Spicy Cowboy Bacon Burgers Ingredients
- Ground Beef I used premium organic grass-fed beef from ALDI. You can buy it in family packs for an amazing price. We love the flavor of the grass-fed ground beef from ALDI it doesnt taste gamey like some brands. And its such a great deal!
- Bacon Buy thick-cut bacon so when you dice it you have nice little cubes.
- Jalapeños I used fresh, but you could also use diced pickled jalapeños.
- Grill Seasoning Use a seasoning blend meant for grilling. ALDI makes one just for burgers!
- Hamburger Buns I used soft brioche buns with shiny tops. Yet regular hamburger buns are fine as well.
- Sliced Cheese If you cant handle the heat, you can buy cheddar slices. Or spice it up with peppery cheese!
- Lettuce Butter lettuce leaves.
- Tomato Fresh ripe slices.
- Pickles Dill or hamburger pickles.
- Barbecue Sauce Pick something sweet and smoky. I like Burmans Texas-style BBQ sauce from ALDI.
- French Fried Onions Salty, crunchy, and packed with onion flavor.
Guess what! I found all the ingredients I needed for this Spicy Cowboy Burgers Recipe at my local ALDI store!
Best Cowboy Burgers Recipe
Dad will love this combination of rich savory flavors mixed with spicy peppers and sweet barbecue sauce.
The crispy fried onions on the top provide the perfect amount of crunch to contrast the tenderness of the patties. Plus, you dont have to make them from scratch, so that saves time.
These cowboy burgers are an absolute winner.
They are easy to make at home, yet taste just like they came from a gourmet burger joint.
Dad will be impressed!
How To Season Burgers
A big burger deserves big flavor, but that doesn’t mean you need to go bananas with the seasoning. When you’re working with high-quality meat, sautéed onions mixed into the patties just aren’t necessaryand that goes double for raw onions. Other things to leave behind: egg, bread crumbs, cumin, garlic powder, taco seasoning, etc. It’s not a meatloaf, people!
Two seasonings you should incorporate: salt and pepper. Avoid mixing these seasonings into the burger meat, however, since adding salt to ground beef prematurely can toughen it. Instead, season the patties with ample kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper after theyre shaped and right before you plan to take them out to the grill.
Recommended Reading: How To Grill Squash And Zucchini In Foil
Best Bbq Burgers Ever
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together well.
- Fire up the grill.
- Using the yumms! Premium Burger Press, form 4 perfectly shaped burgers patties.
- Grill the patties for 12-14 minutes turning once. Do not push down on burgers or you will wind up with a dryer burger.
- About a minute or two before you are finished cooking, brush the tops of the burgers with a little more barbecue sauce.
- Remove from grill and serve on buns with any toppings you desire!
Secret Ingredients For The Best Juicy Burger Recipe
With grilling season in full swing, what better way to celebrate than with the perfect juicy burger recipe? This one is simple. Good juicy burgers are not about complexity.
What does make this juicy burger recipe special is two secret ingredients. Can you guess what they are?
Olive oil and Worcestershire sauce! Who knew? Its almost like a burger marinade, but they go in with the meat.
Surprisingly, I actually like to use relatively lean ground beef for making the best juicy burgers. Mainly its because the organic brand that I like comes in these ratios. It actually doesnt matter, as long as the meat you use is nice and fresh.
With this juicy burger recipe, youd never guess they are lean. Mixing olive oil and Worcestershire sauce into the meat prior to cooking locks in the moisture and flavors amazingly well.
As for seasonings, I like to keep it simple with sea salt, black pepper, and a little garlic powder. Feel free to add other spices if youd like!
The salt is actually the most important from a flavor perspective. A good rule of thumb is to use one teaspoon per pound of meat. I first read somewhere that this was Julia Childs recommendation for meat, and shes right!
Of course, there is more to the best juicy burgers than the ingredients. The preparation is actually the most important part.
Read Also: How To Work Charcoal Grill
The Best Ground Beef To Buy
taste of hometaste of home
You cant make a great grilled burger without tasty beef. Sure, you can dress-up ground beef with Worcestershire and garlic powder, but the seasonings arent the star of the burger: The beef is. So skip the bargain-bin and buy the best quality beef you can afford. That might be grass-fed beef if you prefer meatier, pastoral flavors, or grain-finished options if you like a sweeter, richer taste.
When it comes to fat content, youll also want to take a pass on lean offerings. The best-grilled burgers weve had are juicy and rich, and that comes from fat. Ground beef with 20 to 25% fat is just about perfect, so look for an 80/20 blend. More fat and the burger can fall apart. Less fat and the burger will turn out dry. If your butcher will grind beef to order, ask for a coarsely ground chuck roast, or a mixture of brisket and sirloin.
Diets This Recipe Is Good For
- Gluten-Free: Our juicy burger recipe is 100% gluten-free. In case you are wondering about the Worcestershire sauce, which is also gluten-free.
- Nut-Free: We dont use any almond flour in the hamburger patty mix.
- Egg-Free: Unlike meatballs, we dont use any eggs to hold the mixture together, making it a great egg-free recipe.
- Dairy-Free: There is absolutely no dairy in this juicy burger recipe.
- Whole30 and Paleo: Take out the Worchestire sauce if you want these homemade burgers to be paleo and whole30 compliant.
Also Check: How Long Should Pork Chops Be Grilled
What Butter Should I Use For A Butter Burger
Butter being such a central component to this recipe, its important to use a quality butter with a high butterfat content, like Kerrygold. Kerrygold is pure Irish butter and has a butterfat content of 82%. This is higher than typical American butter, which only contains a butterfat content of 80%.
I know 2% doesnt sound like a huge deal, but in the case of butter its noticeable. Youll notice its a brighter yellow in color than normal butter. The flavor and creaminess are both amplified. Its slightly more expensive but worth it.
How To Grill Hamburgers
Making a foolproof grilled hamburger recipe with just a few simple tips!
Recommended Reading: Weber Genesis Ii S-310 3 Burner Gas Grill
Should I Use A Burger Press
I love using a burger press to form patties because they really do help the burgers cook perfectly and evenly every time.
In addition, youre not pushing down on the meat squashing everything together by hand and I definitely find that leads to a juicer, more evenly cooked burger.
You can get a great burger without the press, for sure.
But can you get the Best BBQ Burgers EVER?
Honestly a burger press is not just good for burgers though they are good for tuna, crab and salmon patties as well.
There are a lot of different things you can do with them.
The perfect shaped patty simply helps them cook up better and more evenly.
You will wind up with a flavorful, juicy gem every time. Just look how perfect those are!
I was able to adjust the press for a ¼ to ½ thick patties, which is nice depending on what I am making.
Plus, I love the idea of buying ground beef in bulk, and making up a big bunch of patties and then freezing them.
This makes it all the easier to do that and then much easier to store them in the freezer.
Ready to make some of your own?
This is as easy as a gourmet burger recipe can get.
Very little prep for a huge burst of flavor in every bite!
Wondering How To Grill Burgers So They Turn Out Full
Grilled burgers are the perfect food for a quick-and-easy weeknight dinner with the familyand the perfect addition to any backyard barbecue. You might find yourself tempted to pick up a frozen package of burgers at the store to pull it off. It turns out its just as easy to learn how to make hamburgers from scratch. Making your own patties is a good way to ensure your burgers will turn out juicy.
Recommended Reading: What Kind Of Sauce Is On Wendy’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Ingredients For Grilling Hamburgers
This is just a quick overview of the ingredients that you’ll need for grilling hamburgers. As always, specific measurements and complete step-by-step cooking instructions are included in the printable recipe box at the bottom of the post.
- Ground beef: as noted above, the best meat for this grilled hamburger recipe is either an 80/20 mix or an 85/15 mix.
- Onion: adds savory flavor and a bit of moisture to the patties.
- Worcestershire sauce: for salty umami flavor. This is a key “secret” ingredient!
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper: to enhance the natural flavor of the meat.
About Ground Meat For Hamburgers
Using 80/20 ground beef is an easy answer. Most of us will start with store-bought ground beef, which is fine. I find ground chuck or sirloin has more flavor than other versions.
Leaner will not be as moist, and you are going for taste here. Do not use “hamburger” meat.
Most burger gurus suggest 20% fat for the moistest, most tasty burger. I think they are right. Fat does taste good.
Shaping & Seasoning Hamburgers
STEP 1: Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
STEP 2: Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
STEP 3: Gently mix the spices into the ground beef. Be careful not to overmix the meat, because that can lead to your burgers falling apart while cooking.
STEP 4: Form the meat into a large patty and place it on a cutting board.
STEP 5: Cut the patty into 4 equal triangles, and then shape each triangle into a hamburger patty. Each patty should be about 6 ounces. Use a food scale to weigh each one to ensure they are all about the same size.
STEP 6: Use either your thumb or the back of a spoon, and press it into the center of each hamburger patty. This ensures it from bulging while cooking.
STEP 7: Place the patties into the fridge until ready to cook.
Ways To Flavor Your Burgers
Once youve mastered the basic burger in the recipe below, feel free to get funky with your flavors.
You can blend different cuts of meat, add mushrooms, anchovies, herbs, or cubes of cheese. Im a big fan of lemon zest in my burgers, because it helps cut the fatty flavor of the beef. Ultimately, the choice is yours. As long as the patty is meaty and juicy, you cant go wrong.
Recommended Reading: Who Makes Cabelas Pellet Grills
Amazing Grilled Beef Burgers
I love everything about summer. The pool parties, vacations, and of course the food! Fresh fruits and vegetables are everywhere and everyone is getting their grills out! Some of the best foods come from over the open flame. From shrimp, to corn and even fruit, grilling just makes heavenly food! These beef burgers are going to be a favorite addition to your grilling recipes.
Do not let grilling scare you, it is so easy and I have all the tips and tricks so you can make the BEST hamburgers Ever! These beef burgers will come out perfectly juicy, full of flavor and grilled to perfection. Everyone loves a good burger, but a grilled burger is epic, and it all starts here! So lets grill!
How To Cook Burgers On The Grill
Set your gas grill temperature to high heat and give it a few minutes to warm up, or prep a charcoal grill for direct heat. Brush off those grill grates to remove any stuck on bits and use a paper towel, tongs, and neutral oil to slick them up so your burgers dont stick.
The total time it takes to grill your burger will fluctuate based on your grill temperature and the size of your burger patties. Whatever your idea of a done burger is, use the timing suggestions below as a guideline for your cookout, not a rule.
- Medium-rare: 67 minutes total
- Medium: 78 minutes total
- Medium-well: 9 minutes total
- Well-done: 10 minutes total
While approximating grill times can definitely help you grill hamburgers to temp, using an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature is the surest way to know that your burgers are cooked to perfection.
- Medium-well: 150°155°F
- Well-done: 160°F
Other than occasionally checking the temperature, leave the patties alone once they hit the grill, aiming for one single flip halfway through the cook time. Resist the urge to press on the patties, which can cause flare-ups and lead to dry burgers, and you won’t be sorry.
Don’t Miss: How To Grill Cod In Foil
Grilled Burger Southwestern Recipes
Most grilled burgers are pretty simple- just grilled meat and some cheese on a bun. Why not experiment with a new filling for your next burger night? Southwestern grilled burgers are a great way to change things up!
There are so many delicious ingredients that you can use to create a flavorful grilled burger. Below, Ive listed some of my favorite grilled burger southwestern recipes. Im sure youll find something that youll love!
How To Top Your Hamburger
- The Basics: Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and cheese are typically offer
- Condiments: Ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise are the most common.
- Make it Extra: Top your burger with just about anything you love! Avocado, BBQ sauce, pineapple, onion rings, guacamole, chili, fried egg, sautéed mushrooms. The possibilities are practically endless!
Like the meat, having a good quality bun is essential to the perfect hamburger, so splurge a little and get the good ones!
Don’t Miss: Can You Grill Lobster Tail
What Is A Butter Burger
Put simply, a butter burger is a burger patty made with butter either in the grind itself or on top of the patty. I prefer to put the butter in the ground beef myself. If youre going to put the butter on top be sure to use this .
I find its much easier to mix the butter directly into the patties with salt and pepper. See my tips below for incorporating butter into the patty.
How To Keep Hamburgers From Falling Apart
I have 3 main tips for keeping your burgers from falling apart.
Don’t Miss: What Size Traeger Grill Should I Get
Shape Those Burgers Right
When forming a burger for the grill, aim for a ¾” to 1″ thickness and a 3″ to 4″ diameter. The burgers will shrink slightly as they cook, so you want the raw patties to skew a little larger than the buns onto which theyll eventually land. Make a small dimple in the center of the pattythis indentation will prevent your burger from puffing up like a balloon, ensuring an even and picturesque patty. Work quickly but gently, and dont compress the patty too much: The enemy of any burger is overworked meat.
A Couple Of Tips And Tricks To Make These Bbq Burgers :
- Remove ground meat, or patties at least 15-20 minutes before ready to grill.
- Never press down on a burger with your spatula. Its tempting, but dont do it. It causes the good juices to squeeze out and causes your burger to be dry.
- Use a medium flame. Its better to do them low and slow to retain the moisture and not dry out your burgers.
- Never overflip. You should only need to flip the burger once. A rule of thumb for medium heat and about ¼ lb. burger, is to cook the first side for about 4 minutes before flipping . Once flipped the remaining side should need roughly that same amount of time until the internal temperature is at least 135 degrees F.
You May Like: How Do You Make Grilled Cheese With Mayo
Cemita Burger With Refried Beans Chipotle Mayo Avocado And Oaxacan Cheese
New Yorkstyle cemitas are filled with lots of meats that aren’t traditional in their Pueblan counterparts, so why not throw a hamburger patty in the mix, too? Make sure your guests come hungry, thoughloaded with refried beans, avocado, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a Mexican herb called papalo, these burgers aren’t for the faint of stomach.