Cheesy Ranch Turkey Burgers Recipe
Everybody has to have a good turkey burger recipe in their back pocket. My Ranch Turkey Burgers are juicy and packed with flavor! They take less than 10 minutes to make, so they are perfect for every night of the week. Jump to the recipe
Preheat grill. In a large bowl, combine the beef, Ranch seasoning mix, bread crumbs, minced yellow onion, and pepper and mix well. With wet hands shape the meat mixture into 6 patties, each about 1-inch thick. Grill the burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached and juices run clear.
Grill patties on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Turn patties and brush with marmalade. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F.. Toast cut sides of buns on grill. Serve patties in buns and, if desired, with lettuce, tomato, and onion.
Add ground turkey, ketchup, and all seasonings to a large bowl. Using your hands, mix well until all spices and seasonings are well incorporated. Divide patties equally into 4 burgers. Cook on the BBQ or on a grill pan 34 minutes each side until completely cooked through. Assemble burgers and add toppings of choice.
Grill Secrets For A Moist Turkey Burger
The humble turkey burger doesnt get the same love and respect as a ground beef burger. And for good reason since eating a typical turkey burger is about as exciting as eating cardboard. White turkey meat is very lean so it dries out easily and doesnt offer much in the way of flavor. When I grill turkey burgers I like to add some unexpected ingredients to the mix.
Grated Granny Smith apples keep the burgers moist and juicy and mango chutney adds bright flavor and subtle sweetness. Serve the burgers with your favorite cheese , lettuce, tomatoes and extra mango chutney on the side.
Grilled Turkey Ranch Burgers Recipe
First, fire up your charcoal grill . Finely chop the green onions, onion and pepper .
In a large bowl mix together the dry onion soup mix, sour cream, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, kosher salt, pepper and Tabasco. Stir so it is well combined. Add in the ground turkey and with clean hands or a fork, lightly mix the turkey in. Do not overmix or you will have tough/compact burgers.
You May Like: Vinegar To Clean Grill
How To Keep Turkey Burgers Moistdont Overcook
Rendered fat contributes to much of the juiciness in meat. When youre preparing very lean meat such as white poultry meat, the meats natural juices are what youre relying on for a succulent mouthfeel. Its important to be very mindful of internal temperature when cooking lean meats so they dont become overcooked and dry.
Since small pieces of meat cook quickly over high heat, youll want to keep a close eye on your turkey burgers internal temperature as they cook to be sure they do not overcook. The key to minimizing moisture loss and maximizing juiciness in burgers is through careful temperature tracking.
Exact Answer: 12 To 14 Minutes
When you ask someone what their favorite fast food is, you will probably get a couple of answers. You will get few answers like Pizza, Sandwiches, or Tacos. However, many people have a general inclination towards burgers. When it comes to burgers, there is not just a single type.
There are many varieties of burgers that you can get at any outlet. Out of these, many people love to have a quickly grilled turkey burger. Yes, that thick juicy turkey patty grilled to perfection is a burger lovers dream come true.
But it is not necessary to go to a restaurant to have these tasteful burgers. You can cook them at your home in just a few minutes. That too, with a few ingredients.
Read Also: How To Get Grease Off Concrete Driveway
Grilled Turkey Burgers With Ranch Seasoning
SPINACH Feta Turkey Burgers 1 pound ground turkey 1 cup oats 2 egg whites 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed, chopped, drained 1 cup feta cheese crumbled 1 tsp dried minced onion or finely chopped onion 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 pinch salt. MyImpKitchen. M.
The main problem is that turkey burgers are notoriously dry, as the meat is much leaner than traditional ground beef. When I order turkey burgers at restaurants, I often end up disappointed with a dry, bland burger. But after a year of perfecting my craft, I’ve developed a few secrets to cooking a juicy, flavorful turkey burger at home.
Steps. 1. Heat closed medium-size contact grill for 5 minutes. In medium bowl, mix beef, onion, parsley, 3 tablespoons of the dressing and the pepper. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick. 2. Place patties on grill. Close grill.
In a large bowl mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, and egg white. Form into 4 burger patties. Place patties on grill, cooking on low to medium heat till cooked through entirely. Mix ranch dressing and franks red bot in small bowl. Plae burgers on the wheat rolls and top with buffalo ranch sauce. Garnish with veggies and enjoy!
Grilled Spicy Ranch Turkey Burgers. These are a tasty alternative to traditional Ranch Burgers. They are sure to be a hit with everyone. Great for cookouts or everyday dinner.
How To Prepare The Grill For Grilling Turkey Burgers
I like using a chimney stack.
Ive been a Kingsford Charcoal guy for a long time, my dad and uncles used Kingsford, and it worked just fine for them. And guess what? It works fine for me too.
Grilled Turkey Burger with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and onion
Recommended Reading: How To Grill Boneless Chicken Breast
Add An Egg To The Mix To Help It Stick Together To Grill Turkey Burgers Without Falling Apart
Ground turkey does not have enough fat to glue the ingredients together. One strategy to keep turkey burgers from coming apart is to include an egg in them. It serves as a binding agent. More ingredients, such as spring onions, can be added, and the turkey burger mixture will still remain together.
To ensure the meat adheres together without the egg dominating the turkey burgers flavors, most people suggest using one egg yolk per pound of turkey meat. Egg whites can also be combined with finely sliced onion. Make sure the water in the onions is strained off, so the turkey patties keep their shape.
This Burger Recipe Have You Craving Burgers Here Are A Few More Epic Burger Recipes To Try
- Best-Ever Turkey BurgersThe absolute best-ever grilled turkey burger recipe. Mega juicy & flavorful, perfect every time!
- The BEST Grilled Black Bean BurgersA completely GRILLABLE veggie burger recipe!!! The perfect plant-based burgers for vegetarians & vegans alike.
- PWWB House Burgers The easy French Onion Burgers that were obsessed with at the PWWB House!
- Stuffed Southwest Turkey BurgersZesty, spicy turkey burgers stuffed with ooey-gooey pockets of melty cheese. The ultimate turkey burger!
- Stuffed Bacon Cheddar CheeseburgersAll-beef burger patties stuffed with sharp cheddar & smoky bacon. These stuffed burgers take bacon cheeseburgers to the next level!
- Caprese Turkey BurgersAll the flavors you love in Caprese salad juicy tomatoes, fresh & fragrant basil, mild & clean mozzarella in burger form!
Recommended Reading: Cleaning Traeger Fire Pot
What Can I Use To Bind Turkey Burgers Instead Of Eggs
Turkey burgers can be dry and tasteless. Unlike their beef counterparts, they easily fall through grates because they lack a fair amount of fat.
Turkey burgers usually come in 95/5 lean to fat ratio or 97/3, while beef can be 70/30 lean to fat ratio. This means you have to offset the lack of fat by adding fat or a fat substitute to balance the texture and flavor.
Best Turkey Burger Recipe
Are you sad?
Im sad. Today is the last day of Burger Week. I hope youve enjoyed all the recipes thus far, I know Ive had fun making them and then of course eating them! Thats a no brainer. haha
Have you made any of them yet? Or do you have plans to make them? If so, which one?
At our house, Ill probably make the Keto Bacon Cheeseburgers again and todays Turkey Burgers! Did you notice that all of the burgers this week didnt even use ground beef!! Honestly, I didnt notice until I just wrote it. haha. But its true. Mondays recipe was with Salmon, Wednesdays was ground Bison and today is Turkey. Just trying to keep things interesting and broaden your Hamburger Recipe horizons. wink wink.
You May Like: What Temp To Cook Grilled Cheese On Griddle
Recipe Notes And Helpful Tips
- Use ground turkey not ground turkey breast as it is too lean and the burgers are much too dry.
- If the burgers are too loose to form patties simply add more breadcrumbs to firm them up. Some brands of ground turkey seem to have more moisture in them than others.
- To keep the burgers from sticking to the grill spritz both sides of the patties with oil before grilling. Do not use an unseasoned grill. Just like your cookie sheets over time your grill becomes seasoned. See below for seasoning your grill.
- The burgers are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Turkey burgers should always be cooked to well done.
- If desired top with your favorite sliced cheese and melt right on the grill the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Top however you like to eat your burgers. For our family that is lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onions .
How To Cook Turkey Burgers On The Grill:
Note: for full Recipe Directions, be sure to reference the Recipe Card, below.
Grilling turkey burgers can be a little tricky. Turkey meat is so much leaner than beef or pork, so it has a tendency to stick to the grill or fall apart when it cooks .
Theres no reason to be intimidated or worried about grilling up this turkey burgers recipe, though. Weve already won half of the battle by using the right ingredients. The only thing left is a little technique when it comes time to grilling.
Heres a quick overview of what youll need to do.
Preheat the grill for medium-high direct heat grilling, about 450 degrees F, which is what Ive found to be the best grilling temperature for grilled turkey burgers. Once the grill reaches cooking temperature, let it continue to heat for 5-10 minutes to ensure the grill grates are nice & hot, which will help prevent sticking.
Oil the grill grates: Once the grill is hot, & just before youre ready to place the turkey burgers on the grill, use grilling tongs to run a generously oiled paper towel over the grill grates. If youve ever wondered about the secret of how to grill turkey burgers without falling apart, THIS IS IT. Generously oiling the grill grates is crucial to ensure your turkey burgers dont stick to the grill. You can use any high-quality vegetable oil. I actually prefer avocado oil spray as its a little easier to evenly coat the paper towel.
Also Check: What To Do With Old Gas Grill
Why Does It Take So Long To Grill Turkey Burgers
Any food item needs to get cooked for at least 5 minutes. You will have to invest time in cooking so that the outcome is perfect. That is because the heat will gradually cook the food. Needless to say, if you are planning to have grilled turkey burgers, then you will have to invest at least 15 to 20 minutes apart from the prep time.
However, other reasons define why it takes so much time to grill the turkey burger. The reasons are as follows:
- The first reason is the temperature at which you are grilling the turkey. Commonly, people cook it on moderate heat to cook it evenly. But if you are cooking it at a low temperature, it will take more time to get grilled. Medium heat takes lesser time.
- Next is the choice of meat, that is how cooked you want it to be. If you prefer rare, then it will get grilled faster. But if you like it well cooked, it will take a long time to get cooked.
- The thickness of the patty also determines why it takes longer. The thicker the burger, the more time it is going to take. Similarly, the thinner the burger, the faster it will get grilled.
How To Make Grilled Turkey Burgers
Start by mixing the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire Sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Then shape the mixture into four patties and spritz with a little oil on both sides of each burger. Grill for about 5 minutes then flip and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. If desired top with cheese and melt. Place the burgers on toasted brioche buns and top with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, and assorted condiments.
Read Also: How Do You Clean A Stainless Steel Grill
How Long Does It Take To Cook And How Do You Know Its Ready
Hopefully, your charcoal has a built-in thermostat. For cooking turkey burgers, the charcoal grill should have a reading between 400-450. When cooking burgers, your Kingsford Charcoal should be in a horseshoe shape or all on one side so you can cook the burgers using indirect heat. This means you cook the burgers using the conductive heat stored inside the grate instead of placing the burgers directly over the flame or heat.
Pro-tip: Before placing the burgers on the grill, make sure the grill is well-oiled with a high smoke point oil like canola or vegetable oil brush the area where you will be placing the burgers. Place your turkey burgers away from the coals and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, then flip the burgers over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Use an instant-read thermometer the internal temperature of the turkey burgers should read 160 degrees.
Spray The Grill Grates With Non
Spray the grates with non-stick cooking spray before turning on the grill. It aids in the prevention of burgers sticking to the grill. Sticking frequently results in smashed burgers.
There are a few other techniques to make your barbecue non-stick:
- Rub the sliced side of a half-onion on the hot grill grates
- Seasoning, the grill grates with a paper towel, dipped in oil
Read Also: How To Grill Boneless Chicken On A Gas Grill
Why Do Hamburgers Fall Apart On The Grill
Some people who make hamburgers have a tendency to add too much in their patties. They add soy, marinates, liquid seasoning, and even salt long before making the patty. All the extra ingredients either add too much moisture to the patty, which will make it fall apart. Some also use binders like breadcrumbs or eggs.
How To Keep A Turkey Burger Juicy:
Adding a healthy fat to the meat is the key to keeping your burger nice and juicy. You can use olive oil as listed, or try another healthy fat like avocado oil.
Alternatively, you can sauté half a chopped onion and mix that in with the meat. The onion will help keep the burger moist. This is a great option if you dont want to add in the added fat, but we highly recommend the olive oil. It makes for such a great burger!
Read Also: Char-broil Porcelain Grates
How To Make Turkey Burgers On The Grill
Combine cheese, dressing and onion in a small bowl set aside. Shape turkey into 4 patties about ½-inch thick. Season patties with salt and pepper. Oil hot grill to help prevent sticking. Grill turkey, on covered grill, over medium Kingsford® Charcoal Briquettes, 1216 minutes until burgers are cooked through, turning once.
The Best Turkey Burgers Start With The Right Ingredients:
Building a flavorful & juicy turkey burger starts with using the right ingredients. I cannot emphasize this enough! From the fat content of the ground turkey to some smart moisture- & flavor-boosting additions, every single ingredient in this grilled turkey burgers recipe plays an essential role.
The cast of characters includes
- ground turkey Specifically, ground turkey with decent fat content. Fat translates to juiciness, so were not using the extra lean stuff here. Look for 93% lean ground turkey, at least. If you can find 90-92%, thats even better. If youre purchasing from your grocery stores butcher counter, ask for ground turkey thigh or dark meat.
- mayonnaiseYES, mayonnaise. Its my secret ingredient for juicy turkey burgers. The littlest bit of mayonnaise lends juiciness & flavor to the turkey burgers, & will prevent them from drying out as they grill. I swear by it. For optimal flavor, use a high-quality mayonnaise. Sir Kensingtons is my favorite, by a longshot.
- garlic& onion The easiest flavor-boosters! Rather than dicing, I like grating onion for burgers . Finely grated onion sorta disintegrates into little shards of flavor without disrupting the texture of the burgers in the way that a larger dice would.
- Worcestershire sauce My favorite little secret weapon for adding TONS of umami to burgers whether theyre made from beef, poultry, or veggies. A little goes a long way!
- plus, kosher salt& ground black pepper, of course!
Read Also: How Long To Grill Beer Can Chicken