Why Are Natural Gas Grills More Expensive
Most natural gas grills end up being $50-100 more expensive than a similar propane grill without any additional features. The reason for this is relatively simple.
In order to connect to a household natural gas supply, most natural gas grills come with a longer gas hose and a quick-disconnect system.
The longer gas pipe and the brass quick-disconnect connect fittings are what add that little extra bump of cost to your natural gas grill.
Best Budget Natural Gas Grill Weber Spirit E
Natural gas grills are far from wallet-friendly, but the Weber Spirit E-310 manages to combine a decent range of features with good build quality to make it our pick for best budget natural gas grill.
The E-310 is the smallest of the grills on our list, with a total cooking area of 529 square inches, which combines 424 square inches of primary cooking area with a 105 square inch warming rack.
Three stainless steel burners provide 32,000 BTUs of heat, which, combined with the cooking space, is perfect for hosting a standard BBQ or everyday family grilling, but is probably going to be a little small for a grand cookout.
The cast-iron cooking grates are porcelain-enameled for corrosion resistance and to make them non-stick. The lid and cook box are also porcelain-enameled to make them equally corrosion resistant.
The E-310 doesnt have a vast amount of features, but it does have two side tables, six tool hooks, a below grill cabinet, and an easy-to-clean grease management system.
What we like:
- The total cooking area of 529 square inches and 32,000 BTUs of heat is more than enough to handle standard family cooking.
- The cook box, grill plates, and lid are all porcelain-enameled.
- The E-310 has a grease management system for easier cleanup.
What we dont like:
- The E-310 is a little on the small side if you are looking to cater for significant events regularly.
- Not all of the E-310 is made of stainless steel, some of it is just painted steel.
Our Favorite Natural Gas Grills For 2022
Weve trimmed the fat to give you five recommendations based on overall quality, budget, and having a built-in option.
Weve chosen the Weber s Genesis II as our best overall natural gas grill because of its outstanding combination of fantastic features and excellent build quality.
The four high-performance burners mounted on the E-435, in combination with the side burner and searing station, deliver a total of 69,000 BTUs of heat.
Theres also a more budget-friendly E-335 version of the Genesis II that comes with three burners at a reduced cost.
To use that massive amount of heat to its best advantage, the E-435 comes with porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates to provide both superior heat retention and easier cleanup. The after-grilling clean-down is also made easier by Weber s grease management system.
The E-435 has up to 844 square inches of cooking surface, more than enough to cook a familys worth of food. This includes the fold-out warming rack to let you cook in stages without food going cold.
Assembling the Genesis II is an easy task made all the more simple by the 3D interactive assembly instructions available through the free BILT app. Weber s 10-year warranty covers the whole package.
What we like:
- With a combined output of 69,000 BTUs and 844 square inches of cooking surface, the E-435 has both the power and space to cook up a tremendous amount of food.
- The porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates have great heat retention and are non-stick.
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Weber Stainless Steel Grill Grates
Runner Up Napoleon Prestige 500 Natural Gas Grill
The Napoleon Prestige 500 comes in a close second on our list to the Genesis II E-435. The two grills are comparable in quality, but the Prestige 500 has a slightly different set of features that are less universally useful than those on the E-435
The Prestige 500 has four stainless steel tube burners that provide up to 48,000 BTUs of heat and 500 square inches of cooking surface supplemented by a 260 square inch warming area.
The stainless steel wave cooking grids allow for excellent heat retention and add in sear lines. Under the cooking grids are a set of stainless steel sear plates that help to vaporize drippings. This adds to the moistness of the food and helps to control flare-ups.
In terms of features, the 14,000 BTU infrared side burner for searing and an 18,000 BTU rear infrared burner. The rear burner can also be converted into a rotisserie, which, while nice, probably wont see consistent use.
The hood of the Prestige 500 comes with an Accu-Probe temperature gauge, and one of the main selling points for the grill is that the controls are internally lit and turn from blue to red when a burner is in use. This makes it both easier and safer to use in low light conditions.
What we like:
- Much like the E-435, the Prestige 500s 48,000 BTUs of heat and 500 square inches of cooking surface means it is capable of catering for even the most well-attended cookout.
- The addition of stainless steel sear plates helps to vaporize drippings and control. flare-ups
Propane Vs Natural Gas Yes There Is A Difference
But its not the difference that you think
Its called convenience! If you have natural gas in your home coming from city pipes, you can absolutely tap into this convenient resource to fuel your backyard gas grill.
Is it any different than grilling with traditional propane tanks? Nope, not when you purchase and install a gas grill specifically configured for natural gas.
Heres what you need to know.
Don’t Miss: How Long Is Traeger Shut Down Cycle
Weber 44010001 Spirit Ii S210 Gas Grill
- Company: Weber
- Gas Type: Liquid Propane Gas
- Rating: 4.4 / 5 stars
- Price: $
This is a smaller grill, and perfect for those who are looking for a simple grill that performs consistently well. Its about half the size of the above grill , and has SS 2 burners for you to control the heat.
Although its small, its still built of top quality materials and has the sleek and stylish look that will add elegance to your back patio. Its currently the Amazons Choice product for Weber Grill Propane Gas meaning they consider it an excellent product thats exceptionally priced and able to ship immediately.
Some of the things youll love about this grill:
- You can fold down the side prep tables to minimize your grills footprint if needed .
- It can reach temperatures of 500-550 degrees Fahrenheit and yet the handle doesnt get unbearably hot!
- It is made from porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and has porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars that convert drippings into flavorizing smoke and protect your burners.
- It has a built in center mounted thermometer to help you perfect your grilling
- There are 6 utensil hooks built into the sides of the prep tables that help you keep your grilling area organized and clean.
- 4 heavy duty castors allow you to move your grill with ease.
This is one of the lower budget gas grills that we are pretty impressed with, as you get top Weber quality in a compact size. Want to see more about it?
Benefits Of A Natural Gas Grill
During grilling season, youll hear many theories about what makes for the best backyard cooking. Youll hear about techniques for the tastiest marinade, what temperature works best for which meat, when to flip and how to power your grill. There are better options out there if you have been relying on propane fuel. A natural gas grill is definitely worth a review if you are interested in more affordable and greener solutions. Here are five ways it makes sense for Stockbridge homeowners.
1.Natural GasIs Cheaper Than Propane.
The switch from propane to natural gas grilling will bring you instant savings. Depending on your Georgia gas supplier, you may end up paying one-third less for natural gas than you would for propane. Use the calculators listed on your gas company website for the exact figure. Nearly every town in the Atlanta area offers savings on this fuel.
2. LessExhaust Makes Parties More Enjoyable.
When you grill with natural gas, there are fewer fumes streaming into your backyard during the cooking process. That means your cookouts will be easier on the senses, allowing guests to enjoy the aroma of the food rather than an overwhelming amount of smoke from the grill. Excess fumes are even more unpleasant when the weather is humid. With natural gas, this isnt a worry.
3. A NaturalGas GrillConnects Right to YourHome Supply.
4. Lighter Emissions Means Greener Grilling.
5. Setup Is Not Complicated.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Pork Loin On Grill
Best Grills: Bells And Whistles
If youre investing in a higher-end gas grill, Anderson appreciates the added perk of rotisseries, which he said are a must for the best tasting grilled chicken the rotating grill cage bastes the meat in its own juices. Otherwise, youll find options like built-in lights for night cooking, side burners, ceramic infrared burners, warming doors for finished foods, porcelain coating, searing stations, smart connectivity and easy-packing features.
A Convenient Way To Grill And Sear Food
Camryn Rabideau is a freelance writer and product reviewer. She’s an expert on all things home, including kitchen appliances, grills, and other cooking gadgets.
Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the bestproducts youcan learn more about ourreview process here.We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
The Spruce Eats / Photo Illustration by Chloe Jeong / Retailers below
If your home is connected to a natural gas line, you may be able to use the fuel to power a grill. There are numerous benefits to having a natural gas grillfor instance, natural gas is often cheaper than liquid propane, and you won’t have to worry about running out of fuel mid-barbecue!
When looking at different grills, you’ll want to check if the models are designed for natural gas or at least include a brand-approved conversion kit. It’s also helpful to figure out how long a hose you’ll need to hook the grill up to your home’s natural gas line.
The following are the best natural gas grills for your home.
Even heating surface and few flare-ups
Quality construction and sleek, compact design
Compatible with Webers iGrill 3
Grease management system for easy clean-up
The Spruce / Angelica Leicht
“This grill got extremely hot extremely quickly. Were talking just a few minutes to get up to 500 degrees.” Angelica Leicht, Product Reviewer
Read Also: Converting A Propane Grill To Natural Gas
Weber 54060001 Q2200 Grill
- Company: Weber
- Rating: 4.7 / 5 stars
- Price: $
Are you looking for a gas grill you can take with you to the beach, camping, picnics, or pretty much anywhere? This portable gas grill is one of the best ones out there right now. With a compact shape but decent size grill area, fold up sturdy size shelves, and ergonomic handles, youll love taking this one with you on the go!
The Q2200 is one of the Q series of Webers they look similar to each other in shape and style. The differences are in the size of the grilling area, the BTUs, and a few small extra bonus features that some have, and others dont.
This particular grill is our top pick in the Q series as it combines a nice size with great power . It also has awesome ratings and reviews!
Lets take a look at what youd be getting:
- A fully assembled grill right out of the box! All you need to do is attach a 14.1 or 16.4 oz LP cylinder , flick the electronic ignition system, and let it heat up!
- A handy thermometer built right into the lid so you can better avoid under or over-cooked food
- The grates are split down the middle so if youd like, you can order a Q2000 compatible griddle grate and use your grill as a griddle as well!
- Its made of serious grill materials: porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body its no cheap-o portable grill that will only last you one summer!
Are Natural Gas Grills Safe
For the most part, a natural gas grill comes with all the same health and safety risks as a propane grill, with most of the hazards being heat-based. However, since a natural gas grill is connected to your home supply, there is a very small chance that things can go spectacularly wrong if you dont take the proper precautions.
If you have, or are thinking about getting, a natural gas grill, here are some simple safety tips that you can use to minimize any potential risk:
- Make sure you have two gas shut off valves, one near the grill and one near the house. This means that, in the event of a fire, the gas can be shut off without getting near the grill.
- As with any gas grill, never close the lid when you are trying to light it.
- Keep your grill as clean as possible. Removing grease buildup from your grill can help to prevent fires and flare-ups.
- When siting your natural gas grill, make sure to position the grill well away from your house any deck railings or awnings, and out from under eaves. Dont underestimate how hot the air above your grill can become.
- Always remember to turn off both shut-off valves for the gas the moment that you are done with cooking.
Also Check: Macaroni Grill Closing Locations
Choosing The Right Weber Gas Grill
Natural gas is a great option for a backyard grill. Use these helpful tips to find the right Weber natural gas grill for your space and cooking needs:
- Consider the surface area. Small Weber gas grills save space in your yard and work well to feed one, two or a small family. Grills with more than 400 square inches give you more surface area to feed a big group or cook multiple items at once.
- Go for a grill with multiple burner zones. You’ll get more control over your heat, allowing you to cook thick cuts of meat and tender veggies at the same time.
- Choose a grill with side burners or side tables. Warm up sauces, make side dishes and keep freshly-seared meats warm with a natural gas grill featuring versatile side burners. Grills that include side tables help you prep your favorite recipes by allowing you to keep essentials like salts, seasonings, spatulas and brushes close at hand.
- Pick a grill with built-in storage. Storage shelves underneath the grill help ensure your essentials are always easily accessible. Keep heavy-duty grill pans, brushes and accessories on these storage areas to have everything you need in one spot.
Take your backyard grill game to the next level with a quality Weber natural gas grill from Ace Hardware. Shop our selection of Weber grills online and pick up essentials like Weber grilling accessories, Weber grill covers and even Weber cleaning products to keep your new grill in top condition year-round.
Need help? Call 1-866-290-5334
The 14 Best Gas Grills Updated For : A Quick Overview Chart Of Products
They are the gas grills with the best price, best quality, and best performance, based on customer ratings, popularity, and reviews from multiple online shopping sites.
To save you time, use the chart below to narrow down the search for YOUR perfect grill:
Product Name$ link
to see the above chart in expanded form, including more product specs and features.
Read Also: Do Traeger Grills Need To Be Plugged In
Can You Convert A Propane Gas Grill Into A Natural Gas Grill
It is possible to convert a propane grill into a natural gas grill, but it requires some know-how. First of all, youll need to determine whether your particular propane grill model is eligible for conversion. To do that, consult your owners manual and see if the grill is a dual fuel model. If so, youll be able to convert it into a natural gas grill with the help of a conversion kit, which can be purchased at hardware stores. Be sure to buy a conversion kit that is specifically compatible with your grill brand. If youre unsure, contact the manufacturer, as conversion mishaps related to incorrect kits can damage your grill and could cause a dangerous fire.
Best Gas Grills Of 2021 According To Experts
Select is editorially independent. Our editors selected these deals and items because we think you will enjoy them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time.
Summer is barbecue season, and now that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said fully vaccinated individuals and, depending on the situation, some unvaccinated individuals dont have to wear masks outdoors, family and friends are looking forward to gathering in person. This means the focus is on grills yet again, similar to the steady and regular increase in interest we saw last summer around grilling accessories.
If you plan on spending quality time grilling this summer, it might be the right time to consider upgrading your wares or investing in a new model. From charcoal to wood and pellet grills, it can be daunting to know which direction to go. But gas grills are fairly common and could be an option for your outdoor space. Its estimated that 62 percent of grill owners have a grill thats fueled by gas, said Matt Moore, author of last years Serial Griller.
Recommended Reading: Mouse In Grill
Weber 47510001 Spirit E310 Gas Grill
- Company: Weber
- Rating: 4.5 / 5 stars
- Price: $
This grill, developed by Weber in 2013, has been popular for multiple years running 2017, 2018, 2019, and will likely be just as great in 2020! Its a perfect size grill for a small family or couple!
This isnt an overly fancy natural gas grill, but it does have everything you need to cook great tasting, juicy food! In standard Weber style, it is built from high quality stainless steel and black painted steel, and has a clean, sleek look thatll be a great addition to your backyard patio!
It also comes with the following features that we think make this grill a fantastic buy for your buck:
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates cast iron seasons well, retains heat, and clean very easily!
- The cooking area at 424 sq inches is big enough to cook a small turkey or do meats and veggies at the same time!
- SS flavorizer bars, that capture the grease drippings and turn them into smoke that infuses your meat with flavor AND keeps your grill clean!
- Integrated utensil hooks on the sides of the stainless steel prep tables, so you can keep the tops clean and organized while youre grilling
- A front-mounted control panel and built in thermometer that gives you more control over your cooking
- A flexible 10 gas hose so you can connect to your gas line easily
For a grill under $500, you cant top this Weber Spirit E310! We think its a great choice for anyone who wants a good quality, long lasting, budget friendly grill!