Best Steak Marinade For Grilling
In this particular grilled steak recipe, were using our favorite grilled steak marinade. Its made with some of our favorite ingredients. Heres what you need:
- garlic: minced garlic is such an amazing flavor for pretty much any marinade.
- Worcestershire sauce: Worcestershire sauce is tangy with a punch of vinegar and its so necessary.
- balsamic vinegar: balsamic adds a hint of sweetness with too much sweet.
- lemon juice: a little citrus goes a long way and really brightens up this steak marinade.
- olive oil: olive oil will help keep things nice and juicy.
- lemon pepper: I love that you get the traditional pepper flavor, but also a lemon zest punch with lemon pepper.
Ingredients For The Perfect Steak
Salt and cracked black pepper are your best bets when it comes to seasoning your steak. For beginners, getting to know what levels of these seasonings to apply will make you a wiser chef. They let the flavor of the meat really come through before you add any extra.
Always remember: the meat is your main ingredient. You should never overpower the flavor of the meat by overseasoning.
Once you’re comfortable with the basics, the world is your oyster. Marinades and dry rubs come in an endless variety. From punchy Cajun spicing to Korean flavor-bomb marinades, there’s so much to discover.
Most of all, buy a good quality steak.
Look for good marbling as this will add flavor and juiciness. It melts as you grill, keeping the meat tender and delicious.
Don’t sweat the small stuff. Many of the best steaks in the world don’t use anything more than the basics as seasoning. But if you want to get creative, there’s a whole world to choose from.
A Perfect Oven Grilled Steak Recipe
Oven Grilled Steak is a foolproof and easy way to make a juicy steak in the oven. Use this simple trick roast in the oven, THEN sear on the stovetop to create the perfect steak thats caramelized, juicy, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
This is how we do grilling off-season because, Im craving steak. This is huge in my world because Im not all that into red meat. I kinda like lots of veggies. And chicken.
Besides, look at that hug in a skillet up there. Its a juicy pile of comfort food and Im really into it. But I also just made a batch of cookies and Im really into those, too SO
I always thought that searing the steaks before popping them in the oven was the way it should be done, but I was proven otherwise. Searing the steaks right when they come out of the oven is a kitchen hack Im glad to have finally learned.
Also Check: Seasoning For Ribeye
Recommended Reading: Rusted Grill Burners
The Best Steak For Marinades
While the effects of marinades are often debated, we can all agree that prime steaks like T-bone and strip steak are best salted, peppered, and cooked to temperature. All other steaks benefit from a marinade to help with flavor and tenderness. This marinade is ideal for flank, flat-iron, and tri-tip steak. Smaller steaks like skirt and hanger work well, but make sure you double up on the steaks or reduce the amount of marinade for this recipe.
You May Like: Larrys Steaks Menu Rising Sun
What To Serve With Grilled Steak
Baked Potato in Foil: there is nothing better than steak and potatoes! Try our baked potato in foil recipe. Cook it on the grill or in the oven. The choice is yours.
Foil Pack Potatoes: These foil pack grilled red potatoes are an easy side to add to any bbq. All you need to do to make these grilled potatoes in foil is toss them in olive oil, spices, and create foil pack!
Grilled Asparagus In Foil: Jump into asparagus season with the easiest and yummiest way to eat it. Make Grilled Asparagus in foil for a 20-minute side perfect for all types of eaters!
Butter Lettuce Salad: This butter lettuce salad has a combination of vegetables, fruit, nuts, cheese, and is drizzled with a simple lemon vinaigrette. Everything on a bed of tender butter lettuce makes a perfect and delicious salad.
Foil Pack Peach Crumble: Its made with juicy peaches tossed in maple syrup and a yummy crumble topping, making it a gluten-free fruit crumble and a healthy dessert recipe for the summertime!
Recommended Reading: Grease Stain Removal From Concrete
The Best Ribeye Steak On The Grill
There are a few things I look forward to more than grilling ribeye steak, and this is coming from a person who loves recipes on the grill. What could be better than a perfectly grilled steak you can make right at home in minutes?
- Budget-Friendly: One of my absolute favorites is this inexpensive It is so tasty and an amazing value!
- Budget-Friendly:London Broil is also a great cut that my family loves every time I make it.
- Splurge: When I want to splurge or impress family and friends, the best beef tenderloin recipe is my go-to!
Believe me when I say you don’t have to go out to an expensive restaurant to enjoy a high-quality grilled steakhouse steak. This grilled ribeye steak recipe, complete with the best compound butter for steak, is the key!
I will show you how to grill a steak on the gas grill so decadent and tender, you will want to skip the steakhouse and make your own grilled ribeye all the time. My family can’t get enough of this ribeye recipe, it is truly one of our favorite steak dinner recipes!
The compound butter for steaks takes this recipe over the top! Pair this recipe with a side of delicious Elote and Strawberry Shortcake for dessert for a memorable meal!
How To Make My Steak Juicy And Tender
You May Like: Char Broil Infrared Grill Cleaning Tool
What Cut Should Make The Cut
One of the best things about steak is that from the time it hits the grill to the time it lands on the plate isnt too long especially for those who prefer their steak rare. Steaks with nice marbling those striations of white fat cook up perfectly succulent. That is because fat means flavour. So when youre looking at the butcher counter, opt for one of these:
Ribeye: Lots of marbling along with larger pockets of fat makes these steaks great for the grill. Preheat the grill with two burners on medium-high, and two that arent on at all a two-zone fire. Sear the steaks for a few minutes per side to get those delightful sear marks, then move them to the off side to finish cooking. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the perfect temperature of 125°F / 50°C. Rest for 10 minutes. The high heat will melt the fat and keep this steak super juicy.
Strip Loin: This cut, sometimes called a New York strip, is leaner than rib eye but still has plenty of beefy flavour. Season simply with salt and pepper, then sear them over direct high heat for 4 to 6 minutes per side. Rest before serving.
Skirt Steak: Similar to flank, skirt steak needs to be approached the same way. Marinate it before grilling to medium rare, rest and slice.
How To Cook Steak On Grill
Also Check: Grilled Halibut Internal Temperature
Dont Use Lighter Fluid Or Charcoal Briquettes If You Can Avoid It
According to Prentiss, Always avoid lighter fluid if possible, and while convenient, charcoal briquettes can add an unpleasant kerosene flavor to meat grilled meats and should be avoided. If a wood/natural lump charcoal fire is unavailable or too inconvenient, propane grills will ultimately yield a better steak than charcoal briquettes and lighter fluid.
The best way to go, however, is hardwood or hardwood lump charcoal. Natural solid fuels add the most flavor to steaks while complementing their natural flavors instead of overpowering them, says Prentiss. At P+P we use seasoned oak logs and a hardwood lump charcoal made from mesquite, this yields us a consistent fire with minimal smoke that burns around 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
How To Grill A Steak On A Grill Pan
- Let the steak come to room temperature + preheat the oven before you do anything else, pull your steaks out of the fridge, set them on a plate, and let them come to room temperature. This is the time when youd go ahead and dry brine your steaks if youre going that route. Go ahead and preheat the oven to 375°F so that its ready to go once your steaks are seared.
- Season the steaks + preheat the grill pan if you didnt dry brine your steaks, go ahead and simply season them before cooking them. Then, preheat your grill pan over high heat on the stovetop.
- Add the ghee + grill the steaks once the grill pan is nice and hot, add a tablespoon of ghee, let it melt, and place the steaks on the pan to sear for about 3 minutes. Then, flip the steaks, add them to the preheated oven, and let them finish cooking for anywhere from 4-10 more minutes
- Let the steaks rest, then serve and enjoy let your steaks rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into them, then serve them next to your favorite sides and enjoy!
You May Like: Temperature For Pork Loin On Grill
How To Cook Steak On Pellet Grills
Cooking a steak on a pellet grill can be as easy as using the pellet grill for any other meat. However, procedures can be slightly different depending on the beef cut you choose and the level of doneness you want to accomplish.
As long as you do the following steps, youll have better chances of producing the perfect steak you crave.
Salting Early Pays Off
You might have heard the warning that you shouldnt salt meat too far in advance of cooking because it can draw out moisture. Its true that salt draws moisture towards itself, but over the course of 20 to 30 minutes thats a good thing, because the salt begins to dissolve into that little bit of moisture.
When the steak hits the hot cooking grate, the sugars and proteins in the moisture combine with the salt and other seasonings to create a delicious crust. Any moisture you might lose is well worth the flavor of that crust.
Recommended Reading: Weber Grill Spare Parts
How To Cook Strip Steak In The Oven
- Be sure your steak is completely thawed.
- Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before grilling.
- Set oven for broil and preheat 10 minutes.
- Season steaks as desired we recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning.
- Place steaks on the rack of a broiler pan. Position broiler pan in oven so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, according to the times listed below.
- For the perfect medium-rare steak, broil in the oven for 10-12 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 12-15 minutes for a 1½ inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.
- Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil. The temperature of the meat will continue to rise for as much as 5°F during this time . The final temperature will read 135°F.
- Resting steak is also important because the heat of cooking pulls the juices in the meat toward the surface if you slice into it immediately after cooking, those flavorful juices will end up on your plate, not in your steak. Allowing your steak to rest will give the juices time to sink back in and throughout the meat, keeping it moist and flavorful.
The No 1 Tip For Grilling
One of the most important things for the perfect grilled steak is that you cook it on high heat with a quick grill time. This is the secret to getting that perfect flavorful crust with the juicy flavors inside that is reminiscent of any steakhouse visit.
This post will show you the best way to grill steak perfectly in a variety of methods, including the grill, BBQ, Air Fryer, and Instant Pot. The tips and tricks included make this foolproof, so even grill novices will be grilling steak like a pro.
PS You can also learn how to make Grilled Chicken Tenders, delicious Grilled Whole Chicken how to grill Lamb Steaks too.
You can whip this up for all your summer bbqs, campfire meals, backyard parties, and any time you want a satisfying dinner all year long. And when you serve it alongside some delicious Grilled Baked Potato and some herbed butter youll be enjoying the best steak dinner ever, IMHO.
Read Also: Best Temp For Pork Chops On Grill
Get Your Steaks Ready Before You Grill Them
Gabriel Bucataru / Stocksy United
Cooking steaks involve more than just taking the meat out of the fridge and slapping it on the grill. You could do that, but if you want to enjoy the perfect steak, you’ll get better results if you understand a few basic guidelines for how to prep your steaks for the grill.
The first thing you’re going to want to do is take the steak out of the fridge and let it sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. At this point, you can also preheat your grill, and trim any excess fat from the steaks. But don’t trim it all off. Leave about 1/4 inch of fat all the way around.
Dont Start Without A Super Hot Grill
Be sure to let your charcoal fully catch and heat up before attempting to grill on it, about 20-30 minutes, says Prentiss. Your fire should have a bed of red hot coals, high, even heat across the grill, and minimal flames and smoke.
A hot cooking surface is extremely important to caramelize the outside of the steak and secure in the flavor, says Jayawardena. This method will give you a crispy on the outside, yet moist and tender on the inside steak.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Cook Salmon Patties On George Foreman Grill
Top 3 Grilling Steak Tips
Clean And Season Your Grill
Make sure your grill is clean and seasoned with a high-heat cooking oil before you get started. In order to avoid flare-ups, you don’t want too much excess oil, which can affect the taste of your steak. Brush the grates before and after use so that it’s unsullied and ready for your next grilling adventure.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Hamburger Patties On George Foreman Grill
Dont Forget To Let The Steak Rest
Cooking the steak to ten degrees below your desired temp and then resting it allows for the collagen in the meat to thicken the juices as it cools slightly, says Prentiss. This creates a way juicier steak than just cooking straight to temp.
Sharp agrees. Let it rest. This is crucial, he says. Just because the steak is out of the pan doesnt mean it stopped cooking. Keep it in a warm placeyou don’t want a cold steakand rest it for about as long as you cooked it.
Chef Carlos recommends allowing the steak to rest for half the cooking time before servingso if your steak takes 10 minutes to cook, youd let it rest for five.
If youre not able to keep the steak warm while it rests, or you want to eat it quite hot, Prentiss recommends returning the steak to the grill after its rested and bringing it up to the internal temperature of your preference before eating.