How To Make Pork Tenderloin Marinade
You can season a pork tenderloin with a spice rub, or give the meat plenty of flavor from a quick marinade. This recipe takes advantage of a sweet-and-savory marinade to tenderize the meat, add flavor, and help caramelize the outside .
Best Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
Pork chops are a simple cut of meat that is ideal for marinating and then char-grilling. They are so good and grilling is my favorite way to cook them! With the bone-in and seasoned with lots of garlic, savory flavors, and a dash of honey. Then grilling them to juicy, tender, finger-licking good perfection!
And this recipe is so simple! You can easily make it ahead of time. With little to no prep at all, its the perfect quick and easy main dish. Once you make the 3-minute 5 ingredient marinade and then let the flavors meld into the pork chops for about 30 minutes, they only take about 16 minutes to cook!
Grilled pork chops are a fantastic option for a weeknight dinner or a weekend backyard BBQ! Just add a few sides like my Potato salad, Mashed Potatoes or Coleslaw. Or, my Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables and Cauliflower Rice if youre trying to keep it extra healthy, low carb, or keto!
Is Pork Tenderloin Healthy
As it is a lean cut with minimal fat, this part has health benefits, too. It is also rich in phosphorus, potassium, and protein. According to the USDA, 100 grams of raw meat can have 20.95 grams of protein.
How many calories are there in grilled pork tenderloin?
A serving of about 85 grams has 125 calories only!
Also Check: Where Can I Buy Rec Tec Grills
Tips For The Best Pork Tenderloin Marinade
- A single pork tenderloin is typically just 1 lb. of meat, making it an appropriate amount of food for 2-4 people . If youre feeding a larger family of 4-5, I recommend doubling all of the ingredients and cooking two tenderloins.
- Prep ahead by stirring together the marinade up to 3 days in advance, and marinating the pork overnight. This makes weeknight dinners quicker and easier!
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that your tenderloin is cooked perfectly every single time.
- Enjoy this simple marinade on chicken or pork chops, too!
Tips & Frequently Asked Questions For Cooking Pork
- I used Makers 46 for the bourbon in this marinade. That is Chicken Legs bourbon of choice, so we always have a bottle in the house. You can use your favorite bourbon or whisky in the marinade. Just make sure you enjoy whichever brand you choose. You will get some of the bourbon flavors in the meat. You dont want to eat something that you dont enjoy.
- When cooking pork tenderloin, it is important to remove the silver skin on the side of each pork tenderloin. The silver skin is a silvery-white sheen membrane on the pork tenderloins. It is a thick connective tissue and it doesnt break down when the pork is cooked. I use a knife and carefully cut it off. If you dont remove the silver skin, you will have a tough uneatable area on each tenderloin.
- For a gluten-free pork dish, make sure to use a gluten-free Worcestershire sauce.
- Can Pork be pink? Yes! It is perfectly SAFE to eat pink pork. Pork needs to have a minimum internal temperature of 145ºF. We like to cook it on the higher end of medium-rare and let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing. It only takes about 15 minutes to reach 145ºF, depending on how big your pork tenderloins are.
- To cook the pork inside, pan sear the pork for 2 minutes on all sides. Place the pork on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 400ºF for 10 to 12 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Pull the pork out of the oven at 145ºF and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
You May Like: How Long Do You Cook Pork Chops On The Grill
How Do I Keep The Pork From Sticking To The Grill
Pork chops will let you know when they are ready to be flipped by releasing themselves from the grates of the grill. They do this as the char lines form. So just be patient and let the pork tell you when its ready. If its still sticking that means you just need to give it another minute or two. Its also important to always oil the grates of your grill before cooking and start with a clean grill.
Why You Should Be Grilling Pork Tenderloin
- So flavorful: looking for a flavorful way to cook pork? This is it. The combination of the dry rub, marinade, and charred grill marks make this pork so flavorful.
- Healthy: is pork tenderloin healthy? The answer is yes! Its high in protein and lower in fat.
- Inexpensive: lucky for you, pork tenderloin is a pretty inexpensive cut of meat.
- High protein: per serving this recipe has 32g of protein.
Don’t Miss: How To Marinate Pork Chops For Grilling
Tips For The Best Juicy Pork Tenderloin
- Before adding the pork to the marinade, reserve a few tablespoons of marinade to brush on the pork during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Dont heat the grill or pan too hot or the outside of the pork may burn before the inside is cooked through.
- To tell when pork is done, use an instant read thermometer to measure the internal temperature in the center. Pork should be cooked to at least 145° F and then allowed to rest for at least 3 minutes before serving. For best results, try not to overcook the meat. Pork tenderloin can be a little pink in the center and still be done.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving. During the rest time, the pork will continue to cook a bit due to carryover cooking. The juices will redistribute throughout the meat so that your pork turns out juicy and tender.
Pork Tenderloin Marinade Variations
While this recipe is delicious as-is, you can add other ingredients to customize it to your tastes.
- Spicy: Add crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the marinade to taste.
- Asian: Use a blend of olive oil, toasted sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Omit the parsley, thyme, lemon zest and Dijon mustard.
- Mexican: Use a blend of olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and onion powder. Omit the thyme, lemon zest and Dijon mustard.
You May Like: What Is The Best Electric Grill On The Market
How Long To Grill Pork Tenderloin
On a medium-high grill, plan for 8-12 minutes to grill your pork tenderloin. It really does cook quickly with direct heat, so it needs to be monitored closely. Place the marinated pork tenderloin on clean grill grates and rotate sides every 2-3 minutes until an internal meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove from the grill and tent with foil for 5-10 minutes while you finish making the beer and mustard glaze.
One quick tip as youre grilling pork tenderloin: I recommend having a cool zone on your grill. That way, if your tenderloin is getting too dark on the outside and the interior isnt finished yet, you can move it over to the cool side of the grill. Then you can close the lid and allow the tenderloin to finish cooking without adding more char to the exterior.
How To Freeze Pork Tenderloin
You can freeze the uncooked marinating pork tenderloin or cooked pork tenderloin:
- To freeze pork tenderloin in the marinade: add the pork tenderloin to the marinade in a sealable plastic bag, squeeze out excess air and immediately transfer to the freezer. Freeze for up to 3 months. When youre ready to use, the pork will marinate as you thaw the pork in the refrigerator. After its thawed, dont let it marinate for longer than 12 hours.
- To freeze the cooked pork tenderloin: let the pork tenderloin cool completely then transfer it to an airtight container or plastic freezer bag and squeeze out any excess air. Freeze for 2 to 3 months.
Recommended Reading: How To Fix Lobster Tails On The Grill
Grilling Asian Marinated Pork Tenderloins
Heat BBQ to medium-high heat and brush some oil on the grill. Place your tenderloin, close the cover and grill about 10 minutes per side, for a total of about 20-25 minutes.
Try not to overcook your tenderloins! Brush with extra marinade after each turn, or heat leftover marinade in a pan until simmering, and serve with pork.
Remove from heat and tent loosely with aluminum foil allowing the meat to rest for 5 minutes allowing the juices to return back to the meat and finish cooking. Slice and serve!
Enjoy this marinade? Give these other recipes a try!
Pork Tenderloin In The Oven Or Bbq
I have converted my family over to the amazing world of pork tenderloin. We bought the packs at Costco and it was on like Donkey Kong from that moment on. I knew that I wanted to barbecue them up instead of using my oven in the summertime heat and let’s face it, there’s nothing like that BBQ flavour when it comes to cooking up pork tenderloin.
Also Check: Where To Buy Charcoal Grill
Can I Make This In The Oven Or Slow Cooker
I still recommend marinating for a few hours to get all of that flavor. Simply bake for 17-20 minutes at 400 degrees F if youre using the oven, or on low for 4 hours in the slow cooker.
If youre using the slow cooker to make this tenderloin recipe, you can even dump in some or all of the marinade to keep the pork moist while it cooks.
How To Season Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is very low in fat which means it does not have a lot of flavor built into it. By using dry rubs and marinades you can really amp up the flavor of your grilled pork tenderloin!
- Pork Tenderloin Dry Rub: we loooove this pork tenderloin dry rub and have included it in the recipe card below!
- Pork Tenderloin Marinade: this marinade would be good on pretty much anything!
Also Check: What Weber Genesis Grill Do I Have
How To Marinate Pork Chops
ONE: Add all the ingredients for the marinade in a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine completely.
TWO: Place the pork in a large ziplock bag or sealable container. Pour the marinade over the pork to cover.
THREE: Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
FOUR: When ready to cook, remove the pork and marinade from the refrigerator. Let the pork sit so the chill is taken off . Cook pork chops as desired to an internal temperature of at least 145F.
For the full recipe and detailed baking instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post.
How Long Can You Marinate Pork Or Chicken In Pineapple Juice
The marinating time depends on if you are using fresh or canned pineapple juice. Fresh and canned pineapple juice contain different levels of bromelain, digestive enzymes, which tenderize and soften the tissues in the meat.
- If you use fresh pineapple juice, you will only want to marinate chicken or pork for 1-2 hours or else the bromelaincan soften the protein too much, making it mushy.
- Canned pineapple juice still contains bromelain but significantly less because some of it is lost in the canning process so you can marinate meat for longer without it becoming mushy. Marinate pork tenderloin for up to 12 hours, chicken breasts for up to 12 hours and bone-in chicken thighs for up to 24 hours.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Tri Tip On Grill
Pork Tenderloin Marinated In A Sweet And Tangy Hawaiian Marinade With Only 10 Minutes Of Hands
This marinated pork tenderloin recipe is simple to make, quick to cook , tantalizingly juicy and will whisk your taste buds away to the tropics! Its ideal for an easy prep-ahead dinner or stress-free entertaining because the marinade literally does all the work, leaving you with melt-in-your-mouth pork and hardly any cleanup! The pork tenderloin is marinated in an intensely flavorful mixture of pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, Asian sweet chili sauce, ketchup, ginger and garlic, then cooked to succulent, juicy perfection complete with a smoky, caramelized charred crust. Your family will lovethis marinated pork tenderloin withcoconut rice,grilled corn on the cob and pina colada fruit salad for the ultimate tropical feast.
The Difference Between Pork Loin And Pork Tenderloin:
Pork tenderloin, a smaller cut that generally weighs about 1 pound, is not cut from the same part of the animal as the larger pork loin. Since pork tenderloin is naturally lean and tender, it does well when cooked quickly at high temperatures. By contrast, pork loin lends itself well to slower roasting or grilling techniques. For more details about these two different cuts of meat, check out this article.
How To Purchase Pork Tenderloin
- Pork tenderloin is commonly sold in twos. Pork tenderloin can be sold as individual tenderloins but is more commonly sold in individual packages with two tenderloins per package. Most roasted or grilled pork tenderloin recipes will use both of these pork tenderloins in the recipe. Each tenderloin weighs roughly ¾ to 1½ pounds, so if youre not sure if your package contains one or two tenderloins, just look at the weight.
- Purchase pork tenderloin that is NOT packaged in a rub or marinade. We are going to marinate the pork tenderloin ourselves, so you want to start with a blank canvas so we can control the flavor.
- Purchase pork tenderloin in the meat section of your grocery store. I usually purchase my 2 pack of pork tenderloin at Costco which costs about $15 per package, a fabulous price to feed the entire family a restaurant worthy dinner.
- The sooner you cook your newly purchased pork tenderloin, the fresher it will be. Uncooked pork tenderloin will keep for two to three days in the refrigerator, but the sooner you use it, the better. If storing longer than three days, transfer the pork tenderloin to the freezer for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator 24 hours before using.
How To Make The Best Pork Tenderloin Marinade
1. Start by placing all of the marinade ingredients in a large measuring jug. Whisk well until everything is evenly combined.
2. Trim any visible fat off your tenderloin, then place it in a large zip-top bag together with the rosemary sprig. Pour the marinade on top.
3. Remove any excess air from the bag, then zip it close. Spend a minute carefully massaging the marinade into the meat, then place it in the fridge for at least one hour, and up to 3 days.
4. Once ready to cook, remove the tenderloin from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Discard the bag and remaining marinade and prepare the tenderloin to your preference!
Read Also: Do Traeger Grills Go On Sale
Do I Need To Remove The Silverskin Before Cooking
The silverskin is part of a sinew on one side of the pork tenderloin and looks like thin, silvery fat. Some packages of pork tenderloin will come pre-trimmed and ready to go, but most likely you will need to trim it yourself before cooking. You technically can leave the silverskin on , but it can become tough and chewy when cooked.
To remove the silverskin, slip a sharp knife in between the silverskin and the meat to create a tab. Angle the knife so the blade is facing toward the silver skin way from the meat. Hold the tab taught while you cut the silverskin with a sawing motion until its cut free.
Gas Grill Vs Charcoal Grill
Wondering which kind of grill you should use? Either works for this recipe. We prefer a gas grill because it heats up faster and you can monitor the temperature more precisely.
For those of you who love charcoal, we understand why! Using a charcoal grill adds that smoky charred flavor that only a charcoal grill can provide.
Don’t Miss: How Much Are Diamond Grills
The Sauce Is What Makes This Recipe The Best The Grilled Pork Tenderloin Marinade Is A Combination Of Molasses Whole Grain Mustard Vinegar And Some Seasoninggrilled Pork Tenderloin Marinade
The flavors are spot on and the vinegar really helps keep the meat tender and juicy.
If I know that I dont have a lot of time prepare dinner, I will make the marinade ahead of time and store it in the fridge. Then, when Im ready to start making dinner, Ill marinate the pork while I let the grill preheat. This really helps cut down on prep time.
Best Grilled Pork Tenderloin On The Internet
This is truly the best grilled pork tenderloin recipe out there. We did a two-step flavor process of both dry rubbing and marinating so that it comes out extra flavorful, but still super juicy and tender on the inside.
We love that pork tenderloin on the grill is such an easy and inexpensive dinner idea. Not to mention, the entire family will absolutely adore this.
Recommended Reading: Can I Hook Up My Propane Grill To Natural Gas