Grilled Boneless Bbq Chicken Breast
By Rena | Published on June 22, 2022
Enjoy this tender, sweet, and tangy BBQ grilled chicken breast recipe with a simple . Barbecue and boneless chicken breasts are cooked on a gas grill or grill pan until moist, juicy, and a little crispy.
Cooking bbq and boneless chicken breasts on the grill is super easy with this quick and failproof recipe. Grilled chicken breasts are high in protein and perfectly juicy over your gas grill or pan. The BBQ is made of a simple blend of oil, garlic, salt, and pepper making the chicken extra tasty and delicious.
Easy grilled chicken breast recipes are the perfect match for whenever you want to enjoy brightbarbecue flavors, BBQ cookouts, holidays, and so much more. Pair your chicken breasts with your favorite potato salad,leafy greens, veggies, etc.
Grilled Bbq Chicken Breast
The best summer meal! Whether you’re entertaining friends for a cookout or just preparing a quick weeknight meal, this Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast always wins rave reviews. Season the boneless, skinless chicken breast with a simple rub, throw it onto a gas or charcoal grill, and baste with barbecue sauce. Served with pasta salad, mac and cheese, cornbread or coleslaw, this grilled chicken recipe is a picnic favorite!
Is Organic Chicken Better When Grilling Chicken Breast
When it comes to cooking chicken breasts, there is no difference between organic and non-organic chicken. Organic means that the birds are raised without pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, additives or animal by-products, and have access to the outdoors. But, it doesnt necessarily mean that the chicken is healthier for you, tastes better or will cook better. Heres more on how to read the labels on a pack of chicken.
Dont Miss: What To Use To Clean Grease Off Concrete
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Cleaner For Grill Grates
Homemade Vs Store Bought Bbq Sauce
I love making homemade BBQ sauce! While it does have quite a lengthy ingredient list, most of the items are pantry staples! Its super easy and satisfying to make your own.
Having said that, I totally understand wanting to take a shortcut and use store bought sauce! I recommend Primal Kitchens BBQ sauce because there is no sugar added and they use minimal ingredients.
How To Store Leftover Chicken
Let the grilled chicken sit a room temperature about 10 minutes to cool off, then refrigerate or freeze based on the times below.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container up to 34 days.
- Freeze whole, shredded, or chopped pieces tightly sealed up to 34 months. I like to freeze in separate smaller bags for easy leftover portions.
You May Like: How To Charcoal Grill Pork Chops
Best Cuts For Bbq Chicken
Chicken breasts are great for grilling, but cooking dark meat cuts is always a fantastic option. Not only are dark meat cuts of chicken like the legs , quarters, and thighs cheaper than breasts most of the time, but theyre also going to be a bit juicier once grilled as well.This is because dark meat has a higher fat content so as they cook they become more tender and juicy as a result. Theyre also smaller than the breasts and can cook at a faster pace so you dont have to hover over the grill for too long.
How To Prepare And Preheat Your Grill
While your chicken is marinating and before youre ready to grill it, its important to get your grill ready.
Don’t Miss: How To Grill Lamb Chops Weber
How To Thin Thick Chicken Breasts
I usually use a meat hammer, but the bottom of a heavy pan will do nicely.
You need to protect yourself and the surrounding area from splatter. Most people will place the chicken in plastic wrap for this, but I like one-gallon freezer bags.
See Chicken To Rinse or Not To Rinse? for more food safety discussion about chicken.
Simple And Easy Pinky Swear
Grilled chicken breasts are notoriously dry and flavorless, but when prepared the correct way they can be delicious, flavorful and tender. And I promise its not a lot of work.Today you will learn just how easy it is to achieve tender, juicy flavorful boneless skinless chicken breasts every time to grill. And I will guide you through the process step by step, complete with photos. Thats just how nice I am!
You May Like: How Do You Make Grilled Cheese Step By Step
Grilled Chicken Breasts Take On A Greek Flavor
Dried oregano adds a deeper, earthier flavor to the chicken than fresh oregano.
If youre like me, you probably have a couple of barbecued chicken keepers that you rotate repeatedly. For me its my lemon mustard chicken, pesto chicken and grilled chicken with classic barbecue sauce.
I had a hankering for a new taste. Thats how this juicy, herbed chicken came to be.
Why dried? It adds a deeper, earthier flavor than fresh oregano. Oregano is the herb I use most often for Greek dishes. Look for an extra-virgin Greek olive oil that has plenty of fruitiness along with a light peppery finish. Four cloves of garlic might seem excessive, but it is needed here.
This Seriously Simple dish might just make it into your chicken rotation in the months to come. You can also use chicken thighs. Or cut into cubes and make brochettes. The marinade is also pretty yummy on fresh salmon. If you use salmon, marinate no more than two hours before grilling.
What to serve alongside? How about cooked orzo with crumbled feta cheese, sweet baby peas, an olive oil drizzle and fresh herbs? A crisp white Greek wine would be a fitting beverage accompaniment.
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GREEK-STYLE MARINADE
1/2 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup olive oil
How To Grill Chicken Breasts That Are Sooo Juicy
This post may contain affiliate links.
How long do you grill chicken breasts for? Do they need to be brined or marinated? How do you get good grill marks? How do you grill the juiciest chicken breasts? All your grilled chicken breast answers are here!
With summer and grilling season coming up, its a great time to grill up some chicken as an entree, to put onto salads, or to use in your favorite chicken recipes. Its therefore a good idea that we take a moment to tackle the conundrum of grilling chicken breasts.
You May Like: Who Sells Jenn Air Gas Grills
Trim The Chicken Breasts
Picking the right ingredient is always a key step to ensuring you end up with great results. Make sure you are buying boneless, skinless chicken breasts. These often come untrimmed in the package with minimal processing. You can also buy them trimmed .
If youre not a fan of trimming chicken, buying them hand trimmed from the butcher can be a great time saver, just be aware it will usually cost you a bit extra per pound. If you want to save yourself some money, trimming yourself is a great way to go! Remove any dangling pieces of fat, rib meat, connective tissues, or loose pieces of chicken meat to create nice, uniform breasts.
No matter if you buy trimmed or trim yourself, be sure that your chicken is fully defrosted before you attempt the next steps. Having chicken that is frozen in the middle can cause several issues during the marinating and grilling steps. My favorite way to defrost is to set the chicken in a zip top bag and then onto a plate and onto the bottom shelf of your refrigerator. Make sure your bag is open to allow the chicken to breathe while defrosting. Most chicken breasts will defrost within 24 hours in the fridge.
How To Grill Chicken Breasts With Barbecue Sauce
Today we are doing more of a how to on The Schmidty Wife, opposed to a recipe. How To Grill Chicken Breasts with Barbecue Sauce.
Over the month of July I took the time to write down what we had for dinner every night. With the intention of sharing what I feed my family most often with my readers. Well turns out this summer was pretty predictable with some simple barbecue grilled chicken. I turn to the grill most of the time during the summer so it is no surprise to me that we had this for dinner the most often. So lets talk about how to grill chicken breasts with barbecue sauce.
Its all about the grill and the chicken breast today. Now if you know me you know Id take a chicken thigh over a breast any day but there is also something so deliciously basic about a barbecued chicken breast on the grill, when done right I can barely resist it.
So often chicken breasts can be overcooked and dried out which makes them no good. It can also be tricky to realize when to add the sauce during grilling. So today we are going to go over some of the basics of How To Grill Chicken Breasts with Barbecue Sauce.
Dont Miss: Who Makes Napoleon Grills
Don’t Miss: How To Marinate Chicken For Grilling
Grilled Bbq Chicken Recipe
There’s nothing better than grilled BBQ chicken breast on a warm summer evening. It’s flavorful, light, and versatile — and with a few simple tips it stays juicy and moist . Plus, this easy meal is incredibly fast! You only need about 10 minutes of prep and 10 minutes to cook the meat, so the entire dinner is ready in 20 minutes. Serve the grilled bbq chicken with your favorite sides, slice it on top of a crisp green salad, or tuck it into a sandwich. Leftovers are great, too!
How Long To Grill Chicken Breast On Gas Grill
- Cooking your chicken breasts on the grill will take about 20 minutes from start to finish but it will truthfully depend upon the actual size of your chicken breasts as some may cook much faster than others.
- You will flip your chicken every 5 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, and then you need to give it a 5-minute rest to finish coming up to heat. Letting it have this rest time is also important for keeping the chicken juicy.
- Note that you will not see any grill lines appear on the chicken until the last 5 minutes or so of cooking. If you see the lines appear earlier in the cooking process it is a sign that your grill is too hot and while the outside may look fully cooked, the internal portion of your chicken breast may still be raw and undercooked.
Read Also: How To Use Electric Grill Outdoor
Faqs About Grilled Chicken Breast
Are grilled chicken breasts healthy?
Yes. Grill chicken breasts are about 280 calories each with 8 grams of fat and 1 gram of carbohydrates. So they will fit nicely in almost every diet like low caloric, low fat, and even low-carb or keto diets.Sodium will depend on your preparation and seasoning choices.
Can I grill frozen chicken breast?
No. The outside will be damaged before the inside reaches a safe internal temperature.Before cooking, always thaw frozen chicken and consider brining it since freezing tends to dry the meat.
How to keep grilled chicken breast moist?
1) Brine if you have time.2) Cook chicken breasts of about the same size and thickness. If thicker than ¾ inch, thin out the breast.3) Get the grill temperature correct.4) Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°. Less is not safe, and higher will dry the meat.
How To Grill Barbecue Chicken
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush the grill with oil.
- In a small mixing bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper together.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over each side of the chicken breast.
- Place the seasoned chicken on the preheated grill. Cover and cook for 5 minutes without disturbing.
- Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Brush the chicken breasts with BBQ sauce, flip and cook for 2 minutes.
- Brush the chicken breasts again with BBQ sauce and flip. Cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees F, according to a digital thermometer.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean plate and tent with foil. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes for the juices to redistribute and the temperature of the chicken to rise to 165 degrees F.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce on the side if desired.
You May Like: What To Cook On Grill For Dinner
The Best Grilled Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Say goodbye to dry, bland grilled chicken breasts. This recipe guarantees juicy, flavorful chicken every time.
Sometimes in cooking the simplest dishes are the hardest to get right, and grilled chicken is a perfect example. Because boneless chicken breasts are so lean, they often turn out dry, rubbery, and bland. Contrary to popular belief, marinating alone will not save grilled chicken from drying out in fact, its often the marinade that causes the problem!
My technique and marinade ensure tender, juicy, and flavorful grilled chicken every time. You can serve the fillets on their own as a healthy main course , topped with cheese on a toasted bun, or, as I often do, sliced over a Caesar salad. Bonus: the recipe is quick and easy. You do all of the prep ahead of time and you wont even dirty a single bowl.
Best Grilled Chicken Breast
Grilled chicken breasts can be the epitome of boring. Too often theyre dried out or rubbery. But when soaked in a super-quick with balsamic, brown sugar, and dried thyme youre guaranteed deliciousness. Not to mention, grilling the breasts will lock in all those amazing flavors while providing some serious char.
How long can I keep the chicken in the marinade?
Wed recommend no longer than 24 hours! Technically you can keep raw chicken refrigerated for up to 2 days, but we dont recommend marinating that long.
How do I keep the chicken from sticking on the grill?
As long as you give each side enough time, it shouldnt! When your chicken gets those nice charred lines, it naturally releases from your grill grates. If you try to flip and the chicken feels stuck, try giving it another minute or two! Itll release naturally, when its ready.
What should the internal temperature of my chicken be?
According to the FDA, all chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°. We prefer our chicken breasts closer to 150° because were rule breakers. Jokes aside, the real reason we dont go all the way to 165° is because boneless skinless chicken breasts have basically no fat, so in order to maintain some juiciness we pull them a little early.
Can I adapt the marinade?
How hot should my grill be for chicken breasts?
What should I serve with this?
Made this recipe? Tell us how ya feel! Rate & comment below.
Freshly ground black pepper
Also Check: Which Is The Best Smokeless Grill
Barbecue Grilled Chicken Tips & Tricks
- Please trust me and try the bone-in and skin on chicken. You are going to consider boneless. skinless chicken breast to be dry shoe leather compared to this.
- How long can I marinate the chicken?According to the USDA, chicken can be marinated for up to 2 days safely.
- Can I use skinless, boneless chicken breasts? Yes, you can and it will still be delicious. I know that there are some of you that love skinless and boneless chicken better, so don’t let me stop you!
- Usually cooking chicken on the top rack of your grill to prevent flare-ups is a good idea, but we have a double grate system, so we turn on the OPPOSITE SIDE of the BBQ for heat. This helps to prevent burning!
Looking To Grill Other Cuts Of Chicken
Ive got your back! Heres how to grill chicken drumsticks and thighs:
For chicken drumsticks:
- To grill: preheat your grill to medium high and lightly oil the grate. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 8 minutes, then flip, brush with the reserved marinade, and grill for an additional 8 minutes. Turn the chicken over one last time, brush again with the remaining marinade, and cook for 5 more minutes, or until no pink remains in the center of the chicken.
- To bake: preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a oven-safe rack on a large baking sheet and grease with nonstick cooking spray so that the chicken doesnt stick to the pan. Place the drumsticks on the pan with the thicker part of the drumstick to the outside. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through.
For boneless skinless chicken thighs:
- To grill: preheat your grill to medium high and lightly oil the grates. Cook your chicken thighs for 6-8 minutes per side, flipping once. When the internal temp reaches 165 degrees F your chicken is done.
- To bake: preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake your chicken thighs for about 25-30 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165.
For skin-on chicken thighs:
Recommended Reading: What Can I Clean My Stainless Steel Grill With