Best Ingredients + Amazing Savings
If you havent been to ALDI in a while, its time to revisit. Did you know ALDI is updating almost all their stores in the USA?
There are five ALDI stores within 30 minutes of me All of them have been updated in the last couple of years. The oldest store was completely rebuilt from the ground up!
Thats serious dedication to the customer experience.
Im always amazed at how much money I save at ALDI. For instance, two hundred dollars usually fills up about half my cart at the regular grocery store.
At ALDI I can leave with an entire cart full of groceries for the same amount!
What To Put On A Burger
Pile your grilled hamburgers high with any of your favorite toppings! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, or mayonnaise
- Sliced red onions or caramelized onions
- Sautéed mushrooms
- American cheese or Swiss cheese
- Crispy fried bacon
How Do I Make Cheeseburgers
Once your burgers are done to your liking, youare welcome to add cheese directly to the hamburger patties, or you can make mytoasted cheddar buns.
Irecommend a good melting cheese such as cheddar, American, pepper Jack, Swiss,or mozzarella.
Toadd cheese, place a slice of cheese on top of each patty then cover the skilletuntil the cheese has melted, about 1 minute.
If youre cooking your burgers on the grill, thenwait until your burgers are almost done, then add the cheese directly on top ofeach patty. Close the lid of the grillto melt the cheese.
Recommended Reading: Rusty’s Bar And Grill Menu
Tips For Making A Butter Burger
The Mix: For the best distribution of the butter into the patty, freeze the butter beforehand, then grate it using the small grating surface of a box grater.
The Patty: Dont overly work or compress the patty. Doing so will make the burger have a tougher bite than youll enjoy. Spend as little time manipulating the burger into a patty shape as necessary.
The Buns: Use a pastry brush to lightly coat the buns cut side, before toasting them in the pan or on the flat top over medium heat.
The Cup: Using your thumb, press a small indent into the center of each burger. This will prevent the burgers from cupping during the cooking process.
How Do I Make Burger Patties
- First, add an egg to a large bowl and whisk. We want to whisk the egg first because wewant to handle the mixture as little as possible.
- Next, add ground chuck, panko, shallot, garlic,Worcestershire, oregano, smoked paprika, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix just untilcombined. Dont overmix or youll havetough burgers.
- Divide the meat into 4 equal sections. You can use a kitchen scale to make sure theyare equal, but I just eyeball it.
- Roll each section into a loose, big meatball, but dontcontinue to roll once it takes shape. We dont want it too compact or overworkedor youll have a hard burger.
- Flatten the ball with thepalm of your hand. This will likely makethe edges crack, so just push them back together. Try and make the patties a little larger than your bun becausethey will shrink while cooking.
- Make a 1/2 indentation in the middle ofeach patty with your thumb or the back of a measuring spoon. This will help theburgers cook evenly.
You May Like: Can Weber Grills Use Natural Gas
Can You Bake Them In The Oven
When you bake hamburger patties, you must use high heat so an exterior crust forms. Set the oven to 450 degrees F and place a baking sheet in the oven so it gets hot like a griddle. Once hot, transfer the patties to the hot pan. If making thin patties, bake/roast for 2-3 minutes per side. If making thick patties, bake/roast for 5-6 minutes per side.
How Do You Keep Burgers Moist After Grilling
If you have a lot ofhungry mouths to feed all at once, it might be a better and less stressfuloption to prepare your burgers in advance.
You can cook yourburgers on the grill or stovetop and keep them warm and moist for up to threehours using this method.
Recommended Reading: Does Lowes Sell Blackstone Grills
How To Make Perfectly Grilled Burgers Every Time
- Tip #1: Pick your favorite cut of beef: For burgers, I like to go with 85/15 or 80/20. Most burger chefs and avid connoisseurs will tell you 80/20 but the dietitian in me creeps in and says hey, theres nothing wrong with 85/15! And there really isnt as long as you dont overcook it, season it properly and top it with all the goods, youll still be in burger heaven.
- Tip #2 Chill the patties: Keep the patties in the fridge until youre ready to cook. Putting cold patties straight on the grill will help you achieve that juiciness on the inside of the burger, and it also helps the burger patties stay together rather than falling apart.
- Tip #3: SEASON! Grab that kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper and season those burgs! Yes thats right, you dont need anything special, just good ol s and p. I recommend forming your patties first, then generously seasoning both sides of the burgers. Many years ago when I was studying how to make the perfect burger, I dissected my favorite restaurant burger to figure out why it was so darn good. And come to find out, I just needed to add a bit more salt and a lot more freshly cracked black pepper. If you think youve added enough pepper, go ahead and add a bit more. You simply wont regret it.
How To Grill Burgers
Hamburgers are easy to grill but can have two problems: a burned exterior and a raw center. Follow Kingsford’s how to grill guide to make perfect burgers every time.
Let’s get grilling
Its critical to start with the right type of meat. Dont skimp on the fat. Look for a mix of 80-percent lean beef and 20-percent fat for a juicier, more flavorful burger. Although ground chuck is standard, you can also opt for flavorful ground brisket or ground short ribs. Season with salt and pepper, but use a gentle touch, as over-mixing or compacting the ground meat will result in dense, firm burgers.
The ideal burger patty size is about six ounces roughly between the size of a baseball and a softball. Once the ball is formed, flatten it out in your hands or on a cutting board until its about three-fourths of an inch thick and circular in shape. Put a slight indentation in the center of the patty, as this keeps the patty from swelling up and becoming too round during cooking. You can also choose to maximize crispiness and surface flavor by grilling thinner patties, and stacking two in each burger. Refrigerate the patties until ready to cook.
Once the burgers are seared, reposition the burgers so that they are no longer directly over the coals, place the lid atop the BBQ and continue cooking until they reach the desired temperature. Its always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to confirm doneness.
- salt and pepper to taste
Also Check: What Charcoal Grill Should I Buy
The Ingredients In These Grilled Burgers
- Ground beef is the entire point of burgers. For the best flavor, choose ground beef thats 80-85% lean. The fat content is important to achieve juicy burgers. Fat also carries flavor and will result in a better-tasting burger.
- Beef bouillon is a secret way to increase the natural beef flavor in the burgers. Personally, I look for the Better Than Bouillon brand beef base. This product is created in a stock that cooks beef with some vegetables. Its then condensed to create rich beef bouillon.
- Dried minced onion provides instant onion flavor without any crunchy raw onion. Raw onion in burgers often doesnt fully cook on the grill, so this is a great alternative.
- Neutral oil, such as grapeseed, canola, or vegetable oil, is an oil that has no flavor. Personally, I use avocado even though it does impart a bit of flavor. A little bit of oil provides richness to the meat and helps the burgers not to stick to the grill.
- Salt is one of the most important ingredients. It seasons the meat and brings out more flavor than any other ingredient. Once the burgers are placed on the grill, make sure to salt the outside of the burger as well.
Summer is the time for grilling and grilling is for burgers. A good burger recipe will be with you for life and be used time and again. This recipe is simple, carefree, and full of flavor. I guess itll be with you for life!
Do I Need Oil To Cook Burgers
There is no one answer to this question, as the use of oil or fat in cooking burgers can depend on a number of factors. Some people believe that oil is necessary for proper cook-out, while others do not think it is necessary at all. Ultimately, the decision whether or not to use oil or fat will come down to personal preference.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Make Grilled Chicken
What You Need For The Best Beef Burgers
Grilled burgers are the perfect picnic or large gathering food. Skip the frozen burgers and make your own for the best tasting!
- 80/20 Ground Beef: Make sure your beef is cold and not at room temperature.
- Garlic cloves: Freshly minced will give the best flavor.
- Minced onion: Dried minced onion will give tons of flavor without the bulk.
- Worcestershire sauce: This is a must in homemade burgers, it adds the best umami flavor.
- BBQ sauce: Gives a bit of sweet, a bit of tang and heat all in one.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste:
- Buns: Because homemade burgers deserve the best Homemade buns!
Things To Consider When Grilling Burgers
Its also important not to over-handle the burgers once theyre on the grill. Flip them just once and take care when you move them so the burgers dont get squished. Never flatten the burgers with the back of your spatula. This just presses out those fantastic juices and doesnt help you get any better char marks.
Read Also: How To Grill Ribeye Steak
Tips For Grilling Burgers:
- For all beef patties, 80% lean is the most common choice. We like ours lean and keep the burgers moist by mixing in barbecue sauce and minced onion. This also adds tons of flavor.
- Make burgers the same size by measuring each portion with a ½ cup dry measure for ¼ pound patties.
- Burgers really should be cooked to 165°, a digital thermometer is super handy for making sure your burgers are done.
- Check out our How to Grill Burgers recipe for more tips and inspiration.
When To Toast The Buns
Im a toasted brioche bun kind of girl. They are rich with butter and sturdy enough to hold all of my fixings and my burger, but also they squish down and are easy to bite through.
Whichever buns you prefer, butter the top and bottom of the bun, and then plop them on the back of the grill, out of direct heat, until they are golden. Start toasting the buns when you have a minute left on the patties.
You May Like: What Is The Best Indoor Electric Grill
We Tested All Sorts Of Methods For Mixing Shaping And Grilling Backyard Burgers And Even Talked With Grilling Expert Steven Raichlen Here Is Our Take On The Perfect Grilled Burger
Eating Well,SaveurBon AppétitGritNew Prairie KitchenEpicurious
Grilling season is upon us, and this year Ive decided to master the art of Americas summertime grilling favoritethe hamburger.
My aim: a burger that is easy to throw together on a weeknight, flavorful enough to stand up to the person who adds every condiment known to mankind to his or her burger, and yet balanced enough to satisfy the minimalist burger eater .
What Makes The Best Burger
A good hamburger recipe is made up of a couple of different sections that all work beautifully together. One doesnt overwhelm the other and you get a perfectly juicy and balanced burger. For the Best Grilled Burger, Im going to break down each of these sections so you can have summer grilling success!
Don’t Miss: What Pellet Grill Gets The Hottest
How To Make Fresh Corn Salad With Scallions & Basil
Begin by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. I also usually throw a few tablespoons of sugar into the water to ensure that the corn is sweet .
The key is to barely boil the corn to keep it super crisp a few minutes is all it takes. Refresh the corn under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Place the corn on a clean dish towel set over a cutting board, then use a serrated knife to cut the kernels of the cobs.
Try to keep the chunks of corn intact it looks pretty and shows that you used fresh corn. Use the dish towel to transfer the kernels to a large bowl.
Add the white wine vinegar, vegetable oil, scallions, salt and pepper.
Right before serving, toss in the fresh basil.
Toss well, then transfer to a serving bowl.
How Long Do You Bake Hamburgers In The Oven At 350
Do you bake hamburgers in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for as long as necessary to achieve a perfect, tender burger. The answer is yes, and no, depending on the recipe. Some recipes call for up to an hour in the oven while others only require a few minutes. Ultimately, it all depends on how you cook your hamburgers.
Read Also: How To Clean Your Grill Before Grilling
Best Cowboy Burgers Recipe
Dad will love this combination of rich savory flavors mixed with spicy peppers and sweet barbecue sauce.
The crispy fried onions on the top provide the perfect amount of crunch to contrast the tenderness of the patties. Plus, you dont have to make them from scratch, so that saves time.
These cowboy burgers are an absolute winner.
They are easy to make at home, yet taste just like they came from a gourmet burger joint.
Dad will be impressed!
Size Matters With Burgers
Some people like the idea of a huge hamburger patty spilling out over the edges of the bun, and some believe it should be a perfect fit . But no one wants a burger thats smaller than the bun.
To correctly size your patties to fit on your buns, make your burgers about 1-inch thick at the edges, and one inch larger than the bun.
This takes into account the inevitable shrinkage that happens during cooking.
Recommended Reading: What Temp To Cook Burgers On Pellet Grill
Cajun Burgers With Spicy Rmoulade
Purists might tell you that burgers need to be 100% beef, but we see no problem in grinding up some spicy andouille sausage with the chuck to make extra-flavorful patties. We keep the Cajun theme going by topping the burgers with bell pepper, onion, celery, and a spicy rémoulade. Blue cheese isn’t Cajun, but the little bit of funk it adds here doesn’t hurt.
Grilled Hamburger Recipe Variations
- Toast the hamburger buns. This is personal preference, but a toasted bun is a nice finishing touch. Slice the buns in half, slather them with butter, and toast them in a toaster oven, on a griddle, or on the back of the grill away from the direct heat.
- Swap out the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken. Just make sure that you’re using turkey or chicken with a decent amount of fat . If the meat is too lean, you’ll end up with a dry, tough burger.
- Try different seasonings. For instance, you might like to season the meat with this all-purpose house seasoning blend, with a bbq rub, or with garlic powder or onion powder.
- Double the ingredients to make 12 patties, or cut the ingredients in half for just 3 patties.
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Grease From Grill
How Do I Grill Burgers
Greasegrill then heat to medium-high heat. Once hot, place the burgers on the grill directly overthe heat so they arent touching. We want to make sure there is enough room in betweenthe burgers so they grill and dont steam.
Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the bottom, about 4-5 minutes. Youll know to flip the patties when you see liquid pooling on the uncooked surface. Dont push down on the burger while grilling or you will lose juices and cause flareups. If flareups happen, move the burgers away from direct heat until the flames diminish.
Flip the burgers over only once then continueto cook until golden brown and slightly charred on the second side. It willtake 4-6 minutes depending on desired doneness. If the outsides get charredbefore the burgers reach desired temperature, move the burgers away from the directheat, cover, and continue to grill cooking until they reach the desiredtemperature.