Green Mountain Grill Wifi Problems
The first thing to do is reset the grill and attempting to update it. This is necessary for two reasons:
- Make sure you have the newest firmware because the previous versions dont support WiFi mode.
- If your attempt to update it is a success, it means youve got your grill on home WiFi. If the WiFi mode is still not working, it means there is a problem locating your grill.
- Please confirm these things after resetting your grill and attempting to update it:
- Be sure youve tried resetting the router several times.
- Ensure that the GMG networks signal is strong when it stands next to the home router.
- Be sure that the range is not a problem and the grill antenna is okay.
- Make sure you use the 2.4 GHz band on the dual-band router.
- Be sure theres no ! in the password or SSID. For security purposes, use numbers and letters only until it works. Older versions dont accept special characters.
- Use WPA, preferably WPA2_AES encryption, for your password. WPA is the recent standard and safer compared to WEP.
- The password should be less than forty characters.
Green Mountain Grill Troubleshooting And Guide
GMG Grill Troubleshooting
Problems do come often at those times you are not expecting them to come along. For instance, you have planned today a beach excursion for tomorrow. The big day comes, and youre about to use your GMG Prime Grill Davy Crockett only to find that theres something to fix in it. If you know a little about Green Mountain Grill troubleshooting, you can save yourself from further inconveniences that can stop you from having fun with your loved ones or friends. Its time to learn now what you can do when your grill is in trouble.
Green Mountain Grill Problems
The following are the common issues that most GMG grill models encounter and how to fix them:
Legal Disclaimers And Warnings
Product packaging, owners manuals, installation instructions, and/or operating instructions may include more information than what is shown on our website. The content on our site is intended to be used for reference purposes only. Please fully read all included manuals and documentation before installing or using this product. WARNING for California residents: this product may contain chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects, cancer, or other reproductive harm.
You May Like: Do Traeger Grills Go On Sale
Why Is There A Temperature Difference Between The Left To Right Of My Grill
- in most cases, centering the underside V over the firebox will provide satisfactory results from side to side.
- if you move the heat shield to the left, the temperature on the right will increase, and vice-versa.
- Some people still feel more comfortable using instant readings from an instrument such as a Maverick than with the computers averages. If you wish to adjust your grills temperature to match your Maverick move the diffuser to the left or to the right .& quot These are small changes to get it dialed in. Pushing the heat shield left a very small amount from center will direct the flame away from the thermal sensor causing it to read less heat. When it reads lower it will raise the temp of the grill overall. Making it more accurate to what the grill is reading.
- Make small changes of about 5mm only.
S To Connect Green Mountain Grill To Wifi
Once you are done with this process, your grill panel will show UPD and automatically connect to your local network. On the interface, you will now see the time and percentage remaining in the successful update. SUC notification will tell that the Grill is updated successfully, and the FAL option shows that the update is failed.
In Following Conditions, Your Update Fails
- Your Grill might not be within 20 feet range of the home network.
- Grill is already updated on the latest firmware.
- password you entered for the home network can be wrong
Recommended Reading: Who Carries Char Broil Grills
How To Connect Your Grill With Mobile Phone
To connect your smartphone to the Grill, you have to make sure you have already connected local WiFi with the Grill. First of all, you have to download the app that is mentioned on the user manual of the Grill and then launch it on your smartphone. Once it launches successfully, you have to tap on the connect button. It will take some time to search for the grills available near you. Make sure you are near to the Grill when you are doing this process.
Once it shows a Grill detected notification on the screen, it means Grill is now be c0onnected to it, and you can easily manage it with the help of your smartphone.
In addition to that, you can also use a single smartphone to manage multiple grills. It would be helpful to you if you are a person that owns any bakery business or any food chain.
My Grill Didn’t Light What Happened
- Too much ash in the firebox. Wait until it cools off, and clean the ash out.
- Pellets overfilled the firebox. NEVER turn the grill off and on repeatedly, as this will fill the firebox with pellets. The igniter cannot light the pellets unless air can flow freely through the combustion chamber.
- Combustion fan not operating. Check to make sure the fan blades turn freely and that it runs on Cycle 2 of the 0-1- 2-3 sequence. Replace if necessary.
- Firebox is empty because auger has not fed pellets into it. Click the Support Tab for further diagnosis.
Read Also: Where To Buy Broilmaster Gas Grills
Green Mountain Grill Troubleshooting: The Ultimate Guide
As a company, Green Mountain Grills has a solid reputation for quality and customer service. However, even the most reliable pellet grills can run into trouble sometimes.
Knowing how to identify and correct these problems in advance can save a lot of hassle. Take a look at this Green Mountain Grill troubleshooting guide to familiarize yourself with the basics.
Heres a list of the issues that you might encounter when using a Green Mountain Grill, and the steps that you can take to resolve them.
These are the different error codes that you might see in the digital display window.
Free Shipping On Orders Over $49
Ship your entire order to your home for free, especially the big stuff! *Continental US only
When will my item arrive?
Once shipped, items usually arrive within 3-5 business days. While UPS and FedEx are our carriers for smaller items, be aware that larger items and orders are shipped via freight. The freight process is a bit more complicated than what weve all come to expect for small parcels, so its important that youre prepared and understand whats required of you well before delivery day.
- Most freight products ship on a pallet
- Some carriers will call to schedule a delivery window, while others will deliver the shipment to a reasonably accessible location closest to your residence .
- Well specify which process you can expect in your shipping confirmation email.
For carriers that schedule delivery appointments:
Carriers that schedule delivery appointments require you to be home for delivery and provide your signature. The delivery is made with a semi-truck with lift gate services, and the shipment is dropped off at the curb. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, BBQGuys cant be held responsible for damages that occur during delivery. As complicated as this process may seem, weve only scratched the surface here please review our detailed guide to freight delivery so there are no surprises when a freight shipment heads your way.
For carriers that deliver without an appointment:
3-5 Business Days
$6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping
Also Check: How Do You Make Grilled Cheese
Free Shipping On Thousands Of Items*
Look for the FREE SHIPPING note on hundreds of grills, heaters, fire tables and more. For a full list of products, view our Free Shipping page.
How quickly will my order be shipped?
Product ETAs can be found on each individual product. For in-stock products, product usually ships in 1-2 business days. For special order items, shipping times can vary from 2 – 12 weeks or longer depending on product and availability. All times posted are estimated and subject to change at anytime. If you have questions about a specific product or about shipping times for an order that was already placed, please contact customer service at 1-800-GRILL-UP.
Due to current Covid-19 Global Pandemic, shipping times and product availability fluctuate heavily and cannot be guaranteed. All stock availability and shipping times vary and can change rapidly. If you have any concerns, please contact our customer service team.
How long will it take to get my order?
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Daniel Boone & Jim Bowie
Also Check: What Is The Best Barbecue Grill Brand
How To Reconnect Green Mountain Grill To Wifi
In some situations, your Green Mountain grill may lose connection to the Wifi due to fault, firmware issues, or just sometimes things disconnect and need to be reconnected.
Your first option should be to unplug your grill from the wall for at least 1 minute and then see whether plugging it back in reconnects it.
If the hard power reset didnt reconnect your grill, you can reset the Wifi connection on the grill to factory settings or point-to-point connections.
1.Power off your Green Mountain grill.
2. Push and hold the FOOD button.
3. Power on your Green Mountain grill.
4. After about 15 seconds of holding the FOOD button, the digital display should start counting up from 0 to 1000, and you can release the FOOD button.
You can then go through the steps provided in the how to connect a Green Mountain grill to Wifi steps above so that you can get your grill connected again.
This is also the best option if you move houses, change your Internet provider or your Wifi changes for some reason, and you can no longer connect to the grill.
Just reset and reconnect the Green Mountain grill its a quick and easy task.
How To Use The Green Mountain Grill Pizza Oven Attachment
There is nothing better than pizza on the grill. It was, in fact, pizza, that was the first out of the norm thing I ever attempted to make on the grill that spurred my interest in wanting to grill in the early days of my grilling journey.
Everyone loves pizza and the perfect way to make pizza is with a fire, and the Green Mountain Grill pizza oven attachment is the easiest way to get wood fired pizza oven taste without having to build a pizza oven in your backyard.
Ive had a long history with Pizza in my grilling career so far, which is quite surprising because I am lactose intolerant lol! But, theres nothing as awesome as pizza off the grill so Im happy to have been a grilled pizza evangelist from the beginning, starting with doing a Grilled Pizza clinic for the media when I was the Outdoor cooking Ambassador with Land O Lakes cheese, and then even going on the Today show to show people how to make pizzas on their grill with store bought dough! Its like I was a pizza maker in my past life or something and I was destined to make pizza in this life!
So, pizza get even better now that you can make them in your pellet smoker! This all starts with the Green Mountain Grill Pizza Oven insert! You can find the pizza oven attachment at your local Green Mountain Grill dealer.
First, I recommend watching this video on how to get your pizza hooked up to your wifi network.
Read Also: What Are Grill Pellets Made Of
How To Clear Oul Error Code:
First off, check out the wire connections between the control board. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn the unit off and unplug it from the electric outlet.
- Remove the two Philips head screws on the front of the control panel and pull the control panel toward you.
- Blow off the back of the control panel with a can of computer cleaner.
- Reconnect the control board and test the unit.
If, still, the error message persists, head over to the following steps to inspect the wiring for the combustion fan.
- First off, locate the combustion fan. You can find it under the backside of the bottom of your grill.
- Check out the blue wires located inside the white sheathe. Ensure these wire connections are secure and they dont get damaged.
- If the wires get burnt, you should replace the wiring. On the other hand, you should replace the combustion fan if it gets defective.
Finally, check out the wire connection of the hopper fan. If you notice any damage to those wiring, replace them.
Green Mountain Grill Fal Code
FAL code on your Green Mountain Grill means it fails to ignite, or your grill igniter failing to ignite. Your grill will display this error message if the burn cup is filled with ash. When you try to ignite the grill, the ash in the burn cup will drop off and smother the fire. Therefore, faulty igniter wire connections or defective igniter can also be the culprit behind this issue.
Also Check: How Many Minutes To Grill Pork Chops
How To Check The Version Of Firmware To Connect Green Mountain Grill To Wifi
Following a few easy steps, we can quickly check if the current firmware is compatible with WiFi or not. All you have to do is long-press the Grill off button while holding the up button. You have to do this for the next ten seconds. Exactly after ten seconds, the LCD will show the version number. However, if the version number is not displayed on the LCD, the current firmware is not up to date, and it is considered the indication to update the software.
How To Connect A Green Mountain Grill With Mobile Phone
If you dont have a Wifi connection or it doesnt reach your Green Mountain grill, youll need to figure out how to connect a Green Mountain grill to Wifi locally rather than using your home Wifi connection.
Luckily the Green Mountain grill can be connected to via local Wifi that is just point-to-point between your grill and your mobile phone.
This doesnt give the same range as traditional Wifi, but it still gives you full control over the grill to turn it on, adjust temperature ranges, and perform everything else through the mobile app.
1.Download the Green Mountain Grill app from the Apple Store or Google Play store.
2. Power up the control panel on your Green Mountain Grill.
3. Get your Green Mountain grill password, which is the serial number located on the back of your grill, most likely on a green sticker.
4. Using your phone, connect to the GMG wifi network.
5. Open the Green Mountain Grill App.
6. Click Connect in the app.
7. Test that the app can control the Green Mountain Grill by turning it on from the app.
Anybody within range of your Green Mountain grill can connect to it using a mobile phone as long as they have the password to the local Wifi network, which is the serial number located on the back of the grill.
The benefit of connecting locally is that you can create profiles for different people for their own grilling needs and even create profiles for the items you want to cook.
Don’t Miss: What Pellet Grills Are Made In The Usa
Important Info For Freight Orders
Freight orders are orders that are either too heavy or too large dimensionally for normal FedEx/UPS shipment. All freight shipments will require access for a semi-truck and trailer to deliver. If this is a concern in your area, your please contact our customer service team and we will be glad to discuss this with the freight company before the item is purchased.
What to Expect with Freight Orders
Please visit our Shipping & Delivery page for more information on normal and freight order purchases.
Beeping Low Pellet Alarm
A constantly beeping alarm could be a sign that the pellet level has fallen beneath the sensor. Refilling the pellets usually does the trick. If not, you can try unplugging the grill, then disconnecting and reconnecting the alarm. When these steps dont work, it means the alarm is broken.
Tip: The low pellet alarm is just a secondary feature. If its beeping all the time, you can disable it and continue cooking as usual.
Also Check: How To Clean Grease Trap On Grill