need to Cook Your Grilled Cheese Sandwich in the Toaster Oven?
You need to cook your grilled cheese sandwich in the toaster oven for each side for three to four minutes. So, the total time will be around six to eight minutes. This time is enough to make your grilled cheese sandwich nice golden brown and crispy.
California Style Grilled Monterey Jack Sandwich With Avocado And Grilled Onions
- Two 1/4 inch thick slices large Vidalia or red onion
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 2 TBS of butter at room temperature
- 4 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 of an avocado sliced thinly
Total time: 13 minPrep time: 10 min Cook time: 3 min Serves: 2 people
1. Preheat your grill to high for 5 minutes with the top closed.
2. Coat the onion slices with the EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Place the onion slices on the grill. Close the lid and grill for 5 minutes. Check the onions for grill marks and slight tenderness, but not falling apart. If needed, continue to grill for up to an addition 5 minutes until the onions are cooked but not burned.
3. While the onions are grilling, prepare your sandwiches. Butter one face of all 4 slices of bread. Turn 2 slices of bread over so that the unbuttered side faces up. Place 1 slice of cheese on these slices of bread. Place equal amounts of avocado slices on top of the cheese slices. Top the avocado with one onion slice each. Add another slice of Monterey jack to the sandwiches and top with the other piece of bread with the buttered side facing up.
4. Place the assembled sandwiches on the grill and close the lid. Cook for up to 3 minutes until golden brown with light grill marks and the cheese has melted.
5. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with creamy cabbage and carrot slaw on the side.
Recommended Reading: Why Are Evo Grills So Expensive
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
You can add this fantastic recipe with a taco. This delicious and mouthwatering taco cheese sandwich recipe is perfect for lunch and dinner. For extra toppings, you can add taco meat and cheddar cheese, and bread. The bread is made without artificial colors, flavors that are you feel great. This sandwich is ready in just 20 minutes to prepare for your cravings.
Related: Keto Dinner Recipes
What Heat Setting On The Iron Should You Use
I set the iron to its highest heat setting, which is usually the linen or cotton mode. Turn the dial until it wont go any higher. Be careful not to burn yourself, which is surprisingly easy to do with an iron.
TIP: The most important part of successfully grilling your sandwich is to cover the bread with 1 layer of foil. If you wrap the sandwich in a secure parcel like a Christmas present, the overlapping layers create a thick barrier that prevents the hot iron from heating your sandwich adequately.
Read Also: What Is The Best Gas Grille
How To Make Grilled Cheese
Most of us know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich, but do you know how to make an amazing grilled cheese? Here are my tips to make the best grilled cheese:
Where Do You Find The Equipment
I found the iron and ironing board in the closet of our room. The motel served breakfast every morning with paper plates and plastic cutlery. I swiped a few plates for cooking on and reused the plastic cutlery after washing it with the hotel bar soap.
The aluminum/aluminium foil was the most challenging. We didnt want to buy a roll of foil from the supermarket. Thankfully, Alex stumbled on some foil, which worked out well. If you dont want to buy the smallest roll at the supermarket, you can ask the hotel reception if they have foil. Or pack a few sheets in your luggage, which should be easy to carry considering foil is extremely thin and light.
You May Like: How Do I Grill Chicken
How To Make Grilled Sandwich
1. Boil or steam potatoes and beetroot. I skipped beets and steamed potatoes just until done. While the potatoes steam make the green chutney.
2. Cool the beets and potatoes and slice them. While they cool, you can slice the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and bell peppers.
3. We will need green chutney that is thick and is of good spreading consistency. You can find the the recipe of green chutney here. You can also use mayo or tomato sauce if you dont prefer to make the chutney.
4. Spread a generous amount of butter over the bread slices on both the sides. Butter prevents the bread from turning soggy.
5. Spread a generous amount of green chutney.
6. Layer the potatoes and beetroot.
7. Then the cucumber and tomatoes.
8. Then the onions and bell peppers.
9. Sprinkle a generous amount of sandwich masala. I used store bought masala. If you do not have just replace with a good chaat masala.
10. Cover with another slice of buttered bread.
11. Grill it either on stove top using a hand held sandwich griller or in a electric one.
12. Grill until golden and crusty.
Slice and serve veg grilled sandwich.
Grilled Cheddar Cheese With Bacon Sandwich
- 6 slices of pork bacon
- 4 slices rye sandwich bread
- 8 thin slices of cheddar cheese
- Some of the bacon drippings
Total time: 20 minPrep time: 10 min Cook time: 10 min Serves: 2 people
1. Preheat your grill to high for 5 minutes with the top closed. Make sure the drip tray is in place. Have paper towels ready for the cooked bacon.
2. Place the bacon slices in a single layer on the grill. Close the lid and grill for 7 minutes. Check the bacon and continue to grill if necessary until it is crisp. Remove the cooked bacon to the paper towels.
3. Place 2 slices of cheese on each of 2 slices of bread. Break the bacon in half and place 6 halves on each sandwich. Place 2 more slices of cheese on top of the bacon. Add the second slice of bread.
4. Brush a bit of the bacon drippings on the tops of the sandwiches. Place the assembled sandwiches on the grill with the greased face on the bottom grill plate. Brush the top of the sandwiches with a little more bacon fat. Close the lid. Cook for up to 3 minutes until golden brown with light grill marks and the cheese has melted.
5. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with hot tomato soup that you can dunk the sandwiches in.
You May Like: Do Weber Gas Grills Ever Go On Sale
How To Cook Grilled Cheese In The Oven
Tip: Cover the baking sheet in aluminum foil so you dont have to clean it afterward. Remove the aluminum foil when it cools off and throw it away.