How To Grill Ribs Fast
Although its preferable to cook ribs for several hours over a low fire, its possible to prepare them more quickly over a charcoal fire. It helps if you use baby back ribs, which are leaner and cook more quickly as a result. You can also speed the process along by par-cooking the ribs beforehand in boiling water or the microwave.
Dont Miss: Temperature For Pork Chops On Grill
Hot And Fast Ribs Recipe
Here are the steps I used to cook these ribs on my BBQ42 Charcoal Grill. I’m cooking 6 racks of baby back ribs. They should take a total of 2 to 2-1/2 hours to cook.
- Season the ribs with Meadow Creek Black Pepper Brisket Rub or your favorite rib seasoning.
- Fire the grill with 20 pounds of charcoal briquettes . Mound the charcoal in the center and light half of the coals with a propane torch. Use a garden hoe or shovel to mix the coals and spread them evenly. Toss in several chunks of smoking wood.
- Set the flat grate in place on the grill.
- Close the lid and top vents and adjust the bottom vents to 1/2″ open. After 15 minutes, check the temperature and adjust the bottom vents as needed to stabilize the temperature at roughly 275 degrees F.
- Arrange the ribs on the grate meat side up and immediately close the lid. You don’t want to give the fire too much air. Check on them every 15-20 minutes to make sure the bottom sides are not charring too much.
- After 1 hour, flip them to meat side down to keep them from burning on the bottom before they are done. Close the lid and only open it to check them every 10-15 minutes to make sure they are not burning on the meat side.
- Once they have the color you are looking for on the meat side, flip them back to meat side up, glaze the tops, and close the lid.
- Remove them from the grill when they are tender or reach 200 degrees F between the bones. Slice and serve.
What About the Smoke Flavor?
Charcoal mixed and spread evenly in the pan.
Fall Off The Bone Bbq Ribs Recipe
Posted on Last updated:
Grilled low and slow yields Fall off the Bone BBQ Ribs, brush with a tangy bbq sauce for lip-smacking deliciousness. Be forewarned, make a double batch of these bone tender ribs after making these dozens of times there are never any leftovers. Perfect for grilling season or any time you want easy entertaining!
This Fall off the Bone BBQ Ribs Recipe will amaze you at how simple and how little time it will actually take you to make them. Seasoned with just a few ingredients These grilled baby back pork ribs work with or without barbecue sauce!
This easy BBQ ribs recipe is ideal for entertaining you can spend about 15 minutes prepping the ribs, then put them on the grill to cook.
More time with your family and very little clean-up. Sounds like a win/win in my book.
After reading this youll have the tips to know how to make ribs tender and guaranteed way for fall off the bone baby back ribs!
Don’t Miss: Temperature Of Grilled Pork
The Best Beef Ribs On A Charcoal Grill
If youre a fan of beef ribs, youll love the sweet, smoky flavor of the ones well help you prepare on your very own charcoal grill. Even if youve never attempted to prepare them this wayor never experienced the joys of a charcoal grill at allour step-by-step guide will turn you into a pro in no time. Which is fortunate, because once youve tried them this way, you may find yourself making them over and over againparticularly if you invite friends and family over.
You May Like: Traeger Ler Fix
How To Start A Charcoal Grill
- Remove the grates and open any vents
- Pile in the charcoals and arrange across the barrel
- Carefully squirt lighter fluid all over the unlit charcoal and let it sit for 10 minutes or so
- Light the charcoals with a match and when the flame dies down put the grill grates back on
- Adjust the vents to reach a temperature of 250°F
You May Like: Romano’s Macaroni Grill Ceo
How Long To Grill Ribs
Place the ribs bone side down over the direct heat and close the lid. Set your timer for 35-45 minutes.
Once the 45 minutes is up, flip the ribs so that the meat side is down. Cook them meat side down for 15 minutes.
Your total cook time is about 60 minutes.
As I said, it doesnt matter what kind of ribs you have. Baby back, St. Louis style, they all cook the same when you do it this way! Simply maintain that 350 degrees and youre good to go!
After 45 minutes to 1 hour of grilling, your ribs should be right around 203 degrees F. internal temperature. Ideally, theyll get to 205 degrees F. but 203 is perfectly acceptable!
After the 60 minutes is up, sauce the ribs again and crank the heat to high .
Char up the BBQ sauce on each side for a few minutes and double-check your temperature.
Thats how to BBQ ribs on the grill, the right way!
How To Cook Smoked Baby Back Ribs On A Charcoal Grill
You can smoke baby back ribs on whatever grill, smoker, or pellet grill you have. For this recipe, David uses his Weber Performer kettle-style grill. This grill is ideal for grilling and smoking anything you want. Its easy and simple to use and doesnt cost a fortune for someone whos just starting out with smoking meat.
Read Also: Pork Chops Gas Grill Temperature
Baste The Ribs And Continue Cooking
- Remove the ribs from the grill and from the rib rack and lay them on a large rimmed baking sheet. At this point, to maintain the heat, add about 10 unlit briquettes to the bed of burning coals and leave the lid off while you mop the ribs . Lightly brush the ribs on both sides with about half of the mop. Carefully put the ribs back in the rib rack, again all facing the same direction but this time turned upside down so that the parts that havent browned as much will get more exposure to the heat and smoke. Return the rib rack to the grill over the drip pan, again turning the bone sides toward the coals. Close the lid.
- Let the ribs cook until the meat shrinks 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the ends of at least several bones, 2 to 3 hours more, and then check them for doneness . During this time, the fire should slowly lose heat, but if it falls below 250°F, add 5 to 10 unlit briquettes to maintain a temperature between 275º and 300°F. Also during this time, baste the ribs occasionally with the remaining mop . You may not use all the mop.
Begin Cooking The Ribs
Set the rib rack on the cooking grate over the drip pan, with the bone sides of the ribs facing the coals. Let the ribs smoke for 45 minutes. Check every 10 minutes or so, and if the temperature rises above 325ºF, close the top vents halfway otherwise, leave the vents completely open. If the temperature drops below 250ºF, add 5 to 10 unlit briquettes to the fire. After the ribs have cooked for 45 minutes, drain the remaining wood chips and gently spread them over the coals . Close the lid. Let the ribs smoke 15 minutes more for baby backs, 1 hour 15 minutes more for spareribs. During this initial cooking, prepare the mop and sauce.
Don’t Miss: How To Prime Auger On Traeger
Grilled Ribs On Gas Grill
Preheat your gas grill to 350 degrees F. and prepare your ribs. Remove the membrane if you wish, add a marinade to your ribs, or even a dry rub. Plain ribs are just fine here, too. Pre-marinated ribs work excellent as well!
Remove the ribs from the refrigerator at least 20 minutes prior to cooking.
Heres where it gets really easy.
Now that you have your ribs sauced, BBQ pellets going, and grill preheated, its time to cook the ribs!
Note: Charcoal users, you may have to refresh your charcoal to maintain the heat.
Using a grill grate thermometer will help.
I have one of these thermometers to measure meat and grill temps at the same time!
How To Cook Ribs On A Charcoal Grill
Smoke the perfect barbecue pork ribs on your charcoal grill with our step-by-step recipe and guide. Cooked over indirect heat and applewood, this smoked rack of spare ribs will rival anything youve had before.
Any good BBQ chef knows his way around a good rack of ribs, but some fall short by thinking they dont have the right equipment. While ribs are traditionally cooked in a smoker or Kamado grill, they can actually easily be made on a charcoal grill as well.
Charcoal grills are often underrated for their flexibility, and unlike their gas brothers, they can actually be turned into brilliant smokers without compromising on that classic smoky BBQ taste.
Todays guide will walk through the steps on how to cook ribs on a charcoal grill.
Need a recipe? Check out our Texas Style Baby Back Ribs
You May Like: Convert Weber Charcoal Grill To Propane
How To Cook Ribs On The Grill
So youre ready to take the dive into the world of cooking ribs on the grill? I promise its easy and youll be obsessed with the finished product. Youll need about 15 minutes of prep time and an hour of cooking time. So, make sure you account for that when planning out your meal!
Youll want your grill preheating to low heat for about 15 minutes before youre ready to throw the ribs on. I use a propane grill, so 15 minutes is all I need. If youre using a charcoal grill, youll need more time for it to preheat, so plan accordingly.
You also dont want to put ribs on the grill that just came out of the fridge, or else the meat might get shocked. So, while your grill is heating up, let the ribs rest on the counter for about 15 minutes.
Cooking Our Smoked Spare Ribs
Every half hour to hour we sprayed it with apple cider and added more chips and charcoal.
One thing we did learn was the importance of keeping the heat LOW.
After about the first hour the heat spiked a bit and sped up the cooking. Our ribs were nearly done at about 2 hours, when they should have taken longer.
We decided to lower the heat and leave them on for just a bit more, to see what would happen. Unfortunately, the ribs got a bit darker than we were hoping.
But, even with the darker color, after 2 1/2 hours we had some incredibly delicious ribs.
Read Also: Buying Propane Tanks For Grills
Do You Grill Ribs Meat Side Up Or Down
Lay the ribs meat side down on the sweet concoction with the meat side down bones up. Return the ribs to the smoker and continue to cook for another 2 hours or so. When the meat has pulled back and exposed the bone about 1/4 inch the ribs are done. Remove the ribs from the foil and sauce or glaze them at this point.
To Precook Or Not To Precook
The rationale behind pre-cooking ribs is to tenderize the meat before it hits the grill. Then the grilling portion of the cooking process is more to add the char and adhere the sauce to the ribs. But is it necessary? If youre making side ribs, then yes, its a very good idea. As mentioned earlier, side ribs tend to be tougher than back ribs and benefit from some low-heat cooking to tenderize the meat.
Pre-cooking back ribs is optional it can make for an exceptionally tender rib, but it can be bypassed if youre not interested in cooking for hours. Do not precook country-style ribs if you intend on grilling them or they will be very dry.
Read Also: Traeger Power Requirements
Cook Until Ribs Fall Off Its Bone
Ribs should not come away from the bones. Ribs that fall off are just overdone.
It happens at bad restaurants whose ribs come apart in the unusually extended waiting period of time before being served.
When you pull, the meat must softly come free from rib bones, but it never should fall off its bone. Rib meat that has fallen off mushy and lacks substance.
Should I Wrap My Ribs In Foil When Grilling
Wrapping the meat in foil will limit the amount of smoke on the surface of the meat thus yielding a better color and flavor on the final product. It also adds moisture and speeds up cooking time. Wrapping should be done about half way through the cooking process or when internal meat temp is 150-160 degrees.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Pork Loin On Grill
Variations For The Best Fall Off The Bone Bbq Ribs Recipe:
- Serve these with or without sauce. This Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce is our favorite BBQ Sauce! The sauce goes on at the very last minute, if you put the sauce on too early, the sugar/ brown sugar will cause over-browning/burning.
- Ive included a recipe for a tangy BBQ sauce that you can make while the ribs are cooking, but if you dont want to go to the effort, buy your favorite store-bought one and brush them on in the last 15 minutes of cooking so they get a nice char.
- This recipe uses baby back ribs, but it will work with any kind of ribs although you will have to adjust the cooking times.
- Alternative to grilling them ribs can be made in the oven. Bake at 275°-300° for 3- 3 1/2 hours. Lemon Blossoms also has an excellent recipe for BBQ Ribs in the Oven with Bourbon Peach BBQ Sauce
- Want a variation for the dry rub? Here is a simple dry rub recipe in this recipe for Beef Ribs Recipe here!
Smokin Good Recipes Grilling Inspiration Weber
Drain the wood chips and place on top of charcoal. Fire the grill with 20 pounds of charcoal briquettes .
Bbq ribs on a weber grill an easy howto recipe recipe. 3 small blocks of mesquite or hickory wood .
Baby back ribs roasted weber charcoal grill smoker smoked. After the grate heats up a bit, clean any debris off the cooking surface with your grill scraper.
Best on the block baby back ribs weber grill recipes. Although he is only cooking one slab of ribs there is enough room on the grate to easily handle two.
Competitionstyle ribs in your backyard grilling. Apply a binder to the beef ribs such as mustard or hot sauce.
Gobluebbq indirect cooking on a charcoal grill smoke. Drain the wood chips and place on top of charcoal.
How to clean a charcoal bbq grill effectively with. Fire the grill with 20 pounds of charcoal briquettes .
How to cook ribs on a charcoal grill recipe how to. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes on each side.
How to keep charcoal grill at 225f grilled ribs. He is using a pile of charcoal banked on one side of the grill and cooks the ribs on the other side of the grill.
How to make bbq ribs on a charcoal grill how to make bbq. How long does it take to bbq ribs on a propane grill?
How to make barbecue ribs on a charcoal grill barbecue. How to cook ribs on a charcoal grill:
How to smoke barbecue pork ribs barbecue pork ribs pork. However, there are a few subtle differences.
Don’t Miss: Infrared Grill Grates Cleaning
Recommended Side Dish Recipes With Grilled Ribs
If youre going to the trouble of cooking ribs on charcoal, you may need some equally delicious side dishes to go along with it!
Our recommendation is to place additional smash potatoes on the empty area on our plate, as well as a large quantity of slow-baked beans and a delectable homemade coleslaw salad!
Cooking Costco Ribs On The Grill
How To Cook Costco Ribs On The Grill? Are you a Costco ribs fan? If yes, this article is especially for you. After in-depth research on the Costco ribs, we provided you with the best recipe for Costco ribs. This blog will cover how to cook Costco ribs on the grill and oven and Traeger.
But before we understand the recipe, it is essential to understand what is actually the Costco ribs. So, Costco ribs are not just about the bones they are different from the other ribs because they contain a good amount of meat. Costco ribs are delicious due to their slightly sweet and smoky flavor. One important thing to remember while cooking Costco is that you always have to cook it on a low flame. In case it is not cooked on the low flame, the meat over them will get hard.
Now, lets understand the food recipe that can give your weekend barbeque party a new look.
Read Also: How Long To Grill Beer Can Chicken
You May Like: How Long To Cook Bone In Chicken Thighs On Grill