Gas Grill Safety Tips
It is very crucial to follow the gas grill safety rules while cooking. Because, if not done well, then this could be hazardous. Before eve, make sure to check the tubes and tanks for all the damages and wearers, so that in case of extreme weather conditions, they should be working fine and do not cause any issue.
Always make sure to clean the grill properly before every use to avoid contamination and increase efficiency.
Here Is A Great Fan Favorite Recipe For You To Try Out
New York Strip Steaks with Red-Eye Barbecue Sauce
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients, bring to a simmer, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
2. Brush the steaks on both sides with the oil and then season on both sides with the salt and pepper. Let the steaks stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before grilling.
3. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat .
4. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, turning once. Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Serve the steaks warm with the sauce on the side
Check out this article for more tips of grilling the perfect steak on your charcoal grill.
©2018 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Tips from Way to Grill by by Jamie Purviance. Recipe from Webers Greatest Hits by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission
Salting Your Steak Early Pays Off
There is a belief that salting meat too far in advance of cooking can draw out moisture. While its true that salt can draw moisture towards itself, it’s also true that over the course of 20 or 30 minutes that can actually be a good thing as the salt will begin to dissolve into that little bit of moisture that’s been drawn out.
So, when you drop the steak onto the hot cooking grate, all the sugars and proteins in the moisture will mix with the salt, and any other seasonings you’ve added, which creates a perfectly crisp crust. The flavor of that delicious crust is worth any moisture you may lose.
Recommended Reading: Frozen Salmon On Grill
What Temperature To Grill Steak On A Gas Grill
The worst kind of steak is a burned steak. Grilling steak on a gas grill doesnt have to be complicated but the mistake most people make is relying on steak cooking time alone without considering the temperature. Since gas grills are meant for fast and hot cooking, it is essential to maintain temperature control when grilling steaks to avoid the dreaded burned and charred steak.
Heres a guide on what temperature to grill steak on a gas grill.
Do You Close The Grill When Cooking Steak
If youre grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts youll want the lid down, especially when youre cooking with indirect heat.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Halibut On The Grill
How Long To Grill Ribeye For Medium Rare And Medium Doneness
Rib eye steaks are usually between 1 ¼ and 1 ½-inch thick, so theyll typically need more time on the grill than a New York Strip, for example.
Rib eye steaks should be cooked to 130 degrees for medium-rare doneness, which typically takes about 5 minutes on each side. For medium doneness, cook a grilled ribeye steak to 140 degrees for about 7 to 10 minutes on each side.
Finish Cooking Your Steaks
After searing, you can then finish off steaks by either turning on one side of the grill for indirect heat or keeping it at medium-high temperature if using direct grilling.
Indirect cooking allows meat to cook more evenly but be careful not to overcook any parts! Medium-high temperatures are best used with thinner cuts like burgers so that they get done quickly without effortlessly burning too much fat.
Remember, its better to undercook than overcook your food!
Also Check: Porcelain Coated Cast Iron Grates Cleaning
How To Grill A Perfect Ribeye Steak On A Gas Grill
You cant beat the flavor of a ribeye. If youre not familiar with how to cook this cut of beef, its simple on a gas grill. Follow the steps below to cook the perfect ribeye at your next backyard barbecue.
Ribeye steaks are one of the most flavorful cuts of meat because of their marbling, or fat content. The more marbling, the higher the USDA grades the steak. Prime is the highest rating, followed by Choice and then Select. Our experts recommend buying ribeyes that 1.25 inches thick with marbling throughout. Anything much thicker or thinner could make cooking more difficult, and the fat enhances the flavor.
Whats The Best Steak For Grilling
Honestly, when it comes to cooking a steak on the grill, you cant really go wrong with any cut you choose. However, getting a perfectly cooked steak from a grill can be tricky if youre new to steak cooking or using a grill. Each cut of steak is a different size, thickness, and texture, so itll be a different process to grill ribeye steak than it would be to grill a much thicker steak, like a filet mignon.
Another issue you might have with the grill lies in the fat content of steak. Although steaks with more fat tend to be more flavorful and tender , they also can be more dangerous to cook on the grill. As fat drips off cut steaks, grill flare-ups can happen. This is especially common with cuts like the rib eye, which are known for their marbling.
That doesnt mean you cant grill them, but youll definitely need to take extra precautions when doing so. Whether you want to cook a rib steak, a T-bone, or flat iron on the grill, you can learn to do it by following our helpful grilling tips for steak.
Recommended Reading: Rats In Bbq Grill
How To Cook Steaks On Grill
1. Make sure the steaks or the meat must be at room temperature before starting grilling the meat. It could be kept from a minimum of 25 minutes to a maximum of 45 minutes, at room temperature still for some time.
2. Instead of oiling the grill directly, it is recommended to brush the oil or butter, directly to the meat to make it cooked in a far better way.
3. Make sure to season the grill before starting as this will help the steak to keep up with its natural juice. Before seasoning the grills, make sure you clean the grates and oiled them completely before putting the steaks on them.
Anyway, you can clean and oiled the grates you can rub the fat trimmed tongs from your steaks onto the hot grates and make it worth it.
4. Once the preheating of the grills is done, place the steaks on the grills and set up a two-zone set. A two-zone setup is needed as this way, if the steaks are close to being completely cooked, one can easily move them either to the cold side or to the heated side of the grill.
Should I Sear Filet Mignon Before Grilling
Searing meat doesnt create an impermeable barrier that prevents the release of natural juices when cooking or slicing a steak or other cut of meat. But that doesnt mean you should abandon searing altogether. You should always consider searing steaks before grilling, baking, braising, roasting, or sautéeing.
Recommended Reading: Temperature For Grilling Shrimp
Grilling Steak Step By Step
October 7, 2020·
Last week we talked about how to grill a perfect hamburger by focusing on technique. This week well keep focusing on grilling technique and walk step by step through grilling steaks like an expert. You see, a lot of people really over-think grilling steaks. I have had some really elaborately prepared beef jerky grilled by some great people with the best of intentions. Its often hard to sit back and watch the host destroy a perfectly good steak. But hey, its not my party. Ill do the next best thing and break down the simple steps to grilling the perfect steak. In this case, Im grilling sirloins . But this technique is the same for all cuts of beef up to an inch thick. Steaks over an inch thick will require a little more time to cook through, so adjust your times accordingly. And remember to err on the side of rare . Enough intro, lets get down to it
- fresh ground black pepper
Common Grilling Steak Times
So, how long do you cook steak on the grill? That answer largely depends on the thickness of the meat youre cooking. You can cook thin or thick cuts on the grill just fine, but youll definitely want to alter your times to cook your desired cuts to the right doneness, which, again, is a matter of preference.
One good tip to keep in mind is to use a meat thermometer for thick cuts of steak and a timer for thin ones. A steak thats ¾ of an inch thick or less may be difficult to get an accurate temperature reading from, so a timer can help. But a meat thermometer can give you a more precise idea of the doneness of your steak to make sure its right.
For a medium-rare doneness, you typically will need to grill your steak between 4 to 6 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. For medium cooks, shoot for closer to 5 to 8 minutes on each side. Its always best, though, to start with the lower grilling steak time and check with your finger to see if it might need a bit more time, instead of allowing it to cook for a couple of extra minutes. You can always cook it a bit longer if required, but you cant get back tenderness you lose from overcooking.
When you touch the center of your steaks, a medium rare cook will spring back slightly, yet still feel squishy. A medium cook will be more springy than squishy. If all else fails, you can always cut a small slit in the center of your steak to check its color, but this should only be used as a last resort.
Read Also: Do Traeger Grills Use Electricity
Whats The Beauty Of A Ny Strip Steak
Youll hear a lot of pitmasters say they love to grill up a good NY strip steak on their gas grill. But why? What is it about this cut that makes it a go-to favorite? Here are a few reasons:
- Its a perfect size for most eaters and appetites: The average New York strip steak is between a half-pound and a pound of meat. Thats ideal for a family dinner or picnic.
- Its relatively low in calories: Theres a reason why so many fitness buffs and meal prep aficionados appreciate NY strip steaks: Theyre not diet destroyers. Your strip steak, without additions like a little butter on top, packs in the protein without you packing on the pounds.
- Its readily available almost anywhere: Want a NY strip steak for tonights gas-grilled grub? Head to any butcher or grocery store. You may even find it on sale, although prices range depending on where you shop.
- Its tasty even after freezing: Fetched a good rate on a dozen or so NY strip steaks? Pick em up, take em home and freeze em safely. As long as you use your steaks within about three months of freezing, theyll taste terrific.
- It can stand on its own without much fuss: Sure, you could add tons of seasonings beyond salt and pepper to your grilled NY strip steak. You dont have to, though. Strip steaks have enough boldness to go au naturel.
Theres no limit to the great stuff we can say about NY strip steak. You can feel confident that when you want steak, this ones a winner.
How Do I Season A Steak For The Grill
The best grilled steaks are seasoned two ways: with salt, before cooking, and with butter, added to the steaks while they rest.
Youll start by generously seasoning each steak on all sides with kosher salt before you even light the grill. Plan on at least 1/2 teaspoon per half pound of steak. For thick strip steaks that weigh in about 12 ounces each, thats roughly 3/4 teaspoon per steak, but dont fuss too much over exact measurements just salt generously. Once salted, return the steaks to the fridge, uncovered, for at least 2 hours or overnight if needed. As they sit, the salt permeates the steak, making them juicy. It also draws some of the proteins and sugars to the surface of the steak, giving it that crave-worthy crust youre after.
Read Also: Char-broil Grate Cleaner
Preparing For The Grill
One thing that most steaks have in common is that they need a bit of preparation before you get started. Your grill will, too, to ensure that its at the proper temperature and ready to cook up the perfect steak.
First, make sure your steak cuts are at room temperature before you place them on the grill. Doing so will help you get a more even cook so that the inside can cook to your preferred doneness without charring the outside.
Then, get your grill oiled and fired up! Make sure your grates are greased so your steaks can turn easily without getting stuck. Turn the grill on high heat and allow it to warm up before adding your steaks to give it the incredible sear youre after.
The Best Way To Cook Steak On Gas Grill : Top 10 Picks By An Expert
This article will help you choose the right way to cook steak on gas grill with more ease. We have taken into consideration the varied needs and wants of all segments of consumers to give you the perfect guide on how to pick the right product. So that you can shop worry-free!
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
Recommended Reading: Clean Grill Pan
Summarized Tips On Why You Should Buy From An Online Marketplace
In the year 2022, you have a multitude of options every time you look to buy a new product. You have traditional retailers, department stores, online marketplaces, etc. We believe that for your next purchase, you should seriously consider online marketplaces.
Online platforms come with loads of facilities designed to make your entire shopping experience better. They are reputable, well regarded, and provide you with the opportunity to shop from your home and get the best deals.
A very important thing you get when buying from an online platform is flexibility and convenience. In our busy lives, it is quite hard to find the time to visit a physical store. Meanwhile, you can buy anything you want, including way to cook steak on gas grill from an online store, while you are taking a break at work or doing your chores.
As it should be clear to you by now, there are a multitude of benefits when you go with an online platform over physical stores. Some of the benefits are summarized below in a few key points:
Tips For Grilling Steaks:
- Choose the cut thats right for you. There are many good cuts of steak to choose from, depending on your preference. I love rib-eyes, strip steaks and T-bone steaks. If you prefer a thin steak they cook faster and youre not dealing with a big thick piece of meat when you eat. If you cant find the thin cut youre looking for, purchase a thicker cut of meat and ask the butcher at the store to slice it in half, horizontally.
- Choose high quality steak. The quality of the meat you purchase plays a huge factor in how good your steaks will turn out! Steaks are given different grades based on the marbling and the age the animal was at slaughter. The highest quality meat is younger beef that has the most marbling. At most grocery stores, youll have your choice of the following three grades:
- Select: cheaper, or sale priced meat.
- Choice: The best choice for your local grocery store. Higher quality and widely available.
- Prime: the best of the best. Not found at most supermarkets but you can find prime cuts of meat at Costco!
Read Also: What Temp To Grill Pork Chops At
How Much Oil Should You Use When Grilling Steak
A little oil goes a long way when grilling steaks on the gas grill, and yet, it can make all the difference in taste and texture! The goal is to get that perfect Maillard reaction between the sugars on the steaks surface and the intense heat from cooking. This will produce rich flavors like caramelized onions or crispy bacon.
Youll want enough oil to coat both sides of your food without leaving any pools , but not so much that you end up with greasy meat. A good rule of thumb for fat content is about one tablespoon per pound. If you dont have a meat thermometer, youll know its time to turn your steak when the oil starts sizzling and popping.