Easy Grilled Beer Can Chicken
Chicken is a great option for a family dinner or a great big shindig! Almost any side dishes pair well with chicken. You can keep it simple and serve one side and veggie, or go all out for a big get together with appetizers for guests while theyre waiting for the main event and then finish off with a dessert they will savor.
How To Cook Beer Can Chicken
- Use a beer can chicken holder. They can be found at most hardware or BBQ stores as well as online.
- Some holders come with racks, if not place the beer can chicken holder on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Cook chicken on the grill over medium heat with grill lid closed.
- Depending on the size of your chicken it will take 1 to 1 ½ hours. Using a meat thermometer the internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
How To Grill A Beer Can Chicken
May 30, 2020
Since we began this channel I knew I wanted to share our recipe showing how to grill a beer can chicken. This chicken is moist, seasoned just right and without a doubt one of the easiest ways to grill a chicken. If you’re not into a bit of heat be sure to decrease or omit the cayenne pepper.
Recommended Reading: Where Is The Serial Number On A Weber Grill
Our July Fourth Tradition Is To Grill Chickens That Stand Up On A Can Of Beer
The calorie content is also lower than fried food, which helps you manage your weight and improves your health. Country living editors select each product featured. Grilled chicken is easy, quick and healthy food. Today’s mother’s day deal of the day: Marinated in dark beer and. The spruce / loren runion this smoked version of the classic beer can chicken recipe takes the temperatur. karen barros, bristol, rhode island homedishes & beveragesbbqbbq chicken our brands
karen barros, bristol, rhode island homedishes & beveragesbbqbbq chicken our brands Get moving with 25% off sweaty betty activewear sections show more follow today chef tory mcphail shares his winter comfort f. Beer can chicken is a popular outdoor grill recipe, and our variant allows you to cook it in the oven on days when cooking outdoors isn’t an option. Once upon a time, it seemed like keeping chickens was just for farmers, but today, more and more people are getting back to their roots and keeping chickens in their own backyards. Marinated in dark beer and. It’s a fun conversation piece. It basically falls off the bone. The onions become very brown and tender during cooking.
How To Cook A Beer Can Chicken On A Pellet Smoker
Easy, just wash and clean your whole chicken, season the chicken with your choice seasoning, and empty out or drink some of the beer leaving it 3/4 full. Sit your chicken on top of the beer can and set it on the smoker for 2 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches the desired state.
I know it sounds like a lot, especially, if youve never cooked one. Keep reading and Ill be sure to explain the entire process step by step.
These steps will pretty much work for any pellet smoker grill, even if youre not cooking on a Pit Boss.
*This page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Also Check: What Temperature To Grill Pork Chops
Do I Have To Rinse My Whole Chicken Before Cooking
It used to be a common practice to rinse your fowl before cooking. Now, this subject has taken on a different view. Cooking your chicken to the proper internal temperature will kill any bacteria that may be present.
There is no need to rinse and risk spreading and contaminating your whole kitchen with the splashing that happens, the exposure to everything in the area of washing, and not to mention your hands. Youre doing way more harm than good, in most cases.
Join our Easy Traeger Recipes Facebook group!
Everyone has their own opinion, so you do what you feel you must, but also know if you are rinsing your chicken youre wrong.
If you choose to rinse despite all evidence and advice to the contrary, be sure to thoroughly clean the whole area with a disinfectant and to wash any utensils used and your hands before proceeding with the preparation of other foods.
Plum Crazy Good Marinade
For the marinade, I used wild plums, W sauce and some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. If you do not have fresh plums laying around, you can use plum jelly or even peach preserves both will give a great flavor.
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate for about an hour to give the flavors time to incorporate.
Recommended Reading: How To Grill Frozen Salmon
Do You Grill Chicken On High Or Low Heat
If you cook the chicken on too hot a grill, the skin will burn before the flesh cooks. Medium- low is the best temperature on a charcoal grill, and medium on a gas grill. This way, you ll crisp the skin and avoid flareups. Dark meat on the bone is more flavorful and will stay juicier on the grill.
How Do I Smoke Beer Can Chicken
Place the chicken on the grill and close the grill cover while cooking. You will cook until the chicken reaches 160 degrees in the breast area and 175 degrees in the thigh area.
When you will brush on the barbeque sauce, you want to cook the sauce until it becomes tacky instead of wet but you dont want it to burn. So be careful with the time and temperature.
Remember when cooking chicken, the juices will run clear when the chicken is done.
Read Also: How To Clean Stainless Steel Bbq Grill
What Temperature Should Beer Can Chicken Be Cooked To
Your whole grilled chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken thigh reads 165°F. Depending on the size of your chicken and the type of grill you use, this means that your beer can chicken cook time will vary a bit. We recommend starting to check the temp at an hour and 15 minutes, and then keep checking regularly until you see that 165°F. Also, when youre checking the internal temperature, make sure that youre not touching the bone.
What Can You Use Beer For
14 Genius Ways to Use Beer Other Than Drinking It Straight
- Put out a fire. PIN IT.
- Take a bath. Frat houses arent the only place where people go to get soaked in beer.
- Clean pots, pans, and jewelry. PIN IT.
- Cook great recipes. PIN IT.
- Improve your lawn. PIN IT.
- Pass a kidney stone.
- Soothe your feet.
Don’t Miss: Macaroni Grill Delaware
Easy Beer Can Chicken Recipe : Easiest Way To Cook Tasty Beer Can Chicken Recipe
Beer Can Chicken Recipe Grilled chicken is easy, quick and healthy food. Grilling meat reduces the fat because it drips out while you cook. The onions become very brown and tender during cooking. It basically falls off the bone. This simple technique adds a spice rub for extra flavor.
Perfect Roasted Chicken & More | Eat this now from pantry.blogs.pressdemocrat.com
Country living editors select each product featured. Mini chicken pot pies and beer can chicken are perfect winter comfort foods. Our july fourth tradition is to grill chickens that stand up on a can of beer. The spruce / loren runion this smoked version of the classic beer can chicken recipe takes the temperatur. Once upon a time, it seemed like keeping chickens was just for farmers, but today, more and more people are getting back to their roots and keeping chickens in their own backyards. Use it to grill a beer can chicken recipe from food network. Don’t just drink your beer Not only do they provide their owners with fresh delicious.
How To Cook Chicken Safely
The key here is being careful, and making sure to use a good meat thermometer to ensure the meat reaches the proper internal temperature before serving.
The recommended internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees. Insert your meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh but not touching the bone.
So do your research, and choose your preference is what I suggest.
Don’t Miss: How To Grill Boneless Chicken Breast
Traeger Beer Can Chicken
Summertime, the best time of the year! You can cook outside, eat outside, just BE outside.
Grilling and BBQs are the things I look forward to the most every year, and this popular Beer Can Chicken method is one of my favorite ways to prepare chicken.
It takes about and hour to an hour and a half to cook over indirect heat.
This chicken is golden and crispy and carves up juicy and delicious and goes with any occasion or event. Having a large group for dinner? Prepare 2 or more on your grill!
Its even great cold, so pack up that picnic basket and head for the park or the lake.
More Easy Traeger Recipes here!
Easy Beer Can Chicken Made On The Grill
During that stretch of extreme heat here in Minnesota recently, I was suddenly craving a whole chicken. Moist and fall-off-the-bone tender, with crispy skin that was super charged with flavor.
Well, I knew I wasnt going to turn on the oven with those temps in the upper 90s. And, Hey Blake, dont we have a beer can chicken holder around here somewhere?
My husband found the specialty grill pan out in the garage, stored with the rest of our grilling and smoking supplies. I knew this was going to turn into an obsession for me, as I started to recall why we havent used that pan in at least five years.
I was bound and determined. We were going to perfect how to grill a whole chicken.
Youre gonna love this Beer Can Chicken!
Read Also: How To Grill Frozen Salmon In Foil
What Is The Best Beer For Beer Can Chicken
The best beer for beer can chicken is the kind of beer that youd like to sip while you watch the grill. Imagine a hot day, breeze blowing but plenty of ambient heat from that coal fire whats in your hand? For us, its a lager every time. All-American, mass-produced lagers are the gold standard for beer can chickenstuff like a can of Miller, or a Budwieserbut you dont need to feel married to any one brand. If you can find Stella in a can, or a Montucky Cold Snack or even a good old PBR. Whatever youd actually like to drink about half of before popping your chicken on the grill is the right choice.
Beer Can Chicken Tips
- For a different flavor, try using soft drinks, fruit juices or wine in place of the beer.
- Create a more concentrated flavor from your rub by allowing the chicken to set for 4 hours or overnight with the rub on it. Be sure to cover and refrigerate it while it sits.
- Use your favorite marinade on the chicken before grilling.
- Don’t have a grill? The beer can chicken can be roasted in the oven rather than on a grill if you don’t have one available. It will be still be moist and delicious but it won’t have the great grilled flavor.
- To increase the flavor of the beer, add it as an ingredient in a marinade or if you are going to barbecue the beer can chicken, add some beer to the sauce.
- Because of the steam created when using the beer can method to cook the chicken, you generally do not need to baste the chicken as it cooks. Although basting is not necessary to keep the chicken moist, you can add special flavoring by basting if desired. Be careful if basting so that you do not knock the chicken over when applying it.
Bbq Beer Can Chicken Recipe For Weekend Cooking
Everyone has a recipe for grilled Beer Can Chicken. Fundamentally, you just shove a can in the nether regions of the chicken and stick it on the grill. But what makes this chicken recipe special is the spice rub and the doohicky we use to hold the chicken.
You guys know by now that I love a good kitchen gadget. But this upright rack not only holds the can but it holds the chicken in place in a stable way depending on the size of your chicken, sometimes balancing on a beer can is not as easy as it looks.
But the magic really happens because of the BBQ Spice Rub. A little spicy kick paired with your favorite barbecue sauce makes this BBQ Beer Can Chicken AWESOME!
Not a beer drinker? Never fear, use apple juice as a substitute. It is really about the sugars. You can use the rack to hold the chicken and just inject the apple juice into the meat before grilling.
Thanks To A Recipe From Chef Michael Symon’s Cookbook And Our Easy Tricks You’re Going To Master This Grill Technique
Its hard to believe that beer can chicken is one of the easiest ways to grill a chicken, but cooking it vertically, atop a semi-full can of beeryes, you can cook with beeris the way to go if youre looking to wow your guests. Not only does it look impressive, it tastes amazing, too!
The thing that makes it so delicious is the chicken sits on a beer and as the beer is heating up, its throwing steam and flavor into the inside of the chicken which keeps things incredibly moist, says Food Network star, Iron Chef and restaurateur Michael Symon. He includes a beer can chicken recipe in his new cookbook, Playing with Fire.
Check out Chef Symons recipe below plus some of our tricks to make the seasons best beer can chicken:
You May Like: Char-broil Grill Grates Rusted
Tips For Smoking Cooking A Beer Can Chicken On A Wood Pellet Grill
There are a few tips when cooking a beer can chicken on a wood pellet grill.
These are the most important things to consider:
- Make sure you have enough wood pellets in the grill so it doesnt run out. We actually forgot to do this and we ran out about an hour into cooking the chicken.
- Set the temperature at 300 350 degrees. Cooking the chicken too low will cause the skin to turn rubbery and hard to chew.
- Insert a temperature probe into the thickest part of the thigh making sure not to touch any of the bone.
- Cook the chicken to the recommended internal temperatures, to prevent any illnesses.
- Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes to let the juices settle and prevent it from becoming dry.
Tips And Tricks For The Best Beer Can Chicken
Want to make the best beer can chicken ever? Follow these tips:
- Dont be stingy on the spices, use your hands to really rub them in all the nooks and crannies. Your hands are the best tools.
- Use a meat thermometer to check if your chicken is cooked through. This really is the best way to tell. I used it every single time, even though I cook chicken often. It really is the best way to make sure your chicken is cooked through.
- After you take the chicken out of the oven or off the grill, do not carve it right away. Let it sit and rest for at least 15 minutes before carving. This will ensure the chicken stays juicy and moist.
- Experiment with the spices. You dont have to use my spice mix combination, use whatever you have in your spice cabinet and what you love.
You May Like: How To Remove Cooking Grease From Concrete
Everything You Need To Know For The Best Beer Can Chicken
Follow these tips, and youll be set up for success.
- Season the chicken well. Season the chicken inside and out with a dry rub of salt, paprika, thyme, and cumin.
- Empty half of the beer. You need some headspace in the can to create steam for cooking the inside of the chicken. You can reserve 1/4 cup for basting the chicken later, or just drink the poured off beer.
- Set your beer can chicken in a pan. You dont need a fancy beer can chicken holder, just a simple 9×13 metal pan. Set the beer in this pan and the lower the chicken onto the beer this will not only help you transfer the chicken from the kitchen to the grill without spilling, but it will also catch the chicken and the beer if things get topsy on the grill.
- Cook the chicken over indirect heat. Beer can chicken takes about an hour of total cook time so youre essentially setting your grill up to be an oven for slow roasting. Depending on your grill, this could mean setting all the coals to one side on your charcoal grill or lighting half of your gas grill burners to high while the others stay off. That reserved beer will come in handy for basting the chicken with an easy sauce towards the end of cooking.