How To Make Grilled Pork Chops
Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
Heres hoping this grilled pork chops recipe made for an incredible dinner! Its hard to pass up great food that is fast and easy to make. Let us know what you thought of this recipe in the comments below!
This recipe was originally published in April 2015 . It has since been updated with new photos and tips, but the recipe remains the same.
Grilled Bbq Dry Rubbed Pork Chops
Grilled BBQ Dry Rubbed Pork Chops How to make the perfect grilled pork chop thats not dry as a bone? Follow these tips and tricks to juicy pork chop perfection!
I love pork chops! When done right, theyre juicy and flavorful. Theyre the more savory white meat. If youre trying to be healthier and avoid red meat, pork chops are an essential part of your cooking repertoire, lest you become tired of chicken!
The problem is that pork is really easy to screw up. Just think back to all of the times you didnt enjoy that piece of of tough, dried out pork
Fortunately, over many years of cooking, I have a couple keys to making delicious pork chops.
Don’t Miss: What Veggies Are Good For Grilling
How To Serve Grilled Pork Chops
Your delicious grilled pork chops are excellent with just about any side-dish you have on hand. But, theres one thing that stands out above the rest potatoes. Our recipe for Irresistible Air Fryer Garlic Herb Potatoes is the perfect compliment for our pork chops. Theyre super easy to make and really live up to their name of being irresistible.
Grilled Pork Chops Spice Rubbed And Slathered In Barbecue Sauce Are Juicy Flavorful And So Easy To Make
This How to Grill Pork Chops post will equip you with everything you need to know to make the best grilled pork chops of your life! They are succulent, juicy, dripping with flavor, and a winner with kids and adults alike. This recipefor Grilled Pork Chops, which happens to be one of the easiest proteins to cook, can be made with just a few ingredients in less than an hour so theyre perfect for busy weeknights but fabulous enough for entertaining. To make, the pork chops are brined 20 minutes for maximum juiciness, enveloped in an insanely delicious homemade rub thats slightly sweet, slightly savory, with just the right punch of sassy chipotle heat, grilled to perfection then brushed with your favorite barbecue sauce or my outrageously delicious homemade barbecue sauce. Add a side of baked beans, potato salad, watermelon and grilled corn and your quintessential summer meal is served!
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Sirloin Steak On Grill
Should You Season Pork Chops With Salt
Salting pork chops before grilling is vital since it helps bring out the taste and improves the texture of the grilled meat.
Because pork chops are a harder cut of meat, they can be dry when cooked, although this also relies on the amount of fat used. Quality and intermuscular fat are other important considerations.
When salt is added to undercooked pork chops, the proteins in the meat begin to break down. When proteins break down, they aid in the removal of hardness in the flesh.
Reasons To Love This Grilled Pork Chops Recipe:
- Easy: brine the pork, rub the pork, cook the pork, slather on the barbecue sauce couldnt be any easier or more delicious!
- Foolproof: grilling pork chops isnt complicated at all. Its about following simple instructions such as picking the right cut of pork, generously seasoning and not overcooking. With my step-by-step instructions and a meat thermometer, your grilled BBQ pork chops will emerge second to none!
- Prep ahead: brine and season the pork chops up to 48 hours in advance then grill when ready.
- Nutritious: they are packed with nutrients and protein your family needs!
- Easy to double: this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled by using the up arrow in the recipe card next to the servings.
- Minimal cleanup: summer is all about spending time outdoors with family and friends and not in the kitchen. This recipe allows you just that you can even grill the pork chops next to your loved ones while you chat it up.
- Perfect for every occasion: this Grilled Pork Chops recipe is the answer for an easy, tasty dinner all spring and summer long. Theyre gourmet enough for special occasions such as Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc. but simple enough for a backyard dinner. Grilled pork chops are also typically less expensive than other proteins, so you can enjoy them any night of the week.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Grilled Chicken At Home
How To Grill Pork Chops
Now that you know the ins and outs of this recipe, heres how to cook pork chops on the grill.
Feeling ready to serve up this delicious food for dinner? I can guarantee your family and guests will be mighty impressed.
How Long To Grill Pork Chops
Boneless or bone-in pork chops that are about 1 inch thick will cook for 8-10 minutes. If you are grilling extremely thick chops, the bone will start to affect the timing of your cook. 1 1/2 inch thick boneless pork chops typically cook through in 14-18 minutes and bone-in chops at that thickness can take up to 20 minutes or more.
Although time is a nice guideline for a recipe, the absolute most important factor when cooking pork chops on the grill is to pay attention to internal temperature.
Pork is perfectly cooked through, juicy, and safe to eat at 145 degrees F. Get yourself a good instant-read thermometer to avoid over or undercooking your grilled pork chops. I recommend ThermoWorks products. Theyve always produced a fast and reliable result.
You May Like: How To Clean Grill Rescue
Preparation And Storage Tips
- Prepare a batch of the seasoning blend in advance, so that the pork chops only require a few minutes of actual hands-on prep before they go on the grill.
- Store leftover grilled pork chops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Wrapped tightly, the leftovers will last in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- You can grill raw pork chops from frozen, but you will need to increase the cooking time by about 50 percent. Again, use a meat thermometer to know when the pork is done.
When Utilizing A Dry Rub What Are The Three Best Cooking Methods
- Use them for what their name implies. Dry! Simply rub the spices into the meat and push them in. This will give your steak a lovely crust. And if you mix in a little unrefined sugar, the crust will caramelize a little.
- Add a smidgeon of oil. To make a paste, combine a small amount of oil with the rub and distribute it over your meat. The end result will not be a crusty topping, but it will be flavorful.
Also Check: Where To Buy Rec Tec Grills
Whats In A Pork Brine
This Grilled Pork Chops brine uses just a few pantry friendly ingredients but works magic! A basic brine ratio is ¼ cup of kosher salt per 4 cups of water. It also includes:
- ice cubes: warm water is needed to dissolve the kosher salt in the brine the ice cubes bring the water back down to room temperature so its not too warm for the meat.
- sugar: to add flavor and aid in browning via the Maillard reaction.
- vinegar: helps break down protein bonds which tenderize the meat.
You can also add garlic and fresh herbs but this isnt necessary for this recipe because the pork will be spice rubbed.
benefits of brining pork chops
- creates juicier pork by hydrating the cells
- tenderizes the pork by breaking down muscle fibers
- creates more flavorful pork because the broken down muscle fibers better re-absorb juices
- locks in moisture so the lean pork chops stay juicy
Grilled Pork Chops With Dry Spice Rub
These grilled pork chops rubbed with a tasty dry spice mix make a quick and delicious barbecue dinner. The rub is made with pantry staples that can be quickly assembled. Its so tasty, you may want to double or triple it and use it on everything including chicken, ribs, roasted cauliflower or even roasted chickpeas. A little cayenne pepper gives these grilled pork chops a touch of heat while the paprika and chili powder give them a gorgeous bronze color.
The recipe below includes the spice rub and grilling instructions. For photos and tips on using dry rubs and grilling pork chops continue reading after the recipe.
Recommended Reading: Are Natural Gas Grills Better Than Propane
How To Store And Reheat Grilld Pork Chops
- Serve: dont leave the grilled pork chops at room temperature longer than 2 hours because they can start to grow harmful bacteria. If youre taking them to a potluck or barbecue, plan accordingly.
- Storage: transfer grilled pork chops to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Microwave: transfer pork chops to a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 60 seconds then at 15 second intervals as needed.
- Skillet: drizzle some olive oil in a skillet and heat to medium heat. Add pork chops, cover and cook until warmed through, flipping once.
- Oven: Transfer pork chops to a baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat at 350F for 10 minutes or just until warmed through.
Why Use A Dry Rub
Adding a dry rub seems like adding an unnecessary extra step that just gets in the way between you and your tasty meal. However, its crucial to making your pork full of flavor. Dry rub enhances the flavor of your meat and is less messy than a liquid marinade. It also creates a flavorful bark on the exterior of your pork as it smokes, adding a delicious crunch to the texture of the meat.
Don’t Miss: Where To Put Charcoal In Weber Grill
Step : Brine Pork Chops
- Make brine: mix warm water with salt in a gallon-size freezer bag until the kosher salt is dissolved. Whisk in vinegar, brown sugar and ice, followed by pork.
- Brine pork: add the pork chops to the brine make sure all of the pork chops are completely submerged in the brine. If necessary, top the brine off with some water. It can be helpful to place the freezer bag in a narrow bowl of liquid measuring glass to push the brine up over the chops. Brine pork chops for 20 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Rinse pork: thoroughly rinse pork chops otherwise they will be too salty. Pat very dry.
How To Make A Dry Rub
A good dry rub includes a combination of sweet and savory ingredients. To make this dry rub, youll stir or whisk together all of the ingredients until they are fully combined. If there are any lumps in the mixture, use a fork or the back of a spoon to break them up.
Brown sugar is a key ingredient in this recipe. The brown sugar adds sweetness to balance out the savory flavors. It also helps to form a caramelized crust on grilled meats.
Youll also need paprika for this recipe. You can use sweet paprika or smoked paprika, depending on your preference. I prefer the flavor of sweet paprika. If you want a smoky flavor, smoked paprika is recommended.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Bbq Chicken On The Grill
Pork Chops On The Grill
Grilling pork is popular because its not a hard meat to grill. As long as youre paying attention to how long youre grilling each minute per side and the overall internal temperature per piece.
Timing below is for regular 3/4 sizes but if yours are huge this is how to cook 2 inch thick Pork Chops. Those are two of the biggest factors you need to be aware of!
- Once you get those two items down, youll be well on your way to cooking up some mouthwatering bone-in or boneless pork chops
Getting Those Classic Diamond Crosshatch Grill Marks
Now lets grill some really pretty looking pork chops. Place the pork chops on the hot grill and leave them alone for 5-7 minutes, or until they naturally release from the grill with little effort. Then give them a quarter turn with tongs. This will give us those nice crosshatch grill marks. Let them grill for another 2-3 minutes. Then, flip the pork chops and grill an additional 2-3 minutes. All were looking for is a quick sear on the flip side. You want the internal temperature of the chops to be 145°.
Don’t Miss: What Temp To Grill Lobster Tails
Caractersticas De Un Sitio Web Moderno Y Funcional
Las características de un sitio web deben adaptarse a los tiempos, estándares y tecnologías actuales para satisfacer las exigencias del usuario y de los buscadores. Plantearse la creación de un sitio web conlleva una serie de cuestiones que debemos resolver para que este cumpla sus objetivos, y por lo menos debería cubrir una serie de expectativas de cara a obtener un buen rendimiento en cuanto a versatilidad e interacción en la web 2.0.
Contenidos de esta publicación
What Kind Of Pork Chops Should I Buy For Grilling
There are three kinds of pork chops that I like to buy for grilling: rib chop, loin chop, and boneless chop. Regardless of which pork chop you choose, you will want them to be at least 1-inch thick. I will even ask the butcher to cut a 1 ½-inch bone-in center cut rib chop or loin chop for me if I don’t see pork chops that look thick enough, because thin pork chops just don’t work well for this type of grilling.
Also Check: Where Is Weber Grill Headquarters
Best Pork Chop Seasoning
Cooking meat is an art, and it starts with the seasoning! A good dry rub recipe is important for a good piece of meat, otherwise its just flavorless. I like creating my own blend of herbs and spices so that I can have the best dish possible.
This dry rub for pork tenderloin is a mix of brown sugar, cumin, garlic & onion powder, smoke paprika, chili powder, and salt and pepper. I like this recipe specifically for pork because it just naturally complements the meat. You can certainly use it on chicken, steak, or other meats, but I think it really tastes best on pork: Pork Tenderloin, Pork Chops, Pork Ribs, Pork Steak, or whatever pork cut you prefer.
It only takes a minute to mix together this pork rub recipe, but it will make it taste so much better. Just apply the dry rub to the meat, let it absorb for a couple of hours, and then grill or roast.
This is the best Pork Chop Seasoning for Pork Tenderloin, Ribs, and Pork Chops! Make this aromatic blend of herbs and spices for your next pork dish.
Tips For Juicy Flavorful Grilled Pork Chops
- Choose pork chops that are at least 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Fast fry or thin pork chops cook so quickly on the BBQ that the inside is finished before you have a nice crust or color on the outside. By getting thicker chops, you have better control on cooking both the outside and inside perfectly.
Bone-in pork chops and those with more marbling throughout will always be juicier.
A dry rub is a blend of salt, sugar, spice and savory herbs. Each component plays a vital role. The sugar helps browning and crust formation. The spice and savory herbs add flavor and color. The salt helps flavor penetrate into the meat. The tricky thing about salt and meat is that initially salt will cause moisture in meat to draw to the surface, which may make it dry and tough, but leave salt on long enough and the moisture will reabsorb and take the rub flavors with it. Chef J. Kenji López-Alt at Serious Eats did extensive testing on steak and declared salt should be left on at least 40 minutes or longer or should be added right before cooking for best moisture retention. While his tests were on beef, Ive applied his principles to pork chops and recommend the rub should be rubbed on at least one hour before grilling.
A rub should be rubbed into the meat, not just sprinkled on top. You want the sharp edges of the sugar, salt and spice crystals to tear into the meat fibers.
Preheat your barbecue to medium high heat.
You May Like: How To Grill Chicken Legs