Louisiana Grills Country Smoker Whole Hog
Why youll love it:
While some users might love a small, easy to transport smoker, others need all the space they can get. For those big family gatherings or community events, bigger is definitely better.
The Louisiana Grills Country Whole Hog is a great model for those who need some serious space.
What we liked
What we didnt like
- Price: The Whole Hog is fairly priced for what it is its the size of three grills and cost three times as much as a normal pellet smoker. This is fair enough, but may make most balk at the cost considering the vast majority of people have no use for quite this much huge space, and would be better off with a cheaper option.
- Simplistic Pellet Feed: No augers or induction fans here just a simple chute and pellets sitting in the bottom of the smoker. This can make it cook more unevenly without careful tending, so youre less able to light it up and then forget about it for hours on end.
Traeger Grills Select Elite Pellet Grill
Why youll love it:
These products do more than just smoke. Many do an excellent job with traditional grilling too.
Most of Traegers products make great grills as well as smokers. And if you want the best wood pellet grill smoker, look no further than the Traeger Grills Select Elite.
What we liked
- Easy to Use: The Select Elite is a pellet smoker with the ease of use of an electric or electronically started propane grill. Ignition is performed with the simple turn of a knob, saving time and reducing risk of burns. The temperature can be controlled with 20 degrees Fahrenheit of the ideal temperature, ensuring perfect and thoroughly cooked meat every time.
- Versatility: The Select Elite can grill, bake, braise, barbecue, roast, and smoke, making it an entire kitchen in one convenient package.
- Storage and Counter Space: The Select Elite has enough counter space to do all your prep work right by the grill with no other tabletop necessary, and the under grill storage capacity is just enough to tore all of your grilling utensils and materials out of the way and neatly arranged.
- Spacious: 589 square inches is larger than average, and enough to cook meals for multiple families on one grill space. 20 burgers, five whole chickens, six racks of ribs, or any combination of other foods of similar size can be cooked all at once. The 18 lb pellet hopper capacity provides longevity and reduces the need for refilling it with pellets constantly .
What we didnt like
Best Grills In : Gas Charcoal And Pellet Compared
Genesis II S-335 Smart Grill
Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill 22-inch
Spirit II E-310 Gas Grill
Deluxe Four Burner Gas Grill
Gourmet CD1824E 23-inch Charcoal BBQ Grill
36″ Griddle Cooking Station with Accessory Side Shelf
Patio Bistro Tru-Infrared Electric Grill
The best grills will cook up succulent, seared meals that will have crisp and tasty results. Be it throwing on some steaks or rustling up a grilled feast for the family to enjoy, the best grill should be powerful, reliable and easy to use. It also needs to suit your cooking needs, lifestyle and budget. But with so many different types of grill available, it can often be tricky to know which one is right for you.
Before you buy, there are some things to consider first. Do you want a gas, electric or pellet grill? What different features does it offer? Finally, what is the price? The best grills can cost from as little as $100 to over $1,000, so you need to factor in your budget.
To help you decide, weve rounded up a selection of the best grills to suit every backyard and budget.
- Check out how to sharpen a knife
Don’t Miss: Weber Grill Huntley Sale
Pizza On The Grill: 100+ Feisty Fire
$ as of January 17, 2022 5:04 am
- 1,060 total Square inch cooking surface- 751 Square inches in the main chamber, 309 Square inches in the firebox chamber
- Reverse-flow smoker employs a Series of 4 baffles to guide heat and smoke through the main chamber delivering an even and delicious result
- Removable baffles and optional smokestack locations for a customizable setup. Number of Grates: 4
- Firebox chamber features large stainless Steel fuel basket and clean-out door for easy ash removal
- Heavy-gauge all-steel construction, porcelain-coated cooking grates and multiple dampers for easy heat and smoke control
What Is An Electric Hopper And How Does It Work
An electric hopper comes with every pellet smoker and its basically a container where you pour pellets so they can be fed into the fire chamber without effort.
Most modern units feature automatic loaders meaning the machine only starts feeding pellets when there isnt enough fuel inside which allows you to save energy as well as money because you dont need to refill it very often
Read Also: How To Clean Bbq Grease Off Concrete
The 10 Best Pellet Smokers And Grills You Can Buy In 2022
The absolute best pellet smokers, whether youre on a budget, tailgating or setting up your backyard dream kitchen.
This definitive guide to the best pellet smokers and grills of 2021 explores everything you need to know to find a pellet grill best suited to your needs, including features to look for, materials and price. Pellet grill not for you? Check out our guides to charcoal and gas grills.
- Best Pellet Smoker : Traeger 575
- Best Upgraded Pellet Smoker: Yoder Smoker 480S
- Best Portable Pellet Smoker: Traeger Ranger
- Weber SmokeFire
Pellet grills are no longer just for nerds. Invented in the 80s by the folks who would eventually found Traeger, which remains one of the most popular brands in the category, they work by pushing tiny pieces of compressed would from a hopper and into a firebox under a tray, which is fixed under the grates. Most have onboard computers and fans that regulate temperature, even feeding cooking and temperature data to smartphone apps. It is the only category in grilling to wholeheartedly embrace such technology into even its entry-level products, technology that has made the category as a whole the easiest, most relaxed path to properly smoked meat there is. But as pellet grilling has become more popular, so have the grills that make it happen. From great value to just plain great, these are the best pellet grills and smokers you can buy.
Where Can You Get The Best Grills
Besides your local store? Well, the online world is one of the best places you can check out too.
For one, buying your grills online allows you check and compare prices, know what you are getting and of course, promises convenience.
For those who would love to get a used unit, Craigslist is a good place to be. Amazon also has a solid market for used units, but dont forget to inspect well before buying.
Besides used grills, though, Amazon is way better for when you want to get new units. They have an extensive catalogue featuring many of the top manufacturers so you never run out of options.
Now that you know when to get them for lesser, and the ones to look out for, smoking your meat is just a grill purchase away.
Also Check: Cleaning Stainless Steel Grill Hood
Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Pellet Grill & Smoker
The name Traeger is a hallmark of quality when it comes to pellet grills. Theyre the leading brand for a reason and have an impressive range of different options to choose from. This grill the Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 is the perfect size for a small to medium-sized family. Its not the biggest grill in their range but it still has space for four chickens, five racks of ribs, or 24 burgers. That should give you plenty of space, even if youre entertaining. It also has a hopper capacity of 18lbs, which allows you to cook for longer.
One of the most impressive features of the Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Digital Pro Controller. This amazing cooking system allows for precision temperature control, taking the guesswork out of grilling. This turns the average cook into a world-class chef. Buy it now and impress your family and friends.
Grill dimensions 27 D x 41 W x 49 H
Space for 4 chickens, 5 racks of ribs, or 24 burgers
Digital Pro Controller with Advanced Grilling Logic
Wooden utensil hooks
Th Contender Expert Grill Atlas
Ive previously written an article on the Expert Grill pellet grill range where I discuss for their price/features they are some the best value budget pellet grills currently on the market. Take the Atlas below, for under $400 for it to offer a total cooking area over 1,000 sq.in on a pellet grill that has never been offered before.
The Expert Grill Atlas is easily offering the largest cooking area of all the contenders: Image Walmart.com
From what Ive seen from various owners reviews the PID control panel fitted to Expert Grills can hold the temperature to within 10 degrees of the set temperature. Thats not as good as the 5-degree temperature accuracy of other more premium PID pellet grills, but very reasonable for a pellet grill for under $400.
Read Also: Grilled Pork Temperature Done
Best Stove Top Grill: Legend Cast
This 20-by-10 reversible grill pan from Legend isnt technically a grill, but its the next best thing for those of us who cant own a grill at the moment. This grill pan fits comfortably over two burners for plenty of cooking space. You can achieve perfect grill marks on your steaks, then flip it over for diner-style eggs. The Legend Cast-Iron Grill Pan offers versatility, durability , and is affordable, making it one of the best stovetop grills.
A To Z List Of The Best Bbq Wood Pellets
A pellet grill/smoker is only as good as the BBQ pellets you put into it. The type/quality of the BBQ wood pellets you use will impact temperature performance and smoke flavour. There are many pellet flavours including Apple, Hickory, Mapel, Oak and Walnut to name but a few. However, some brands are hardwood blended pellets whereas others are 100% single wood species.
In this article, I provide details on over 20 brands of BBQ wood pellets, their range of flavours, whether they are 100% single wood species or hardwood blended pellets, their typical price and where they are available. I also provide tips on how to get the best deal when buying BBQ wood pellets and how to test pellet quality. Finally, I discuss the new kid on the block, charcoal pellets and their special attributes compared to all other hardwood BBQ pellets.
You May Like: Is Veggie Grill 100 Vegan
Camp Chef Pg24stx Smokepro Pellet & Smoker
Why youll love it:
It can get a bit pricey. Theyve got a bit more going on than the traditional grill and all of those enhanced features really add to the price tag.
For those just getting started or looking for something slightly more expensive, the pellet grill Camp Chef Smokepro STX is a solid option with a great set of features.
What we liked
- Automatic Pellet Feeding: The Smoke Pro STXs augur system ensures a steady feed of pellets for a more hands off grilling and smoking experience. No need to constantly tend to the pellets and make sure enough are moving in to keep the fire burning.
- Electronic Temperature Control: Just a twist of the knob starts the fire and sets the temperature, making finding the right temperature easier. Combined with the automatic pellet feeding, your meat practically smokes itself!
- Attached Meat Probe: A meat probe comes with the smoker and plugs right into the temperature console. This ensures safe and properly cooked meat every time, so long as you abide by the internal temperature guidelines for meat.
- Ash Catcher: The bottom mounted, screw on ash catcher is unobtrusive and easy cleaning.
What we didnt like
What Is The Best Time Of Year To Buy A Pellet Smoker Grill
Is there a single best time of the year to buy a pellet smoker or pellet smoker grill? In my experience, the answer is yes and no. One thing Ill say at the start is to keep in mind youre buying something that should last for many years to come. Saving $50 over the span of 8-10 years or more may not be a big deal especially if it means you can start smoking tomorrow versus next month!
There will always be Black Friday Deals, Clearance, and Memorial Day Sales and many others. But there will also be those unpredictable times of simply being at the right place at the right time. Be sure to sign up for manufacturers email lists because every once in a while theyll offer a secret insiders special that the general public will never see.
You want to get some good meat grilling done, but the sheer price of the grilling machine is somewhat driving you away. Like any other piece of merchandise, though, you are sure that there are some times of the year when these grills are sold for lesser than they were usually listed for.
If that is wat you have had in mind, we can tell you that you are not farther from the truth.
In this piece, we will discuss the best times of the year to cop a new smoker grill, when not to buy and other options to help you get better deals on the units you so desire.
Don’t Miss: Weber Grill Repair Parts
Do You Need A Grill Or A Smoker Or A Combo
This is an important first question and let me explain why. Some people already have a grill they like to use. It could be gas, charcoal, backyard fire pit, infrared, whatever. If thats the case, do you really need another grill? Maybe what you really want is a smoker. And if thats the case, I recommend keeping your current grill and getting a vertical smoker.
If you want a grill or want a better grill then what you have, then a pellet smoker grill is a great way to go. Youll get convenient dry wood heat with unique flavoring specific to whatever wood you choose like hickory, pecan, mesquite, apple, etc. Plus youll have the option to smoke meat as well as grill.
Tips For Using A Pellet Smoker
Here are some tips on how to use your pellet smoker: dont put it on cement, but in a bag or on a shelf. Your grill should not be found open when not in use, otherwise, it wont last long. After use for a while, clean it. You should take good care of your pellet to add more years to its effectiveness.
Read Also: Pork Chops On Grill Temp
Th Contender Monument 86000
Monument is currently not a well-known pellet grill brand, however, when it comes to budget pellet grills they should be considered. For instance, this particular Monument model Ive found at a couple of different outlets for under $400 and it offers the second-largest cooking area of the contenders.
There are a couple of Monument pellet grills priced at $399, however, this model the 86000 offers the best value: Image HomeDepot.com
Now apparently according to the marketing literature the Monument 86000 is fitted with a PID control panel. However, Ive also read the manual and temperature control is limited to 25 50 degree increments. Therefore, if the control panel is indeed running a PID algorithm its not taking advantage of the technology fully for 5-degree increments in temperature control.
Choosing The Right Pellet Grill For You
As you can see, a quality pellet grill isnt particularly cheap. If youre in the market for one of these smoker grill combos, that likely means you value quality, versatility, ease of use, and that delicious wood fired taste.
Since youre committing to spend your hard earned dollars for something that serves an important purpose , there are a few things you should consider while you search.
You May Like: Weber Gas Grill Chicken Breast
Best Pellet Smokers: 11 Detailed 2022 Reviews
Gone are the days of sweating over the flames, painstakingly trying to maintain your temperature every fifteen minutes in rain, hail or shine. When pellet smokers burst onto the scene, barbecue fans thought it was just a flash in the pan, if youll pardon the pun. But, with the most respectable manufacturers in the market offering up their version of this set and forget, wood-fired smoker, the world is finally cottoning on to the fact that the pellet grill is here to stay.
And, if you ask us, we couldnt be happier about it! Mastering the art of barbecuing on an offset smoker may earn you serious browning points with traditionalists. But, theres a good reason that pellet smokers are becoming so popular, even on the competitive barbecue circuit.
In this article, we review the 11 best pellet smokers 2022 has to offer . Youll also find pros and cons, as well as stats for each model recommended.
All of our picks have been selected for their versatility, ease of use, end results, and overall value for money.
Burning Brisket is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate policy to learn more.
Traeger Grills Signature Blend 100% All
as of January 17, 2022 5:04 am
- SIGNATURE BLEND WOOD FIRED FLAVOR: The flavors of hickory, maple, and cherry hardwoods combine for in our Traeger Signature Blend Hardwood Pellets for flavor that can take on just about anything you cook. From classic BBQ meats, to fish and veggies, this versatile blend gives you full-bodied flavor you’ll go back to time and time again.
- NOT ALL PELLETS ARE CREATED EQUAL: The best wood-fired grill on the market demands the best wood pellets on the market. Real taste doesn’t just happen, its tied to quality materials and achieving perfect smoke. It starts with all-natural hardwood pellets made in American mills.
- TRAEGER HAS SPENT YEARS DEVELOPING THE PERFECT PELLET: Our hardwood’s unique compact cell structure results in a balanced, dependable burn. Traeger has spent years mastering the development of hardwood pellets that have just the right amount of moisture contentthe sweet spotto maintain a perfect burn-to-smoke ratio
- PAIRS WELL WITH EVERYTHING: Pairs especially well with Beef, Poultry, Pork, Lamb, Seafood, Baked Goods, Vegetables
- FEATURES: Made in USA, Premium Quality, All-Natural, Clean Burn, No Binders, Low Ash, 20lb Bag
Also Check: What To Use To Clean Grease Off Concrete