Trick For Perfectly Cooked Pork Chops
- Pork is considered safe to eat at 145 degrees F. Its internal temperature will continue to rise as the pork rests, however, so if you wait until your pork chop hits 145 on the grill, it will be overcooked by the time you eat it.
- I prefer to pull pork from the grill when it reaches 135 degrees F, covering it, and letting it rest for 10 minutes to let the carry over cooking finish the job and the meats juices to reincorporate. This method yields perfectly cooked, juicy pork every time!
How To Grill Moist Tender Pork Chops
- Copy Link
I used to avoid barbecuing pork chopsthey always ended up dry, overcooked, and blah. To compensate, Id slather them with sugary barbecue sauce, which meant all I tasted was the sauce. I may as well have grilled up a nice piece of cardboard. But over the years, Ive improved my pork chops, so now theyre tender and juicy and dont need to be covered up. Here are some tips:
1. Start with better chops. Thin, fast-fry chops cook so quickly that the inside is overdone long before the outside gets any colour. Thicker chopsat least an inchgrill better and stay moister. As you would with steak, look for chops that have generous marbling, the thin streaks of fat that will help keep the meat succulent and flavourful. A marbled chop is sometimes hard to find. Pigs have been bred to be so lean, and were so used to seeing pork with little fat, thats often all you can find at the grocery store. But even at my local Food Basics , I found this decently marbled chop:
Make a basic brine by dissolving 1/4 cup each of salt and sugar in 4 cups water. If you like, boil the water and steep a bunch of thyme, rosemary, savory, or another aromatic herb, or garlic, or other flavourings in the brine. Once the brine has cooled, marinate the chops for three hours or so. If you brine, dont salt the meat.
If you use a thermometer to check your chops remember to insert the probe in from the edge, and dont let the tip touch the bone.
Seasoning The Perfect Pork Chop
Preheat the grill. If you are using a charcoal grill, light the charcoal. If you are using gas, light up at least two burners on high and allow the grill to preheat for 10 minutes. If possible, keep one portion of the grill cool so you can move the pork chops if there is a flare-up during cooking.;
The brine has enhanced the pork chops and lightly flavored them. The spice rub will add additional flavors. It’s best to use a fine grind of seasoning; large chunks of herbs will fall off during grilling. There is no need to include salt in the rub, but black pepper is highly recommended.;
Combine all ingredients, mix completely, and apply the rub evenly over both sides of the pork chops.
Read Also: How Do I Cook Pork Chops On The Grill
Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
Pork chops have long been known as a working mans meal. Theyre economical, lean and healthy, and quick to cook. They also have a history of coming to the dinner table dry and withery as shoe leather.
But no more! Today is the day to banish that belief because tough, dried out pork chops are about to be expelled from your vocabulary.
My husband has made these simple grilled pork chops so many times hes figured out the secrets. Whether bone-in or boneless, these pork chops turn out tender, juicy, a little bit smokey, and far from any mode of foot fashion.
Even better, these grilled pork chops dont need a marinade or a brine, so they go from package to grill to dinner in 30 minutes.
Heres how to make perfectly juicy grilled pork chops every time.
How To Grill Pork Chops : Overview
Whether its the summer grilling season and you need to add some variety to your weekly backyard barbecue or you want something hearty and full of flavor to pair with your winter squash, grilled pork chops are the ideal and often forgotten meat.
The key, however, is knowing exactly what goes into grilling the perfect juicy pork chop. Weve all had the disappointing chewy, dry, and overcooked pork chop. Taking a few simple steps will ensure you have perfectly cooked juicy pork chops.
Also Check: How To Grill Boneless Chicken Breast
Keep The Pork Chops From Sticking
Pork chops are notorious for sticking to the grill if not prepared properly. This involves not only the chops themselves but also your grill. Before cooking anything, its important to make sure your grill is clean and free of any leftover bits of food from your last cook. Bits of food like this can quickly burn and cause the meat youre cooking now to stick to the grates.
Also, coat the pork chops with a light layer of oil on both sides to help prevent them from sticking. This is a good time to season the chops with whatever seasoning or rub you want to use. The oil will help the seasoning stick to the chops.
How To Flavor Grilled Pork Chops For Grilling
There are two main ways that you can flavor pork chops for grilling > marinades or dry rubs.
: a marinade is like a flavor bath for your pork. It infuses the meat with delicious flavors and leaves your pork extra juicy. In this recipe, were using our go-to pork chop marinade .
Dry Rubs: dry rubs are a great way to add amazing texture to the outside along with intense flavor. If youd rather use a dry rub for this recipe, we recommend our Pork Rub. Its sweet, savory, and a little smokey.
You May Like: What To Use To Clean Stainless Steel Grill
Why You’ll Love These Grilled Pork Chops
- BBQ pork chops that are JUICY are easy to fall in love with.
- The wet spice rub is delicious and perfectly compliments the grilled chops.
- This recipe is a summer-friendly version of my crazy popular Juicy Baked Pork Chops. If you like that one then you’ll love this one, too.
- Unlike many pork recipes, this one is 100% sugar-free. That’s right, my friends. This is a healthy pork chop recipe.
- These chops are so tasty that all you need to make them a meal is a simple side salad. Give it up for easy summer dinners!
Remove The Meat From The Grill
Once the pork chops have cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, they’re ready to be removed. Use tongs to transfer them to the clean plate or cutting board, and cover them with foil to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides, and don’t plan on having any leftoversthese chops will be good to the last bite.
Pro Tip: If you’re pressed for time, or if you just can’t find suitable center-cut bone-in rib chops for your gathering, go ahead and substitute boneless chops instead. These will only need to be cooked for 2 minutes per side over the medium-hot coals, and removed to the lower heat to cook, covered, for 5 minutes more. Be careful not to overcook themthese chops will get unappealingly dry and tough if the internal temperature rises over 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Recommended Reading: How To Grill Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Just A Great Pork Chop Marinade
You know when something hits the pan and it smells so great than even if its the first time youve made that recipe, you know its going to be a winner?;This is one of those.
Plus, the added bonus is that there is a very good chance;that all the ingredients are already in your pantry. Checklist:
Worcestershire Sauce .
Whats In A Pork Brine
This Grilled Pork Chops brine uses just a few pantry friendly ingredients but works magic! A basic brine ratio is;¼ cup of kosher salt per 4 cups of water. ;It also includes:
- ice cubes:;;warm water is needed to dissolve the kosher salt in the brine; the ice cubes bring the water back down to room temperature so its not too warm for the meat.
- sugar:; to add flavor and aid in browning via the Maillard reaction.
- vinegar: ;helps break down protein bonds which tenderize the meat.
You can also add garlic and fresh herbs but this isnt necessary for this recipe because the pork will be spice rubbed. ;
benefits of brining pork chops;;;
- creates juicier pork;by hydrating the cells
- tenderizes the pork;by breaking down muscle fibers
- creates more flavorful pork;because the broken down muscle fibers better re-absorb juices
- locks in moisture;so the lean pork chops stay juicy
Read Also: How To Clean Flavorizer Bars
Pan Fried Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 tsp oil ;
- 2 pork chops
Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
Have you grilled pork chops before? They are FABULOUS, easy and simple for grilling any day of the week and a delicious way to mix up the usual routine. Pork chops are also budget friendly and can emerge as flavorful and as juicy as a anything when done right-and this recipe is done right. These Grilled Pork Chops are melt-in-your-mouth tender, juicy with complex sweet, savory, smoky, spicy notes with a saucy, caramelized finish. I guarantee they will become a dinner time staple for all your busy days.
Visit pork.org;for more pork cooking ideas and inspiration!
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Pork Tenderloin On The Grill
For The Juiciest Tastiest Chops Make A Pan Sauce
While the chops rest off of the heat, add chicken stock, a little bit of apple cider vinegar and some honey to the skillet. Bring everything to a simmer then reduce by about half. When it has reduced, slide the pan away from the heat and swirl in some butter.
Grab your chops and place them back into the skillet. You can add them whole or sliced. We love adding them sliced since the pan sauce gets all over the meat.
And thats it, our no-fail method for cooking juicy and tender pork chops.
Best Grilled Pork Chop Marinade
The spices you’ll need are:
To make the marinade, you mix the spices with some oil and apple cider vinegar until a paste forms. The vinegar tenderizes the meat and the wet rub helps prevent the chops from drying out on the grill. It’s the perfect grilled pork chop marinade.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Natural Gas Grill
How To Grill Pork Chops
Pork chops are better than steak.
We can hear the shock already.
But there’s plenty of reasons why pork wins the battle. It’s healthier and cheaper than the good ol’ bloody red.
Now, before you pick up your pitchforks, why not grab your dinner fork and have yourself a juicy, delicious grilled pork chop?;Our experts will walk you through the recipe!
Tips For Grilled Pork Chops
- When selecting a pork chop to grill, look for ones with the bone in. Bone in pork chops tend to have better flavor when grilling and the bone helps add moisture.
- To keep pork chops moist on the grill, try this;All-Purpose Marinade.
- For extra flavor, try using apple or cherry wood chunks to add a fruity, smoky flavor that compliments pork well.; This BBQ Rub is also packed with flavor and tastes delicious on pork.
- The best way to determine if your pork chops are done on the grill;is to use a digital cooking thermometer or meat probe. The safe internal temperature of pork chops is 145°F.
Don’t Miss: How To Grill Skinless Salmon On A Gas Grill
How To: Pork Chops
- When it’s Done:145°F for medium
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Glaze or marinade
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
If youve ever wondered how to season, prep, brine and grill a perfectly tender pork chop, youve come to the right place. Master these seven simple steps and youll be able to fire up the best chops on the block, with Kingsford® Charcoal.
Keep The Seasonings Simple
With just a few ingredients, this recipe lets you put together a top-notch dish that can be used for an easy weekday meal or for any special occasion when you want to break out the big guns in the kitchen but don’t have a lot of time.;
Salt, pepper, and garlic are the only spices you need to take these chops over the top. Toss together the spices in a bowl and give them a quick mix. You want to make sure you cover your chops liberally with the rub, as they are thicker cuts and can take it. If you have any rub left over, sprinkle it on your veggies or any sides that you have prepared.
You May Like: Does Churches Have Grilled Chicken
Grilled Pork Chop Variations
While this recipe is delicious as-is, you can add other ingredients to customize it to your tastes.
- Spicy: You can add crushed red pepper flakes to this marinade. I typically add 1/4 teaspoon, but you can add more than that if you like.
- Asian: Try a blend of olive oil, toasted sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic for the marinade.
- Mexican: You can marinate the chops in a blend of olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and onion powder. Add a sprinkle of cilantro before serving for maximum flavor.
Grill Over Direct Medium Heat
No need to break out the smoker or set aside an entire day to cook this meal. After you have seasoned your chops, get your grill set up for direct medium heat . Direct heat lets you cook your meat faster and it also gives you a nice char on the chops. Cooking these thicker chops between 350°-450°F allows for an even cook, rather than at a super high heat that may cause them to burn before they reach the desired internal temperature.
You May Like: What Temperature To Grill Pork Chops
How Do You Make Grilled Pork Chops
To grill pork chops, first make a marinade by whisking together olive oil, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, lemon zest, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl. Place your pork chops in the bowl and let them marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Preheat a grill to medium heat. Place the pork on the grill and listen for that satisfying sizzle. Grill the chops until golden brown and cooked through. Add a sprinkle of parsley and youll be ready to eat!
Which Is Better For Grilling Thick
I tested both thick-cut and regular cut pork chops on the grill, and the thick-cut were the clear winner. When you see the thick-cut chops in the meat case, at about 1 1/2 inches tall, youll think they look too thick. But the thickness is perfect for grilling because they cook at a gentler pace, whereas regular pork chops cook incredibly fast and are very easy to overcook on the grill, leaving them irreversibly dry and tough.
Recommended Reading: What Temperature To Grill Pork Chops
More About Tomahawk Pork Chops On The Grill Recipes
TOMAHAWK PORK CHOPS RECIPE – OVER THE FIRE COOKING
FromEstimated Reading Time
- When the pork chops are at room temperature, lather in mustard to help the other spices stick. Season the pork chops additionally with all the spices above. Add some tin foil to the bone of the meat if you do not want it to burn.
- Use some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal to light fire and let burn for 10-15 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, disperse over grill evenly for direct grilling.
- Place pork chops on top and let cook for 10 min per side or until internal temperature is 170F. Once cooked, dust it off and place on a cutting board to rest for 2 minutes.
TOMAHAWK PORK CHOPS WITH HONEY GARLIC SAUCE | THE ENDLESS …
- Mix the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl then sprinkle the spices evenly over both sides of the tomahawk pork chops.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and honey to the pan and bring to a boil. Let the sauce boil for 2 minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- When your oven is hot, add the pork chops to the grill pan. Cook the pork chops for 15 minutes. Turn the chops over then baste them with some of the honey garlic sauce.
GRILLED TOMAHAWK PORK CHOPS – JO COOKS
FromEstimated Reading Time
TOMAHAWK PORK CHOPS – REVERSE SEARED – VINDULGE
FromFromFromEstimated Reading TimeFrom