How To Grill Thick Cut Pork Chops
1 Prepare and marinate the pork chops. Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Then brush them with avocado oil or olive oil lightly. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
2 Prepare the grill. Heat up your gas grill to a temperature between 350-450 degrees F. Somewhere around 400F seems to work best, though the grill may fluctuate. Make sure the heat is stable before adding the pork chops.
3 Grill the pork chops. Because you greased the pork chops, there is no need to brush the grill grates with oil. Add seasoned pork chops to the hot grill over direct heat, then brush a generous amount of BBQ sauce on one side. Let them cook for 6 minutes, then flip over and brush the other side with BBQ sauce. Cook for another 6 minutes.
4 Tent & Serve. Remove from the grill and add a piece of foil on top. Let the pork chops rest for 5-8 minutes before slicing and serving. Top with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
Preparation And Storage Tips:
- Prepare a batch of the seasoning blend in advance, so that the pork chops only require a few minutes of actual hands-on prep before they go on the grill.
- Store leftover grilled pork chops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Wrapped tightly, the grilled pork chops will last in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- How to reheat grilled pork chops: Place the pork chops in a dish and cover with foil. Warm in a 350 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes, or just until heated through. Be careful not to overcook them, or they will become tough and dry.
- You can grill pork chops from frozen, but you will need to increase the cooking time by about 50 percent. Again, use a meat thermometer to know when the pork is done.
How To Grill Pork Chops
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin and ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
Here are a few ideas for how to customize your rub:
- Smoky: Substitute smoked paprika in place of regular paprika.
- Spicy: Add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to rub mixture.
- Sweet: Add 3 tablespoons brown sugar to rub mixture.
Step 1: Brine the pork.
To create the brine, combine salt, sugar and 2 cups water in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat. When the salt and sugar have completely dissolved, take the pan off the burners. Then cool the brine down to room temperature by adding 2 cups of ice water.
Place the pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag and carefully pour in the cooled brine. Seal the bag, pressing out as much air as possible. Gently turn it over a few times to coat the chops in the liquid. Place the brining bag in a 13×9-in. baking dish and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
Test Kitchen Tip: Set a timer on your watch or phone to remember to retrieve your pork chops. If the meat sits in the brine for longer than 12 hours, it risks becoming salty and tough. Remember the motto: Rise and brine. Start this step in the morning so your pork will be ready just before suppertime.
Step 2: Add the rub.
Test Kitchen Tip: Check that each pork chop is completely dry before adding the oil. The less moisture there is on the surface of the meat, the quicker that satisfying golden-brown crust will form.
You May Like: How To Clean Porcelain Grill Grates Char Broil
What Temperature Pork Should Be Cooked To Eat Safely
For years, cooks have been told to cook pork until well done, resulting in a dried out piece of meat nobody wants to eat. No more!
According to recent changes in the USDA guidelines, it is safe to eat pork cooked medium rare. Cook the pork chops to an internal temperature of 140°F and still barely pink inside, then rest for about 5 minutes for the residual heat will continue to cook and raise the internal temperature.
For thin cut, bone-in pork chops about 1/4 inch thick, cook over direct medium-high to high heat for a total of 3-5 minutes, with the lid closed, turning once.
For 1-inch thick boneless pork chops, cook for 8-12 minutes over direct heat turning every 3-4 minutes or until well grill marked with the lid closed. Add another 5 minutes resting time for the juices to set in the meat.
If cooked properly, the pork chops will release a bit of juice as they rest, a sign theyre still nice and juicy on the inside.
How Long To Cook Boneless Pork Chops
Im a visual learner, so instead of boring you with the ins and outs, heres a simple chart to help you gauge how long to cook pork chops.
- ¾-inch thick: 810 minutes
- 1-inch thick: 1012 minutes
- 1½-inch thick: 1416 minutes
Again, time is just part of the equation when grilling pork chops. Temperature is the ultimate gauge of whether you pork chops are cooked through or not. Instant read thermometers are a saving grace when it comes to grilling.
Make sure to tag me or comment below if you make these grilled boneless pork chops!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can click the button on any of the photos, or the red button on the side bar or below the recipe. Happy cooking!
Also Check: Can I Sell My Gold Grill
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Buy Weber Grill Parts
Is It Better To Grill With The Lid Open
When you cook with the grill open, youll more effectively get a crispy, perfect-Maillard-reaction caramelization on the outside of the meat without overcooking the center. So, they can hold up to the heat chamber the lid creates, and in fact, the lid will help thicker cuts of meat or vegetables cook more evenly.
What To Serve With Grilled Pork Chops
We ate our pork chops with my favorite mashed potatoes and some peas tossed with a the leftover compound butter I had. Let me tell you, this was a dinner made in heaven! I would be proud to serve this to any guest, even in-laws. Here are some more of my favorite sides you can serve with your pork chops:
You May Like: Traeger Ler
Trick For Perfectly Cooked Pork Chops
- Pork is considered safe to eat at 145 degrees F. Its internal temperature will continue to rise as the pork rests, however, so if you wait until your pork chop hits 145 on the grill, it will be overcooked by the time you eat it.
- I prefer to pull pork from the grill when it reaches 135 degrees F, covering it, and letting it rest for 10 minutes to let the carry over cooking finish the job and the meats juices to reincorporate. This method yields perfectly cooked, juicy pork every time!
Ninja Foodi Grill Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
Posted on Last updated:
Juicy grilled pork chops right in the Ninja Foodi Grill! If you love grilled pork chops you have to try my Ninja Foodi Grill Juicy Grilled Pork Chops!
The name of this recipe says it all. Grilled pork chops that are cooked perfectly, marinated, and juicy as can be!
Recommended Reading: Can I Convert My Propane Grill To Natural Gas
How To Know When Pork Is Cooked
The most important factor juicy pork is to not overcook. Grill pork according to the heat and times in this recipe for best results.
Here are a few ways to tell if pork is cooked:
- Internal temp: The easiest and most accurate way is to check with a quick-read digital meat thermometer. The internal temp should reach 145 degrees to be safe.
- Visual check: Cut into the center of the pork with a knife. It should be slightly pink for medium.
How Do You Make Grilled Pork Chops
To grill pork chops, first make a marinade by whisking together olive oil, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, lemon zest, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl. Place your pork chops in the bowl and let them marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Preheat a grill to medium heat. Place the pork on the grill and listen for that satisfying sizzle. Grill the chops until golden brown and cooked through. Add a sprinkle of parsley and youll be ready to eat!
Read Also: How To Marinate Shrimp For Grilling
Can I Make Quick And Easy George Foreman Grill Pork Chops With Bone In Pork Chops
Oh absolutely. A bone-in pork chop will help ensure a juicy chop without overcooking and impart a little more flavor to the meat. Simply increase your cooking time on the preheated George Foreman grill to 8-10 minutes. Start checking the internal temperature at 8 minutes. No one likes an overcooked and dry pork chop.
If you are slightly more health-conscious, stay true to the recipe and use the boneless center-cut pork chops. This is a leaner cut and will decrease your calorie count.
Is Indoor Grilling Safer
You may have read that outdoor grills can produce chemicals that increase your risk of certain cancers. And the smoke from burning coals and dripping fat just add to the danger.
Think about it — using an indoor electric grill eliminates the burning coals, the smoke, and the dripping fat that cause those nasty flare-ups.
Recommended Reading: Camp Chef Woodwind Wifi 24 Vs Traeger Pro 575
Tips For Making Grilled Pork Chops
Pork chops are a pretty straightforward meat to cook on the grill, but I have a few tips for you that will help ensure your chops come off the grill perfectly cooked and totally juicy.
- Two-zone grilling. Use two-zone heat on your grill to achieve juicy, perfectly cooked pork chops with that slightly charred grilled flavor.
- Keep an eye on temperature. Invest in a good meat thermometer to monitor your internal temperature so you dont overcook the pork.
- Make sure that pepper is freshly cracked! When mixing up your grilled pork chop rub, try using freshly cracked black pepper for a brighter flavor.
- Dont poke the meat! Dont stab your pork chops with a fork or cut into them while they are still cooking. Youll let a lot of the juices out of the meat.
- Remember to rest. As soon as your pork chops reach the correct internal temperature, remove them from the grill and let them rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving. This will help stop the cooking process and redistribute the juices through the pork chop.
How To Grill Pork Chops On The Ninja Foodi Grill
We love our Ninja Foodi Grill around here. We use it about every day. There is something VERY convenient about having that grill taste without having to go fire up our big grill.
So when I was thinking through the foods we like to toss on it for a quick meal, I knew I needed to share how to grill pork chops with you guys. One of the questions I get from people the most is how to keep pork chops from drying out regardless if you slow cook, electric pressure cook, air fry or grill them.
Also Check: Can I Convert My Weber Propane Grill To Natural Gas
Grilled ‘fusion’ Pork Chops
Combining Indian and Asian ingredients, these are some of the best pork chops we’ve eaten!
Provided by INDIGOKING
- In a bowl, stir together soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and ginger.
- Place pork chops in a glass dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over chops. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct heat and lightly oil grate.
- Place chops on the grill. As they cook, sprinkle with garam masala. Cook about 10 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.9 calories, Carbohydrate 3.5 g, Cholesterol 87.3 mg, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 30.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 1098.9 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
Expert Tips And Tricks
- Make sure your grill is properly heated before adding the pork. Test by flicking a bit of water on the grill. If it sizzles and evaporates immediately, it’s ready.
- For beautiful grill marks, leave it alone and don’t move it around after placing it on the grill. It will release easily when it’s done on that side and you’ll see clear grill marks.
- For diagonal grill marks, rotate the meat 45 degrees.
- Be sure not to heat your grill too high. The marinade contains sugar which can easily burn.
Don’t Miss: Cleaning Char Broil Infrared Grill
Easy Grilled Pork Chops
- 2 center-cut boneless pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4? thick
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Total time: Author: Jason
1. Brush the pork chops with EVOO on both sides. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper. Set the chops aside while you preheat the grill. Additional seasonings of your choice can be added at this point.
2. Preheat your George Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes on high. Grill the pork chops with the top closed for 4 minutes. Check the temperature with a meat thermometer inserted into the center. You are looking for a minimum internal temperature of 145°F for medium and up to 160°F for well done. Continue to grill if necessary.
3. Remove the chops to a cutting board or plate and rest it for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides. Suggestions follow the recipes.
Three Steps To Juicy Pork Chops From The Grill
Read Also: Where Is Serial Number On Weber Grill
Boneless Vs Bone In Pork Chops Which Should I Use And Does The Cooking Time Change
These are both center cuts and the cooking time is the same for each. Boneless chops will be less juicy but have more meat per pound. A bone-in rib chop can have more flavor due to the extra fat. There is another benefit of the extra fat: while grilling the fat will smoke up and infuse smoky flavor into the meat.
Pro tip: I like to grease the grill grates with vegetable or olive oil for most meats to prevent sticking. This is not required for bone-in pork chops since the fat cooks off and helps lubricate the grill.
Pork Chops On An Indoor Contact Grill
We LOVE our GeorgeForeman indoor contact grill.I purchase a boneless pork loin and have it cut into a roast or two and have the remainder cut into half inch thick chops that weigh about 5-6 ounces each. A couple hintsdontpress down on the grill and press out the meat juices, and less is more when itcomes to grilling time, for tender juicy chops.These take about twice as long on your regular grill or in a grill pan.Zesty Grilled Chops for 2Pork Chop Willy’s Grilling Rub for Pork Chops(the original recipe uses 1/4 tsp. onion powder
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Pellet Grill Out There
How To Grill Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
You dont need much to make juicy pork chops, just good quality chops, canola oil, and your pork chop seasoning of choice .
Sprinkle the pork chop seasoning on lightly oiled pork chops, making sure to coat both sides well. Allow the rub to rest into the chops as the grill pre-heats so the flavor seeps into the pork chops before searing on the grill and sealing in flavor.
Then, its just a matter of throwing the pork chops on the grill and letting them cook through. You want to turn the chops just once while theyre on the grill.
How Does An Indoor Grill Work
Electric grills work like electric stovetops. They have an element embedded into the cooking surface, heating it up when its turned on. The element covers the entire grill, so you may find you enjoy the even heating of an electric grill more than an outdoor grill. When the unit is turned off, the surface continues to stay hot for a short period. Because indoor grills dont produce an actual flame, theyre safe for indoor use.
Also Check: Where Are Pit Boss Grills Manufactured