How To Grill Pork Tenderloin On Charcoal Grill
To grill pork tenderloin on a charcoal grill, you will need:
- A pork tenderloin
- Start by seasoning your pork tenderloin with your favorite spices.
- Then, prepare your charcoal grill for cooking by arranging the briquettes in a pyramid formation.
- When the coals are hot, place the cooking grate in place and set the pork tenderloin on top.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes per side, or until the pork is cooked through.
Gas Grill Vs Charcoal Grill
Wondering which kind of grill you should use? Either works for this recipe. We prefer a gas grill because it heats up faster and you can monitor the temperature more precisely.
For those of you who love charcoal, we understand why! Using a charcoal grill adds that smoky charred flavor that only a charcoal grill can provide.
Best Ever Healthy Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Im not lying when I say this is the easiest, Best, Healthiest Grilled Pork Tenderloin youll ever make. The 30-minute marinade consists of pantry staples and the grilling process ensures a moist, tasty, hearty pork tenderloin every time!
- 1 ½-2poundspork tenderloin-see note
- 2teaspoonsminced garlic
- 1 teaspoonItalian herb seasoning blend-or ¼ teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, oregano, and parsley or rosemary
- teaspooncracked black pepper-or a pinch of finely ground black pepper
- Pat pork tenderloin dry with a paper towel.
- Stir together lemon juice, garlic, dried herbs, oil, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, and honey.
- Pour half of the mixture into a large Ziploc bag along with the tenderloin. Press out excess air, seal the bag, and chill for 30 minutes.
Grill the pork
- Preheat grill to medium and oil the grates.
- Using tongs, transfer pork to the grill. Close the grill and cook 15-20 minutes, turning every few minutes to ensure even cooking and brushing reserved marinade over all sides of the pork half way through grilling.
- Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
You May Like: City Grill And Wings Menu Harrisburg Nc
How To Make The Bbq Sauce
I like to make the sauce first so its ready to go when its time to grill the pork.
All you do is combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a pan and simmer it for a few minutes. Then, just remove it from the heat and let it cool.
Tip: You can make the BBQ sauce several days in advance and keep it in the refrigerator. Sometimes I make a big batch because you can use it for other dishes that call for BBQ sauce.
Ingredients For The Best Pork Marinade:
Rice vinegar, liquid aminos, avocado oil, pure maple syrup, garlic powder, and fresh ginger.
I find this combination of flavors yields an otherworldly amazing pork tenderloin. This marinade is also great for steak or chicken!
If you want to change up the marinade ingredients, no worries! You can replace the liquid aminos with soy sauce, use brown sugar instead of pure maple syrup, garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, and/or omit the fresh ginger.
You May Like: Who Has Traeger Grills On Sale
How To Cook Pork Tenderloin On Electric Grill
Place the pork on a side of the grill that does not have direct heat below it, or in the middle of an indoor grill. Poultry should be cooked for about 30 minutes at a time, rotating often, until it achieves an internal temperature of at least 140 degrees. Remove the pork from the grill, cover it with aluminum foil, and let it aside for 10 minutes before slicing.
How To Season The Tenderloin For The Grill
Tenderloin takes flavor very well, so dry rubs and marinades work great.
Just use some salt, pepper, and garlic like my All Purpose Seasoning – 7:2:1 and 7:2:2, but use the seasoning of your choice.
To make it BBQ, brush with a light coat of BBQ sauce for about 5 minutes before reaching your final temperature. Then, a second coat when removed from the grill to rest.If you plan to add sauce, account for that with your dry seasoning.
How to cook the pork tenderloin on the grill?
Grill over direct heat. Rotate the pork tenderloin every 4-5 minutes. Some grillers will recommend indirect heat, but it is not needed.tThe biggest secret about pork tenderloins is that it is not round, flat, or even square. It is a triangle, so there are three sides. So, whether cooking on a grill or in a pan, cook three sides and don’t force it into a shape that is not natural.
What is the grilling time for a pork tenderloin on a grill?
It will take about 25 minutes to grill a 1 ½ pound pork tenderloin. But this will vary with the size and thickness of the tenderloin and the exact grill temperature.Most tenderloins are about 1 ½ pounds. Smaller ones may be as little as 15-20 minutes. Larger ones, about 2 pounds, may take 30 minutes or a bit longer.But always remember to cook to a final internal temperature and never by time.
When is the pork tenderloin done?
You May Like: Who Has The Best Price On Weber Grills
What To Serve With Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is lean and versatile! If you can brave the elements, you can grill pork tenderloin year-round.
Here are a few ideas of what to serve with it:
- Salad. Brussels Sprouts Slaw is a tasty green salad to serve with pork. For a different route, try Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta Salad or Healthy Potato Salad.
- Slaw. Pork and coleslaw are besties. This Healthy Coleslaw is fantastic.
- Creamed Corn. For a true comfort meal, serve your grilled pork tenderloin alongside Crock Pot Creamed Corn.
Pork Tenderloin Vs Pork Loin
This recipe calls for a pork tenderloin, which is different from a pork loin. A pork tenderloin is a long, thin cut of meat that is especially tender after cooking. A pork loin is wider and larger, takes longer to cook through, and, while delicious, is not as tender after cooking. Be sure to buy a 1 to 1.5 pound pork tenderloin for this recipe.
Recommended Reading: Lucky’s Bar And Grill
How To Cook Pork Loin
Dont Miss: Buy Grill Parts
How Long To Grill A Pork Tenderloin: Use The 7
Its so simple! Anyone can cook pork tenderloin this way following these step-by-step directions. We do suggest having a meat thermometer handy to make sure you dont overcook your meat. This is because every cut of meat will cook a touch differently. Let your thermometer will be your guide!
You May Like: How To Grill Burgers On Charcoal Grill
How To Keep Grilled Pork Tenderloin Juicy
Pork tenderloin is a very lean cut of meat. If fact, its considered to be just as lean as a chicken breast. Its lack of fat makes it a smart choice for meat lovers looking to be more health-conscious. However, its lean nature also raises concerns about dryness. This is how to keep pork tenderloin nice and moist:
Use a Marinade
A marinade is a great way to add flavor and moisture to lean cuts of meat like pork tenderloin. Marinades work by breaking down the muscle fibers and connective tissue in meat which tenderizes is and also allows it to better retain moisture. For pork tenderloin, mix up your favorite and pour it over the meat and then let it hang out, covered, in the fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
Let the Tenderloin Rest Before Slicing
This trick isnt just for pork tenderloin. Resting the meat is a practice you should follow for just about any cut. As meat cooks, its juices are pushed out towards the surface of the meat, and some even seep out. When you remove the meat from the grill or oven, you want to give those juices a moment to sink back into the meat and redistribute. If you cut into the meat right away, theyll leak out and youll be left with a tough, dry tragedy on your plate.
For the juiciest meat youll ever cut into, let the pork rest on a platter covered with foil for at least 10 minutes.
Make Sure Its Pork Tenderloin Not Pork Loin
Pork tenderloin and pork loin are two different cuts of meat. Pork tenderloin is very lean, long and narrow usually about 1.25 1.75lbs each. Pork loin is shorter, has a larger diameter and is from a different part of the pig, it also requires different cooking times. So for this recipe, make sure the package clearls says pork tenderloin.
Don’t Miss: Ramsey’s Steak & Grill Delivery
Meat Fire Flavor Do We Have Your Attention We’re Talking All About The Art Of Grilling Perfectly Juicy Pork Tenderloin
Fire up your grills and grab a beerbecause its time to grill up some juicy pork tenderloin. Wait. You say youve never grilled pork tenderloin before? Well, youre in for a treat! Not only is this pork tenderloin ultra-tender, but its also full of flavor thanks to an Asian-infused sweet and spicy marinade. Intrigued? Drooling? Us too.
Keep reading to learn how to grill pork tenderloin step-by-step.
Why You Should Be Grilling Pork Tenderloin
- So flavorful: looking for a flavorful way to cook pork? This is it. The combination of the dry rub, marinade, and charred grill marks make this pork so flavorful.
- Healthy: is pork tenderloin healthy? The answer is yes! Its high in protein and lower in fat.
- Inexpensive: lucky for you, pork tenderloin is a pretty inexpensive cut of meat.
- High protein: per serving this recipe has 32g of protein.
Don’t Miss: Tikka Indian Grill Sioux City
Grilling Pork Tenderloin At A Glance
If you’re just looking for a couple of essential facts, here’s what to know.
- How long to grill pork tenderloin: Grill a ¾- to 1-pound tenderloin over medium-high indirect heat 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Grilled pork tenderloin temperature: An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the tenderloin should register 145°F. Cover with foil and allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Trimming Silver Skin Off Pork Tenderloin
Before we dive into the recipe, lets first inspect your pork tenderloin for pesky silver skin an extremely tough layer of connective tissue common for this cut. If left on, it will make your pork chewy and tough. Heres how to remove it:
- Inspect the Tenderloin: First, lay the tenderloin on a cutting board and inspect it for silver skin. If you dont see a thick layer of shiny skin, your tenderloin was already trimmed. Thank your butcher and skip this process!
- Position the Knife: Using a sharp boning knife, wedge the blade in between the meat and the silver skin .
- Slice the Skin Off: Next, run the blade down slicing the skin off and avoiding cutting any of the flesh. Repeat the process until all the skin is removed.
Recommended Reading: Charcoal Grill Recipes For Beginners
How To Know When Pork Is Done
- The best way to know if meat is cooked properly is to use an instant read thermometer.
- The FDA considers pork safe to eat at 145 degrees F. That said, the porks temperature will continue to rise as it rests.
- I typically pull my pork tenderloin off of the heat once it reaches 135 degrees F. After 10 minutes of resting, it gives me perfect, juicy pork every time. Ive never had it come out underdone.
Pork Loin Vs Pork Tenderloin
Just to clarify, pork loin and pork tenderloin are not the same things. Pork loin comes from the back of the pig, is considerably larger and not quite as tender as the tenderloin. The tenderloin is the muscle that runs along the backbone. Though they are both lean, their size difference makes them poorly suited to substitute for each other in recipes.
Read Also: Can You Air Fry Grilled Cheese
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Tips And Tricks
How long to grill pork tenderloin?
Grill pork tenderloin at 450ºF 500ºF for 2 minutes on each side. Then, turn the grill down to 400ºF and continue cooking for around 10-13 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145ºF.
How do you know your pork tenderloin is done?
You know your pork tenderloin is done once the internal temperature of your pork reads 145ºF, which is medium-rare. DO NOT. I repeat DO NOT overcook your pork!
Can pork tenderloin be a little pink?
Can pork tenderloin be a little pink? Yes, pork tenderloin can be a little pink. However, in order to safely consume it, the internal temperature should be at least 145ºF.
Why do I need to let my pork rest?
Always let your pork rest after cooking so that it can continue cooking . This also helps your meat get super juicy on the inside!
Is it better to bake or grill pork tenderloin?
Both are great options, however grilling pork tenderloin will leave you with super juicy pork on the inside and a charred, delicious outside.
How To Smoke Pork Tenderloin On A Pellet Grill
Heres how to use a pellet grill to achieve smoky pork perfection.
Let’s get grilling
Under cool water, rinse the pork pieces, then pat dry. If the pork has silver skin surrounding the tenderloin, use a sharp paring knife to remove as much as possible without cutting too deeply into the meat. Coat the pork tenderloin with mayonnaise to help the seasoning stick, and season the tenderloin on all sides. Return the meat to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat your pellet grill to 225°F. Once up to temperature, place the thermometer probe into the center of the pork tenderloin, and position the meat at the center of your pellet smoker. Smoke the meat to an internal temperature of 95100°F
Increase the heat of your pellet smoker to 400°F and continue to cook the pork until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F. The pork may hit 140°F before your smoker achieves 400°F, which is fine.
- whole pork tenderloin 1
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Gas Grill To Gas Line
What To Serve With Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, steak rub, etc.
- I don’t recommend marinating the pork in anything containing sugars as it will burn while searing the outside of the pork.
- I like to serve my grilled pork tenderloin with Honey-Balsamic BBQ Sauce or homemade Chimichurri Sauce.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
How Long To Smoke Pork Tenderloin On Charcoal Grill
Smoking meat is a great way to add flavor and juiciness to your favorite cuts of meat. Pork tenderloin is an excellent choice for smoking, as it is relatively lean and cooks quickly. In this article, we will teach you how to smoke pork tenderloin on a charcoal grill. We will also discuss some tips for timing and preparing the meat.
When smoking pork tenderloin on a charcoal grill, it is important to time it correctly so that the meat is cooked through but not overcooked. The general rule of thumb is to smoke the pork for about 1-1/2 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you prefer a slightly more charred or crispy texture, you can smoke the pork for up to 2 hours. However, be sure not to cook it for too long or the pork will become dry and tough.
- Start smoking the pork tenderloin on a charcoal grill by lighting the charcoal and letting it heat up for about 30 minutes.
- Once the coal is hot, place them in the smoker box or in a pile on one side of the grill. Place the pork tenderloin on the other side of the grill and close the lid.
- Smoke the pork for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pork from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Read Also: What Is The Best Bbq Grill Cleaner