Tips For The Best Grilled Pork Chop Recipe
- Get the grill nice and hot. Similar to pork tenderloin, pork chops are a lean meat, so they stay juiciest when cooked quickly over medium-high or high heat.
- The total grilling time will vary depending on a number of different factors, such as the temperature of your grill, the temperature of your chops when they go on the grill, and the size and thickness of your meat. As a result, its always best to use a meat thermometer to know exactly when your pork is done. Youre looking for an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Allow the meat to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. The juices will redistribute throughout the meat so that the pork chops stay nice and juicy.
- Health Benefits of Pork Chops: Grilling pork chops can be a healthy way to prepare this lean cut of meat. Pork chops have 24 grams of protein in a 3-ounce portion and offers a good source of zinc. A 6-ounce grilled pork chop seasoned with olive oil and all-purpose seasoning has about 250 calories, 13 grams of fat, zero carbohydrates, and 31 grams of protein. This is a Keto-friendly and low-carb option.
Dont Miss: How Long To Cook Steak On Pellet Grill
Faqs For Tender Grilled Pork Chops
What thickness do you use for your chops?
I usually use 1/2- to 1-inch thick
What temperature do you use on the grill?
I set my pellet grill to 375 for medium heat.
How do you freeze this ahead of time?
I marinate them and then put them in the freezer. I pull them out in time to defrost in the refrigerator and then put them on the grill when they are defrosted.
What Are Pork Chops
Pork chops are the pork equivalent of beef steaks and come from the same part of the animal the loin of the pig. Pork loin runs from the hip to the shoulder. Pork chops can be broken down into shoulder chops, rib chops, loin chops, and sirloin chops.
Why boneless? With the bone removed, pork chops are much lower in fat. As well as healthier, this makes them much easier to trim and prepare and much quicker to cook. With the bone left in, smoked pork chops make better use of the rich fat content through low and slow cooking.
Dont Miss: Don Juans Mexican Grill
Also Check: What Is Best Bbq Grill
Drunken Stove Top Pork Chops
Wine isnt just good poured in a tall glass after a long day at work, its also delicious in cooking!
With a cooking time of 1 hour this recipe is a little time-consuming, but we promise you, its totally worth it! A long, slow cooking time means more tenderness- and who doesnt want that?
Drunken stove top pork chops feature numerous delectable ingredients including onion, garlic, beef broth, tomato paste and yes, red wine. And despite what the name of this dish indicates, we can confidently say this recipe is also kid-friendly!
Grab your skillet because this savory delight will be the talk of the party!
Total Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Does The Marinade Need Soy Sauce
If you are concerned if adding soy sauce to your marinade will make it taste like Asian food, it wont. We never skip adding soy sauce to this marinade recipe. It acts as a brine to your pork chops.
Adding soy sauce helps pull in tons of flavor to the pork chops. It also helps keep the pork chops extra juicy.
Read Also: Char-broil Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal Smoker And Grill Reviews
Easy Grilled Pork Chops With Savory Marinade
Published: · Modified: Aug 13, 2020 by Jamie · As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links ·
These easy grilled pork chops are marinated then cooked on the grill until perfectly charred! Juicy and succulent thanks to a delicious, savory marinade!
These easy grilled pork chops are juicy, succulent, and full of savory flavor! They’re marinated in a delicious spice blend then grilled until perfectly charred.
How To Cook The Pork Chops
I almost always grill these pork chops. They turn out perfect every time .
You can try throwing them in an air fryer, pan fry them, or cook in the oven on broil.
The key is to cook them just until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F at the thickest part. Remove them from the heat, tent with foil, and let them rest 10 minutes before serving.
These pork chops are so delicious they force me to grill rain, snow or shine. We enjoy them year round!
And they are the perfect dish to serve to company. Talk about a simple show stopper!
With hundreds of five-star reviews, their popularity is deserved!
Here are a few rave reviews from people other than myself:
Michelle: Amazing! Best pork Ive made in really long time and will be my go to! Thank you so much!
Barbara: Best pork chops. I have used this recipe many times and it is the only way I will make them. Previously my husband refused to have pork chops now he asks for them
Dawn Jean: I made this tonight on some pork tenderloin, I promised my husband that if it was dry that I would never make pork on the grill againIll be making this again, it was delicious!
Erika: Spot on. Would not change one thing. Still tender with so much great flavor knowing my hubby eats everything well done. Will be making this every week but taking mine off sooner. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
Also Check: How Do You Grill Chicken
Grilled Pork Chops Marinade
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy here.
Grilled Pork Chops Marinade is hands down the best marinade for pork chops. It takes the bland pork chop to a whole new level of flavor.
Grilled Pork Chops Marinade is hands down the best marinade for pork chops. It takes the bland pork chop to a whole new level of flavor.
Grilled Pork Chops Marinade is wonder because its so flavorful, you only need to marinate the chops for 30 minutes or so. You can let them go longer, if you want to, but you certainly dont have to.
This recipe is just one of the best grill recipes, found here.
MORE PORK RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Get our best easy recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Can You Freeze Marinated Pork Chops
This pork chop marinade is seriously so perfect for freezing! Instead of marinating your pork for the recommended 12-24 hours, place the plastic bag right into the freezer. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Before cooking, let the pork chops thaw completely and then follow your favorite cooking method.
More of our Favorite
Also Check: How To Cook Kabobs On The Grill
Ingredients For Pork Chop Marinade
This really is the best pork chop marinade. Its actually also our favorite grilled pork chop marinade because the ends results are just mouthwatering!
- Soy sauce: youll notice that salt is not included in the ingredient list and thats because the majority comes from soy sauce! Feel free to swap for tamari.
- Brown sugar: brown sugar gives this sweet and salty marinade the sweetness. Any kind works.
- Worcestershire sauce: I love Worcestershire sauce in marinades because its tangy and savory.
- Garlic: the garlic in this really pulls the marinade together.
- Lemon: a little bit of citrus is truly the cherry on top!
What is the secret ingredient to this pork chop marinade? Worcestershire sauce is definitely the secret ingredient. It adds a bit of tang, savoriness, and so much flavor.
What Are The Advantages Of Electric Grills
One reason why electric grills gained popularity is because of their convenience. Electric grills do not need charcoal, firewood, or gas. What it needs is a power outlet and electricity. This means that it is very easy to use and relatively more convenient than traditional grills.
And since electric grills have become popular these days, some of its manufacturers added several features that make it more interesting. Here are more reasons why you should consider using electric grills:
Don’t Miss: What Kind Of Grill To Buy
Perfect Pork Chop Marinade
The best pork chop marinade recipe makes your pork chops extra juicy and flavorful. Mine is a mix of olive oil, soy sauce, spicy brown mustard and more, with a touch of hot sauce for a bit of zing. Perfect for grilling, baking, broiling, however you want to cook your pork chops! And just look at that awesome crust.
Do you like pork chops? I do. I enjoy mine grilled or seared on the outside with a nice and juicy inside, and a good level of seasoning.
I’ll cook them up in different ways – on the grill, in the broiler, baked in the oven, seared in a pan – and no matter how they are cooked, the best way to get that awesome flavor AND that wonderful juicy tenderness is with a good marinade.
The best pork chop marinade makes your chops extra juicy and flavorful. That’s exactly what I have here for you, my friends. I’ve been experimenting with different marinades for different cuts of meat, and today I’m bringing you my favorite pork chop marinade recipe.
It’s filled with a mixture of soy sauce, spicy brown mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, along with brown sugar, seasonings, lots of fresh garlic, and, an extra awesome ingredient – HOT SAUCE! It adds just a touch of zing, so much better than anything from the grocery store.
This marinade is perfect for grilling, baking, broiling, however you want to cook your pork chops. Notice the wonderful crust on the chops when you’re done, absolutely amazing.
How Long To Marinate Pork Chops
When it comes to this easy pork chop marinade, the longer the better in reference to marination time!
We recommend marinating your pork chops for 12-24 hours. However, if youre short on time, anywhere from 2-4 hours will work.
Trust us when we say the longer the better. Your pork chops will become so juicy and flavorful the longer they sit,
Don’t Miss: How To Set Up Traeger Grill
Grilled Pork Chop Marinade
If you are tired of chicken, give this tasty pork chops recipe a try. Each bite is so tender and anything but bland. The marinade is amazing and the meat is perfectly cooked.
This recipe might just turn you into a fan of pork chops if you arent already. It is pretty amazing.
With just a few ingredients that you probably already have, pork gets a burst of flavor. It is so delicious and a real crowd pleaser.
While we prefer to marinade overnight, you can for as little as 30 minutes. This makes it super easy to prepare on those busy nights you forgot to the night before.
The sweetness from the brown sugar and the tanginess from the Worcestershire sauce and seasonings combine for the best meal.
How Long To Grill Thin Cut Pork Chops
- 1. Brinerate the pork chops: In a small bowl, whisk together the brinerade ingredients until fully blended.
- Place the pork chops in a large mixing bowl or baking dish, set aside 2 tablespoons of the brinerade, and pour the remaining brinerade over the chops. Allow the pork chops to rest while the grill warms up, flipping them a few times to uniformly coat them in the marinade.
- 2. Preheat the grill and set it to direct medium heat: Preheat the grill and then set it to direct medium heat for grilling. I preheat my Weber Summit for 10 minutes on high, then brush the grill gratees clean before turning the burners down to medium.
- 3. Cook the chops: Flip the chops in the baking dish one more time to coat them in the brinerade, then grill them over direct medium heat. Grill the chops until they have a good crosshatch of cook markings on the bottom, approximately 2 minutes, then rotate them 90 degrees and grill until they have a good crosshatch of grill marks on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer. The chops should be cooked through at this stage on the side that has been facing up the entire time, they should have gone from pink to white. Take them off the grill.
- 4. Glaze and serve: Transfer the chops to a dish and drizzle with the leftover brinerade. Allow for five minutes of rest before serving.
Also Check: How To Keep Rats Out Of Grill
Killer Grilled Pork Chop Marinade
May 17, 2020 by victor
I never thought Id taste another marinade worthy of the killer status that I awarded to my hugely popular chicken thigh marinade, but here it is. Its so good that I called it killer grilled pork chop marinade. It deserves it.
There are dozens of very good grilled pork chop marinades but this one really stands out. There is something about it that makes the taste very special. Perhaps its the perfect balance of sweet, pungent, savory, salty and tangy notes. Or the Asian-inspired flavors that are bold and big.
Using dark soy sauce is key in this recipe. Dark soy sauce has a deeper color, flavor and more body. Its less salty and can be used in relatively greater quantities. Its perfect for grilling. You can get it from most grocery stores or from .
Pork chops made with this marinade are out of bounds. There is plenty of flavor in every bite. This is the kind of a pork chop you just want to keep eating.
If pressed for time, you can easily get away with 30 minutes of marination time and still get a pretty tasty chop. But if you let the meat marinate at least overnight, you will be rewarded with mind-blowingly intense, deep and complex flavors, and tender and juicy meat. What I do is I marinate pork chops the night before, at my convenience, then grill the next day whenever I am ready. Its very easy.
Cooking Pork Chops On A Frying Pan
Read Also: How Do You Grill Corn On The Cob
Tips For Pork Chop Marinade
- This marinade can be made up to 3 days before you plan to use it. Simply store the marinade in the fridge until youre ready to add your pork.
- You can really use any cut of pork for this marinade such as bone in pork chops, boneless pork chops, pork loin or pork tenderloin.
- This marinade contains sugar which adds great flavor, but can easily burn on the grill. Make sure your grill is not too hot before you add your meat!
Make Your Own Easy + Delicious Pork Chop Marinade
We received a Vacuvita® One Touch Food Storage System in exchange for creating this recipe. The opinions and ideas are 100% mine.
You are going to love our easy recipe for this Grilled Pork Chop Marinade. This marinade flavors every single bite of juicy, grilled pork. A little smoky, a little sweet, and a lot delicious, this is an all-around great marinade you will want to use again and again.
You May Like: Where To Buy Weber Grill Replacement Parts
How Should I Marinade Pork Chops
After a hour the pork chops will already benefit from the marinating. I prefer to let them marinate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours to get the most out of the marinade!
I love throwing my pork chops in the marinade so when I come home they are ready to go and I can have dinner in about ten minutes!
How To Marinate Pork Chops:
- Get out a large ziplock bag. Place all the ingredients except for the pork chops in a large zip lock bag. Seal the bag and shake to thoroughly combine the ingredients. Make sure it is all over the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in the bag. Marinade for at least 30 minutes but you can marinate over night as well.
- Remove from the fridge. Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator 20 minutes prior to cooking them.
You May Like: Who Sells Pit Boss Grills
How Long Do You Marinate Pork
- In kind of science-y terms, this is an acidic marinade, meaning that the acidity of the lemon juice will help tenderize or relax the proteins in the pork. These kinds of marinades act fairly swiftly, so the sweet spot is overnight to make the chops perfectly tender and infused with flavor. After that, you’re actually not going to get any extra benefit in terms of texture or taste. The marinade’s work is done!
- At a minimum, I would suggest 1-2 hours if you’re in a rush, but prepping it before bed and letting it marinate for at least 8 hours in the fridge adds so much more flavor and gives it the best texture. I wouldn’t go longer than 24 hours, or you’ll get diminishing returns.