How Do You Get The Moisture Out Of Zucchini
To keep the zucchini from making the lasagna too watery, I salted the zucchini and let it sit for about 10 minutes. The salt pulls a lot of the moisture out of the zucchini. I then patted the zucchini slices dry and baked them for 10 minutes to dry them out even more.
Some More Grilled Sides We Love
I love to make pretty much everything on the grill. A touch of smokey flavor will make anything taste so much better. One of our all time favorite side dishes are grilled potatoes, of course. But, you can forget about buttery grilled mushrooms.
When you want something sweet, grilled pineapple is wonderful with cinnamon and brown sugar glazed over.
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on;, make sure to tag me @grillingsmokingliving and #grillingsmokingliving so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Grilling Smoking Living!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Bonus How To Make Zucchini Noodles
Frequently called “zoodles,” this must-know take on zucchini deftly graduates the versatile veggie from side dish to main dish with this quick, easy method.
1. To make zucchini noodles, use a spiral vegetable slicer or a vegetable peeler to cut zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands or strips. Stop when you reach the seeds in the middle .
2. Place the zucchini “noodles” in a colander and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let drain for 15 to 30 minutes, then gently squeeze to remove any excess water. When that’s done, you can cook it in one of two ways:
2. Toss the noodles with a little oil and spread them on a sheet pan to roast them.
Read Also: Do Traeger Grills Need Electricity
Grilled Zucchini With Garlic And Herbs
This grilled zucchini is bathed in a flavorful garlic and herb marinade, then cooked to perfection on the grill. An easy side dish thats quick to make and always gets rave reviews!
When the warmer months roll around, I find myself eating zucchini and other summer squash on a regular basis. Zucchini is inexpensive, widely available and healthy too! My favorite way to eat zucchini is in this grilled zucchini recipe. Its so simple with ingredients you probably already have on hand, yet it tastes so delicious!
How Do You Keep Zucchini From Going Bad
To store zucchini in the fridge, keep the squash whole, dry and unwashed. Store them in a plastic or paper bag with one end open to encourage air circulation, and pop them in the refrigerator crisper drawer. Theyll keep there for 1 to 2 weeks, though youll probably see the skin start to shrivel over time.
Don’t Miss: How To Keep Rats Away From Grill
Do You Rinse Zucchini After Salting
Definitely not. You only need a little salt half a teaspoon of kosher salt for one medium zucchini, say to start pulling the water out. Use more, and the zucchini will simply taste like zucchini-flavored salt. If you try to rinse out the extra salt, you risk adding back in the water you just tried to get rid of.
Easy Grilled Zucchini Recipe
Knowing this is just an easy recipe, it’ll be simple for you to fetch all the other ingredients as well! You can EASILY find zucchini in the farmer’s market or any grocery store.
And if you can’t find one, well, nothing can hinder you anyway. Especially that you’d LOVE zucchini to become part of your summer vacation. You can always find other ways!
Don’t Miss: Can I Sell My Gold Grill
Should Squash Be Peeled Before Grilling
Preparing Squash for Grilling Summer squash should not be washed until you are ready to use it. Because of its soft skin, the summer squash does not need to be peeled. Some summer squash is not suitable for grilling because of its water content. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
Angel Hair Pasta With Zucchini And Tomatoes
Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes combines spiralized zucchini with pasta, a great way to lighten a pasta dish!
Angel hair pasta tossed with summer zucchini and tomatoes fresh from the garden. The perfect meatless meal youll be craving again and again. Serve this with plenty of Parmigiano Reggiano!
I love combining spiralized zucchini with pasta, its a great way to lighten a pasta dish, and youre still getting real pasta which I often crave when I am eating zoodles alone.
This recipe is a dish I often whip up in the summer and its great because it takes less than 20 minutes to make. For those on gluten-free diets, use brown rice pasta instead. I love this simple weeknight meatless dish, if you wish to add protein, this would be great with shrimp or chicken!
Recommended Reading: How To Grill Burgers On Propane Grill
How To Roast Zucchini In The Oven
Let me show you how to bake zucchini in the oven:
- Cut zucchini into spears. Simply cut off the ends of the zucchini and then cut each one across in half, making 2 shorter cylinder-shaped pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise 4 times, making 8 sticks out of each larger piece. Theyll look like this:
- Season zucchini. Toss the zucchini sticks with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. I like to keep the spices simple, but feel free to experiment with other seasonings. Toss to coat.
- Roast zucchini in the oven. Arrange zucchini sticks in a single layer on the baking sheet without touching. Roast for 7 minutes, flip pieces over and cook for another 8-13 minutes, making 15-20 minutes total.
Ingredients For Grilling Zucchini
The ingredient list here is *so* simple, and thats because we really want the zucchini to shine. Plus, grilling adds a really delicious depth of flavor to the zucchini, so we didnt feel like we needed to add much else in the way of flavor! Heres what youll need:
- Zucchini to start, youll need 4 medium-sized zucchini cut in half lengthwise. Feel free to grab a few more zucchini if youre feeding a larger crowd!
- EVOO to keep the zucchini halves from sticking, youll need 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sea Salt + Black Pepper 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt and a ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper are the only seasonings well need.
- Lemon Juice to add some brightness to the finished product, well squeeze the juice from ½ a lemon over top!
Also Check: How Do I Clean My Grill Grates
How Do I Pan Fry Zucchini
Pan frying is the preferred way to cook zucchini, if you ask me. It is simple and that is what this recipe for; HOW TO COOK ZUCCHINI ON THE STOVE TOP is based upon. Simply cut the zucchini up into quartered disks and cook in oil with a little salt and pepper. There are explicit directions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Grilled Zucchini With Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Try this out if you’re looking for something MORE appealing!
Oh… But you might be surprised by its unexpected ingredients. But if you just knew it can make your side dish look like it’s made by some high-class chef, will it even matter?
So, if you’re looking for something classically delicious like this, then go and fetch the ingredients right now!
Note: By the way, this WON’T be dairy-free anymore since it involves cheese!
Ingredients to Prepare
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs
- 3/4 cup of cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 1 minced Garlic clove
- Cut your zucchini into small pieces.
- Brush them with oil.
- Sprinkle salt all over zucchini.
- Start mixing yogurt, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
- Spread the sauce on a plate.
- Heat the grill at medium-high temperature.
- Once heated enough, grill zucchini for 5 minutes.
- Turn them back and let them sit for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the perfect grilled zucchini to the plate with the sauce on it.
- Grate the cheese of your choice over grilled zucchini.
- Scatter the fresh herbs along with the zest over grilled zucchini again.
- Shower the grilled zucchini with a little bit of red pepper.
And you’re done.
Don’t Miss: How To Grill Boneless Chicken Breast
How To Make Perfect Grilled Zucchini:
How To Cut Zucchini For Grilling
There are two popular ways to cut up zucchini for grilling: into long planks or into batons.
I prefer to cut the zucchini into batons. Batons hold their texture and are easy to turn so that they do not slip into the grates.
To cut up zucchini for grilling:
- Wash the zucchini and trim off the ends .
- Cut it in half lengthwise.
- Place the cut sides down flat on the cutting board and cut it lengthwise in half again to create four zucchini sticks or batons.
- Season as desired and throw on the grill!
Recommended Reading: Why Are Evo Grills So Expensive
How Long Do Zucchini Take On The Grill On Skewers
Zucchini can be cooked on skewers by itself or alongside other vegetables. Zucchini takes 10 to 15 minutes to get tender, so if you are using other vegetables on your skewer or meats, look for vegetables with similar cooking times like tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, chicken, and steak cuts of beef.
Know The Healthiest Ways To Eat Zucchini
Skipping the oil and cheese is going to be the healthiest way to enjoy zucchini. Luckily, we have an air-fryer zucchini recipe that doesnt use oil if youre trying to cut calories.
Substituting zucchini into other recipes can also make your meals a lot healthier, too. Make pasta dishes a lot less carb-heavy by using spiralized zucchini instead of regular pasta. Slip zucchini into baked goods for some additional nutrientsand if you grate the zucchini beforehand you might not even notice its there.
Did you know you can eat zucchini flowers, too? Theyre full of vitamins and minerals, and there are lots of ways to cook with them, whether you stuff or fry them.
Also Check: What Is The Best Gas Grille
How Make Grilled Zucchini
What Does Grilled Zucchini Taste Like
It has a different flavor it is crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. It is simply delicious!
In fact, we just threw some on this weekend and my daughter yelled YAH, we are having grilled zucchini! That has to say something to you have a 3 year old gets excited about zucchini!
Regardless, zucchini is cheap right now, so you need to throw some on the grill! Once you try it, you will make it all summer long!
This is one of our favorite veggies to throw on the grill. It is that good!
Also Check: How Do I Grill Chicken
How To Roast Zucchini
Is Zucchini Healthy
Zucchini is full of vitamins and minerals including folate, riboflavin, Vitamin C and manganese. Zucchini is low in calories and high in fiber. Zucchini is full of antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds, so its a great way to enjoy your veggies and stay healthy at the same time.
Once you try this grilled zucchini, youll find yourself eating it all summer long!
Recommended Reading: Do Weber Gas Grills Ever Go On Sale
How To Make It:
STEP 1:Cut zucchini and yellow summer squash into slices about 1/4 inch thick. If you prefer you can cut them into wedges. I like slices better because theyll cook faster. Either way, be sure to cut them so they are about the same size so theyll cook evenly. You dont need to worry about peeling them first.
STEP 2:Place vegetables on a piece of aluminum foil. If you want to add eggplant, tomatoes, onions, etc. this is the time to do it. Youll want to use a piece of foil thats big enough for the vegetables to kind of spread out. I dont like them to be more than about 3-4 layers of veggies.
STEP 3: Cut 2 Tablespoons of butter into three or four pieces and set butter pieces on top of zucchini. Sprinkle with seasonings.
STEP 4: Bring the edges of foil together and fold over three times to seal the packet. I usually use one big piece of foil and bring the sides up and fold together. Today, I used two pieces of foil Either way works. Just make sure its sealed tightly.
STEP 5: Cook foil pack on the grill. This recipe is really versatile so the cooking temperature and time can vary. And you can cook them until the squash is tender/crisp or well cooked. We like it cooked until its pretty soft. I always cook the packets right along with my meat at whatever temperature the meat is cooking. Youll need to adjust cook time if the zucchini is cut in bigger chunks. Here are a few suggestions on cook time, but remember all the factors we just talked about!
How To Grill Zucchini
Grilled Zucchini!; If I had to pick one go-to vegetable for the grill I can never spell right the first time, it would be zucchini.; With minimal prep and a fast grill time, zucchini is a great vegetable for any meal.
My enjoyment of zucchini is strange seeing it is a member of the cucumber and melon family and neither cucumbers or melons rank high on my food like list.; Maybe if I grilled the melon…
While there are many different ways to prepare zucchini for the grill, I have a;preferred method:
- First, take a zucchini and slice it into lengthwise sections, no more than a ¼ in thickness.
- Next, rub both sides of the zucchini slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and your choice of fresh herbs;;
- Lastly, grill the zucchini over direct medium heat approximately 2 minutes a side, turning once.
And there you have it! Simple, delicious grilled zucchini;that pairs well with any one of our other meat recipes like Smoked Beer Can Chicken or Grilled Kabobs. Find more veggie;recipes;like this zucchini and summer squash;recipe and learn more about;mastering fruits & veggies. There are a ton of great;grilling tips & techniques in our blog so you can learn how to grill like a real grill master.
Recommended Reading: Why Is My Weber Grill Not Lighting