Other Ways To Prepare Pork Loin
There are many notes on how to smoke a pork loin on a pellet grill, and below we have listed three suggestions. In the future, we will cover each recipe in detail, but here is a summary of each.
Roasted pork loin on a Traeger pellet grill is a great way to prepare a pork loin roast. You can lightly season your pork loin with pepper, garlic, smoked paprika, and then place it in your pellet grill. Cook in your grill at 325 degrees for 20 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature is 140 degrees, then rested for 10 minutes.
Thick sliced pork loin steaks in gravy are a yummy way to enjoy pork loin or chops. Slice your loin into thick steaks slightly over one inch thick. Place the pork steaks in a smoker-safe pan without touching them together. Put them in the Traeger pellet grill at 250 degrees for a total of 90 minutes. Make a thin gravy from beef stock or a package. Add the gravy when you are halfway through the cooking process. After resting, the finished temperature should be 145 degrees, as always.
On A Pellet Grill How Long Do You Cook A Pork Loin
- Prepare the smoker Preheat the pellet grill to a temperature of 220 degrees Fahrenheit. Fill that hopper to the brim with pellets.
- Trim any excess fat from the pork loin before cooking. The fat cap should be around 1/4 inch thick. Then combine the dry rub ingredients. Allow the dry rub to sit for half an hour at room temperature.
- Place the pork loin fat side up on a hot pellet grill. If youre using a Bluetooth thermometer, insert the temperature probe. Close the pellet grill cover and cook the pork loin at 220F until the internal temperature reaches 145F.
- Allow 10 minutes to rest before slicing after removing from pellet grill.
Pork Tenderloin Recipe On Pit Boss Pellet Grill
If you are looking for a very simple recipe that blends simple ingredients with great flavors, then this Pork Tenderloin Recipe on a Pit Boss Pellet Grill is the perfect recipe for your next grill session.
Pork tenderloin is already a tender cut of meat which means that it does not necessarily need to cook for a long time. That is exactly why you need Pit Boss pellet grills.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.
These grills can cook at almost any temperature you would want to.
There are many things that you can cook in a Pit Boss pellet grill and pork tenderloin is only one of them.
This recipe will surely get you to serve the best meal for your family while also saving a lot of time.
Compared to most recipes on a pellet grill, this one is very easy and fast.
There are also many ways to cook pork tenderloin, but you should read more on this guide if you want to learn the basics.
You will learn every important detail of the process.
For your next main course, we will be discussing the things you need to know and do when you cook pork tenderloin on a Pit Boss pellet grill so follow the post and read the guide below.
Read Also: How To Grill Bone In Pork Chops
How Long Do You Smoke A Pork Tenderloin At 225
The trick to smoking pork tenderloin. Make sure the inside of the smoker is well prepared and that it is heated until 225F is reached. The lid should be closed and it should be smoked for one hour after opening. After an hour has passed, season both sides of the meat with a light glaze from your favourite BBQ sauce.
What Goes Great With Smoked Pork Loin
The versatility of pork knows no bounds. You can pretty much serve it with anything. The other white meat actually goes great with any sides that you might typically do for chicken, and the same holds true for any typical beef sides too. So, you could do a basil garlic fried rice for example. Or, why not go with this Tomato Cracker Salad?
Pork is like khakis, it literally goes with everything and makes it looks tasteful.
You May Like: How To Maintain Your Grill
What Temperature To Cook Pork Tenderloin
One big thing about cooking a pork tenderloin is allowing it to rest 3-5 minutes once you pull it out of the oven, grill, etc. The resting gives you a juicy and moist pork tenderloin, where if you go and start cutting it up right away, you will find your tenderloin ends up a bit drier.
The goal temperature of a pork tenderloin is to have an internal temperature of 165 degrees to have a fully cooked tenderloin. Some cook it to 145 degrees. The 145-degree range will supply you with a more juicy meat, but some prefer it to be cooked higher at the 165 range. That is up to you on your preference.
Pork is totally safe to eat at 145, so dont be afraid. It wont be pink in the middle, and you will be thankful that you dont have a big hunk of dried out meat. I typically go to about 150ish because thats what I prefer, but your mileage will vary.
I highly recommend investing in a quality meat thermometer. It takes a LONG time to be able to guestimate what temp your meat is at, and especially with large roasts, turkey, big pork butts, etc youll want to have an accurate temperature guide to make sure nothing gets overcooked and dried out.
How Long To Smoke Pork Tenderloin On Pellet Smoker
Im wondering how long it takes to smoke pork tenderloin on a pellet barbecue. Cooking time for pork tenderloin on the smoker at 225 degrees Fahrenheit varies depending on the size of the tenderloin, but it takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours. What amount do I require each person?
You May Like: When Does Lowes Put Grills On Sale
What Is Pork Loin
A pork loin is a large cut of meat from the back of a pig. A single pork loins weight starts at six pounds and is commonly divided into three sections, blade end, sirloin end, and center, our favorite section.
While the loin is regarded as lean, it includes a fat cap between the meat and the pigs skin. If you buy a whole pork loin from a butcher shop, it will commonly have the skin unless you ask your butcher to remove it. Keep the skin because it makes tasty deep-fried treats.
The center portion is our favorite loin cut because of its uniform shape and the fat cap. The cap, layer of fat, is trimmed to about ¼ inch, which results in a perfect amount of fat to baste the meat when cooked low and slow. However, the center loin is the leanest portion and can dry out very easily if overcooked.
Finally, when cooking pork, the FDA has food safety guidelines recommending that you fully cook pork to prevent trichinosis. In our opinion, we dont feed our pigs garbage or slop, and this was the most significant cause of trichinosis.
FDA guidelines say 145 degrees for a resting minimum of three minutes. Be safe and use your best judgment.
How To Smoke A Pork Loin On A Pit Boss Pellet Grill
We have previously covered how to season a Pit Boss, how to start a Pit Boss, as well as how to troubleshoot the smoke level of your pellet grill.
So if you need a more in-depth review on how to use your Pit Boss for the first time, check those articles out first!
But below is a brief overview of how a Pit Boss pellet grill works and how to start it up properly to prepare to smoke a pork loin.
Read Also: What Temperature To Cook Grilled Cheese
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 When making pork roast on the grill, remember some pork suppliers inject pork roasts with a salt solution to increase shelf life and make the meat moist and flavorful. Read the package label and decrease the amount of salt in the rub if the meat youre using has been injected.
- tip 2 For grilled pork roast, save some money by buying in bulk! Most club stores sell whole pork loin roasts for much less per pound than youd pay for pre-cut roasts or chops. If you have freezer space, buy a whole loin and cut it into 3-pound roasts, chops or smaller strips for stir-fry. Pat dry, wrap in plastic and place in a labeled freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- tip 3 Not sure how to grill using indirect heat? For two-burner gas grill, heat one burner to medium place pork on unheated side. For one-burner gas grill, place pork on grill over low heat. For charcoal grill, move medium coals to edge of firebox place pork on grill rack over drip pan.
Also Check: What Temp To Take Pork Chops Off Grill
How Long Does A Pork Loin Take To Smoke At 275 Degrees
- It will take 2 hours to smoke a pork loin at 225F until it reaches an internal temperature of 145F for slicing. To get 200F for pulled pork, it will take 5 hours.
- In 1 hour and 40 minutes, a 275F-smoked loin will be 145F internally and ready to slice and serve. In 3 hours and 40 minutes, it will be close to being pulled pork.
- If you must cut the loin quickly, smoke it at 325F for 1 hour and 30 minutes and for 2 hours and 40 minutes, respectively.
You May Like: How To Use Z Grill
How To Smoke Pork Tenderloin
What Temperature Do You Use To Smoke Pork Tenderloin
Preheat the oven to 225F and smoke the pork loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin loin . The lower, slower temperatures at play in a smoker make meeting your aim of 145F simple. The meat temperature isnt rushing up as rapidly as it could be, so finding the sweet spot is easier. Your pork loin will also see less carryover cooking because your temperatures are gentler and your gradients are lower.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Rec Tec Grills
What Temperature Do You Cook Pork On A Pellet Grill
If you intend to grill pork loin at 215F while you are seasoning it, prepare your Traeger pellet grill at 205F. During the cooking time, place the pork loin on the grill. What is this? Lets know what it is. Be sure to elevate the temperature up to 375F, then cook until the temperature reaches an internal temperature between 140F and 147F in the pan.
Tips For Smoking Pork Loin In A Pellet Smoker
Read Also: Who Installs Gas Lines For Grills
Why Is This Recipe For Smoked Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin So Good
- DELISH Packed with huge smoke flavorand bacon flavor!
- Relatively short cooking time .
- One tenderloin feeds 3-4 people.
- Its an easy recipe to scale up for a larger dinner or holiday meal.
- Makes a great use of tenderloin an underappreciated cut of meat IMO.
- New to smoking foods? See my step by step video for beginners .
HEY THERE Dont forget I post quick, easy recipes on Instagram. Join me at .
How Do You Know When The Pork Is Done
The pork is finished when it reaches a minimum internal temperature, at the thickest part of the meat, of 145F, you can continue cooking it up to about 165 degrees at most before it will begin to taste dry and unpleasant.
Its important to use a meat thermometer when smoking meat, specifically one that can be left in while it is smoking, and read from outside the smoker. Our pellet smoker has one incorporated, but this is the thermometer I use when smoking on our regular grill, and if you want a fancier bluetooth version, try this one!
I find the coating of seasoning is plenty flavorful, but you can swipe with sauce at the end too if youd like!
Read Also: What Is The Best Traeger Grill To Buy
How Do You Season Pit Boss Pulled Pork Rub
Using your hands, rub the Pit Boss Pulled Pork Rub all over the pork loin to coat it with flavor. Put some elbow grease into getting the rub into the areas between each scored fat cap. Make careful to coat the whole pork loin with the marinade so that the flavor of the cooked pork loin may be balanced later on.
How Long Does It Take A Pellet Grill To Cook A Pork Loin
- Smoker setup Set the temperature of the pellet grill to 220. Put pellets in that hopper.
- Trim the pork loins extra fat before preparing it. The fat cap should be roughly 1/4 thick. Next, combine the dry rub. Apply the dry rub and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the fat side up of the pork loin on the heated pellet grill. If youre using a Bluetooth thermometer, insert the temperature probe. When the internal temperature of the pork loin reaches 145 degrees, shut the lid of the pellet grill.
- Rest10 minutes should pass after removal from the pellet grill before slicing
You May Like: Must Have Weber Grill Accessories
Cooking The Pork Loin On Your Grill
Once your pork has spent enough time in your brine, it is time to prepare your grill. Since your pork roast is probably quite large, you want it to cook for a longer period of time over indirect heat. This process is a lot like roasting a pork loin in your oven. The difference is the smoke pouches. Make certain you have removed your pork from the refrigerator 45 minutes before you are ready to begin cooking.
Place your pork onto a platter in your kitchen so it has enough time to warm up to room temperature. Now you are ready to start preparing your smoke pouches and your grill. You need to prepare a minimum of two smoke pouches. Soak your wood chips in water for roughly thirty minutes before you add them to the smoke pouches. Use heavy-duty aluminum foil and make certain the edges of your pouches are tightly sealed.
Once your smoke pouches are ready, rinse your pork loin and pat it dry using paper towels. Now take fresh ground black pepper and rub it all over your pork. Light your grill to the highest setting. Once your grill is fully heated, place your smoke pouches on the sides of your grill. This will enable them to begin to smoulder.
Pro Tip: Do not trust the built-in thermometer on your grill. The only way to make certain your pork loin is cooking at approximately 300 degrees Fahrenheit is to put your meat thermometer directly next to the pork you are cooking on your grill.
Dont Miss: How Long To Grill Pork Tenderloins
What Is Pork Tenderloin
Before we go too deep into this recipe, its important that we make the distinction between a pork loin and a pork tenderloin.
The loin is a larger cut of meat, that comes from a pigs back and typically weighs between two to five pounds. A pork loin can be purchased bone-in or boneless.
The tenderloin is much smaller, weighing in at just a pound. Its a boneless cut that runs alongside the backbone of a pig.
Both cuts of meat are delicious, but they cook differently! Always double check your recipe to be sure you pick up the right cut of meat before you start. This recipe calls for two one-pound tenderloins.
Also Check: How To Clean My Weber Gas Grill