Are All Imported Grills Bad
Does this mean all imported grills are bad? Notnecessarily. But as mentioned earlier, they are not held to the same standardsthat American-made grills are held to. You can feel the quality difference.
BBQ Depot does sell some imported brandsincluding Summerset and Blaze.This is because these brands have shown product support. It may take months andmonths for parts, but eventually those parts become available. With that being said, there are definitely quality issues as well asmanufacturing choices that can end up turning into a headache for the consumer.For example, these grills use flame thrower valves. If you need to replaceyour ignition electrode, you will have to replace the entire valve. Thiscreates a large expense for an inexpensive part. Since the electrode is builtinto the valve, there is not a replacement for it.
There is much that could be said about eachindividual brand that imports their grills. Since a large part of our businessinvolves service and selling replacement parts, we are frequently put in thedifficult position of explaining to customers why there is no product supportfor their grills.
Because of this, we have had to make thedifficult choice of not displaying imported grills in our showroom. When wedisplay a grill and a customer purchases that grill, they hold us accountablefor the quality of the product. Due to the many inconsistencies, we had noalternative but to display products we can stand behind, like our American-madegrills.
Which Grill Should You Purchase
When it comes to purchasing a grill, you willeither spend your money upfront on a quality grill that will last for decadesor youll spend it later. Oftentimes consumers find themselves buying the sameimported grills over and over again.
Instead, we offer the solution of buying oneAmerican-made grill from BBQ Depot that youll be able to use for years tocome.
We have vast experience and knowledge when itcomes to grills. We have been selling and repairing grills since 1956! We lookforward to serving you and your family and helping you find a grill to joinyour backyard festivities for many years.
FYI: Some of these links have been updated.
Who Owns The Weber Grills
Weber Grills is a privately-owned company that focuses on making charcoal, electric and gas grills. The company also manufactures some related accessories that consumers buy in order to make their experience more enriching.
Weber is owned by the Weber-Stephen Products LLC. This is a privately-owned manufacturer who also owns some assets of Ducane Products. In a bankruptcy sale in 2004, Weber Grills successfully bought some of the assets of its competitor, Ducane Products Co.
Weber was a business owned by the family of Stephen George Sr. This family business successfully ran its operations for decades until they sold their controlling stake. This had to be done because Weber Grills was losing some international market due to the rise in competition. They sold the controlling stake to BDT. The BDT owns some part of the company but the majority control still lies with the original owners.
The 2010 BDT acquisition did not include the restaurant operations. This is why even today the restaurants are owned by the family of Stephen Georges family. Even though the brand name did not change, the two firms have drifted apart. The company owned by BDT manufactures and deals with outdoor grills while the other company focuses on restaurants and their operations.
You May Like: Temperature Of Grilled Pork Chops
Bbq: Saber Grills And The Original Flame Inc
Yes, The Original Flame Inc. is a dealer of SABER products with which you can cook a delicious dinner. Our showroom is located in Peterborough and we supply fireplaces, fireplace inserts, BBQ, cookstoves, and stoves throughout the region.
Established in 1885, SABER has over a 100 years experience in manufacturing outdoor cooking components. You will find SABER grills for sale in our showroom. Enjoy cooking outdoors with this grill at your home for your family and guests. The high demand for SABER BBQ that we experience at The Original Flame is mostly due to performance, innovative design and the latest technology. You will find the BBQ appliances of SABER an extremely affordable investment at our showroom in Peterborough.
The specialty of a SABER BBQ is that the heat is distributed evenly and the food is cooked properly. The appliances have a burner in each of the compartments so that you can cook more than one delicacy at the same time. The SABER grills allow you to cook a steak at 700 degrees while vegetarian dishes can be cooked at 300 degrees.
Another benefit you will find with SABER grills purchased from our showroom is that they are not high-maintenance appliances. These grills are manufactured from high-quality stainless steel like Grade 304 that is resistant to corrosion and are known for longevity. Infrared technology is another advantage and the SABER grills do not consume much fuel.
Bbq Depots Usa Grillmanufacturers
Heresa list of some of the American-made grills that BBQ Depot has extensiveexperience with by either selling or servicing through the years:
3. American Outdoor Grill – Manufactured byRH Peterson. Lifetime warranty on Burners.
4. American Muscle Grill – Manufactured by Summerset under their American Made Grills Brand
24. Weber Summit
Theres plenty more where this came from. Atthe BBQ Depot we take pride in the fact that we offer so many American-madegrills, and we realize its an important factor to many consumers on the huntfor a new BBQ.
Also Check: Grilling Pork Loin Time
Where Are Weber Grills Made
The Weber Grills are headquartered in the United States. The Headquarters of the company are in Palatine, Illinois. This long-run family business historically manufactured grills and their accessories in the United States. However, ever since the BDT contract in 2010, the question on everyones mind is: are the products still manufactured in the United States or not?
Even though the Weber Grills are headquartered in the United States and their primary functioning is carried out in Illinois, their products are not entirely made in the United States. This is because many of the parts that go into making the grills are imported from other countries that go into making the grills.
In fact, the Weber Grills have even faced court action and trial back in 2012 when they claimed to have made their products in the USA. The made in the USA stamp on their products was under fire as their grill components are imported from other countries and the consumers felt misled.
The newer Weber models are made in China as the parts are made there and then imported to be assembled in the USA with the rest of the parts. Even their labels now read Made in the United States of America with some globally sourced parts and components. While some other products are completely made in China or some are completely built using globally sourced components.
Why Buy Gas Grills Manufactured Inthe Usa From Bbq Depot
At BBQ Depot, we feel there are severalreasons to buy grills made in America. Heres a few of our favorite reasons:
1. It supports our economy on a national andlocal scale.
2. It provides job security for Americans.
3. Manufacturing standards on gas productsmade in the USA are subject to stringent regulations and laws that areregularly enforced. Not every country shares these same standards. We have seen countless numbers of imported gas products that are manufacturedto standards that are so low they are considered unlawful in the USA. Buying anAmerican-made gas grill from the BBQ Depot can give you peace of mind that yourgrill has been made and inspected to be up to par with the latest laws andguidelines.
4. Buying grills made in America gives youeasier access to service, warranty, and replacement parts. Is there anythingmore frustrating than not being able to purchase a replacement part? Not onlydo we sell American-made grills, but we sell the American-made replacementparts that go along with them. No more wasting hours and hours searching the Internet trying to find the rightpart, only to find out it doesnt exist anymore. Just head to our website or giveus a call and well help you find it.
5. The quality of manufacturing is higher.When a product is designed and manufactured in the United States, the entireconstruction pipeline can be monitored closely. This means fewer defects and abetter overall product.
Also Check: Best Way To Clean Weber Grill Grates
Saber Grills Review :
- The grilling grates are heavy duty 304 stainless steel. They are great to retain tremendous heat and are also an easy non-sticking cooking surface.Theres nothing more frustrating than an adhesive surface where your food gets stuck and is a pain to remove. In this sense, these grates are incredible for searing and grilling any type of meat, poultry or vegetables that you want.
- On top of the main cooking grates, you will find the secondary cooking surface that comes in as an adjustable warming rack. Its easy to handle and you can customize its use to match your needs. You can put it back if you dont need it, use it on up at the top for warming or roasting or you can detach it and secure it on its other position that is about an inch from the main cooking grates.
- True zonal cooking: there are three independent cooking zones/burners that allow you to cook at the temperature that you want on every zone. This gives you the advantage and convenience to cook/grill/sear different food at the same time even they require different temperatures. You could be searing some steak on very high temperature on one side and gently roast some tomatoes on the other.
Which Weber Grills Are Not Made In The Usa
There are many Weber Grills products that are not produced in the USA. They are assembled in the USA using globally imported parts and components. If theyre not made using such imported parts, they are then made completely in China.
For example, the Spirit Series sold and distributed by Weber Products is completely made in China. It is assembled in China, while the parts may be globally sourced, the assembly is done in China and most of the parts are from China. However, these products are still up to the mark and perform well.
The Genesis II series are also manufactured completely in China. The parts are all also made in China. Overall it is a great set to have.
Read Also: How To Get Cooking Grease Off Concrete
Heres Why You Should Avoidimported Grills
1. Manufacturing, environmental and laborstandards. Companies building grills in the United States are subject tostringent regulations. This means that if your grill is built in the US, itslikely to be built by people who have been compensated fairly. Likewise, theenvironment likely wasnt harmed in its creation.
2. The frustration of not having access toparts such as grease trays, valves, manifolds, knobs, wheels, and bodyparts. These are just some of the parts you may not be able to replace. Many ofthe parts are only available on the aftermarket . Remember when you import products, you are subject to minimum quantity orders.When you have dozens of models using the same burners and heat shields, meetingthat MOQ is easier than other replacement parts thatare specific to model sizes.
3. There is no commitment to manufacturingequipment. When manufacturing is subcontracted, you are relying on thecontractor to stay in business and have quality and consistent manufacturing. Often, if they change equipment, the engineering of your grill model willchange thus making replacement parts obsolete. Then, when you need areplacement part, it no longer exists.
At that point, what are the replacementoptions? Often there is no replacement. Modification of the outdoor kitchen andcountertop becomes necessary, creating a huge expense. This situation rarelyoccurs in a US-manufactured grill, as we sell at the BBQ Depot.
Weber Grills Industrial History
Somewhere in the 1950s, the founder of Weber Grills, George Stephen Sr. worked as an employee in the sales department of Weber Brothers Metal Works. This was a company that his father with a few of his friends operated at the time.
A Weber grill is known for its domed shape which is believed to give the best possible shape. This shape and the first grill itself date back to Weber Brothers Metal Works itself. The company was founded somewhere in the late 1890s. It was based in Chicago and manufactured a large variety of metal products. It produced metal products like hinges, wagons, cylinders and so on.
At the time, George Stephen Sr. had an inventive mind that was always teeming to experiment with different kinds of metals and making new shapes out of it. Stephen was very fond of grilling and barbecuing and so was his growing family which included 12 children.
In earlier times, the popular design of the grill was the open brazier that worked on charcoal or some other kind of coal. This appliance used a metal tray or mesh to hold the coals in place. The real problem of the grills was that the top half was left open. This meant that the food was left vulnerable to the weather.
Don’t Miss: What Temp To Grill Pork
How We Turned It Into A Win
With the money we saved making our grills overseas, and by selling them directly to you without the dealers, we can include so much more quality with our products. We beefed up the construction and made it dual-wall for a better thermal jacket. We made parts of the grill stronger for more longevity and durability. Throughout our line of Grilla Grills, theres more stainless steel now compared to our earlier versions.
Today, the accessories and extra hardware for our pellet grills are made in the USA, right here in Holland, MI. Were always designing more products to use with our grills, shaping them with our laser cutters and having avid grillers throughout America test them. Our grills may be manufactured elsewhere, but we never skimp on quality because we open up and inspect every grill that arrives here on our floor. We focus our savings on making Grilla Grills a better product every day, while keeping our products budget-friendly for you.
Now we have an awesome grill line at an awesome price and weve sold more in the first three months than we have in the past three years. Not to mention, customers are loving them.
So that was the long answer about where Grilla Grills are manufactured. The change was a tough call, but the quality and price point of our grills matters the most. If you have further questions regarding where our Grilla Grills are made, please feel free to reach out. Were open to your feedback, so call or email us today.
Proudly Built In North America
We are committed to producing gas grills that you can count on for the utmost in performance, built with quality materials for years of durability. Broil King gas grills are manufactured in North American factories located in Huntington Indiana, Dickson Tennessee and Waterloo Ontario.
When it comes to quality, there can be no compromise. Improvement to quality is a never ending journey. Onward was the first grill company to embrace ISO quality standards and remains committed to insuring and continuously improving the quality of every process, component, product and service to deliver an exceptional experience our customers have grown to trust.
Read Also: Does Closing The Grill Make It Hotter
What You Should Do
Consumers should immediately stop using the affected grills and recalled RA329 regulators and contact Saber for a free repair kit with installation instructions.
A video on how to install the replacement components is available here.
For more information, consumers may contact Saber Grills toll-free at 1-866-671-7988 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET Saturday, or online.
Consumers may view the release by the US CPSC on the Commission’s website.
Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.
Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
This recall is also posted on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls website. You can visit this site for more information on other international consumer product recalls.
Why Purchase From The Bbq Depot
TheBBQDepot has been an authorized Alfresco dealer AND service dealer for over 10 years!
Purchasing from an authorized service dealer means if you need troubleshooting assistance, we are here. Not many “Retail Dealers” know how to help walk you through an issue.
We operate not only virtually, but from a brick and mortar showroom that has been in the same Hollywood, FL location since 1956. We also repair grills so, if you are in need of troubleshooting or replacement parts, we do not leave you find figure out what is wrong with your grill on your own.
We are the longest operating one stop grill shop in the nation. We are called upon by leading manufacturers who are in need of the expertise of our technicians to assist them in field repairs. Come to the experts!
Recommended Reading: Steaks On The Traeger
We strongly believe grills made in the USA areworth the price. We have not seen a recall on a grill manufactured in the USAin many years. However, there are hundreds of thousands of grills imported fromother countries that are recalled year after year. The peace of mind knowingthat your grill was made under strict guidelines with quality material is worththe price especially keeping in mind your familys safety and the fact thatan American-made grill will last you much longer.