The Best Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe Ever
I love grilled chicken. I am the proud new owner of a new Coyote grill I am sharing the best grilled chicken breast recipe ever. You have to try it!
Grilled chicken. I think chicken just might be the most common barbecued food. Ever.
I have to admit that my grilled chicken has always been really dry. So, how is it that I have been grilling it wrong for so many years?
I am excited to share that I finally discovered the best way to grill chicken. And guess what? It all starts out with the grill.
When selecting a grill I think there are a few things that are must-haves. How do I know that? Because I finally own a great grill.
What Goes With Marinated Grilled Chicken
This marinated grilled chicken pairs well with pretty much everything from salad to pasta salad, potatoes, rice and fruit. In the summer months, we keep it as simple as grilled chicken with grilled corn, watermelon and green salad. In the winter, I love it with garlic butter mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. Here are a few of our favorite accompanying sides:
To Bake Chicken In The Oven
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from the refrigerator and let rest 15-30 minutes ahead of time.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Drain chicken from marinade and add to prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 16-18 minutes , or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Ac Grill
Cajun Grilled Chicken With Lime Black
Spice your chicken with cayenne, oregano, paprika and thyme then serve on a salsa-like storecupboard salad and avocado dip – this recipe makes enough for lunch the next day
Grilled chicken kebab skewers marinated in fragrant Asian spices make the perfect easy canapÃ©
How To Check Temperature Accurately
I highly recommend investing in a meat thermometer otherwise there is no accurate way to check when your chicken is cooked without slicing and loosing valuable juices.
- Chicken breasts: insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken although hopefully you dont have one because your chicken has been pounded to an even thickness ).
- Chicken thighs: insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken without hitting any bones. Bones are a heat conductor and will register higher than the actual meat.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Green Mountain Grills
To Cook Chicken On The Stove
Video Result For The Best Grilled Chicken Recipe Ever
The BEST Grilled Chicken Sandwich EVER Recipe | Ray…
The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Ever – Easy Chicken…
The Best Grilled Chicken Ever – How to Grill Tender…
Don’t Miss: How To Properly Grill Chicken Breast
Best & Juiciest Grilled Chicken Breast So Damn Delish
How to Make Grilled Teriyaki Chicken. Whisk together marinade ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Ladle out 1/2 cup marinade, reserve it in fridge. Pour marinade over chicken: Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag, pour remaining marinade over chicken.
Why You Want To Make This Grilled Chicken Breast
- This is the juiciest grilled chicken ever. truth!
- And tastiest. also true!
- The wet spice rub give it tons of flavor.
- Lean chicken breast is a healthy protein option. Learning how to cook them on the grill so they don’t dry out will make your dinners healthier and tastier.
- They are low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant!
Don’t Miss: How To Maintain Your Grill
Can I Freeze Chicken In This Marinade
Yes! It works perfectly to freeze chicken in this marinade. Here are the steps.
Package. Place chicken into freezer-safe container and pour over the marinade. Make sure that all of the chicken is well coated. Remove as much air as possible as you seal the container. Label the container with the contents and date.
Freeze. Arrange in the freezer so that the container is as flat as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw. Remove from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. After its thawed, then remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Finally, cook the chicken according to your favorite chicken recipe.
Video Result For Best Grilled Chicken Recipe Ever
The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Ever – Easy Chicken…
The BEST Grilled Chicken Sandwich EVER Recipe | Ray…
My BEST EVER Korean Grilled Chicken Recipe | Marion’s…
Read Also: How To Properly Make Grilled Cheese
The Best Chicken Marinade
The best Chicken Marinade ever! This marinade produces so much flavor and keeps the chicken incredibly moist and outrageously delicious! This easy chicken marinade recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Great for grilling and baking!
More Ways To Season Grilled Chicken Breast
Use this recipe as a jumping-off point for any of your favorite rubs and seasonings. In addition to the go-to chicken marinade Ive suggested in the recipe below, here are a few more ideas to get you started.
- Lemon Grilled Chicken Breast. Zest 1 additional lemon into your marinade. Finish the grilled chicken with an extra squeeze of lemon juice.
- Italian Grilled Chicken Breast. Season the chicken with Italian seasoning. Serve topped with a handful of grated Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
- BBQ Grilled Chicken Breast. Instead of marinating, brine the chicken by sprinkling it with kosher salt. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Brush off the excess salt. Baste the chicken with Barbecue Sauce before and halfway through grilling. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
- Buffalo Grilled Chicken Breast. Instead of brushing the chicken with BBQ sauce per the above, brush it with Buffalo sauce. Then use it to top this Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
- Teriyaki Chicken Breast. Create a marinade using 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade to brush over the finished grilled chicken.
Don’t Miss: What To Clean Bbq Grill With
What If Im Short On Time
If you can only marinate the chicken for 30 minutes, then marinate at room temperature to expedite the marinating process, however, dont marinate longer than 30 minutes at room temperature otherwise dangerous bacteria can grow and lead to foodborne illnesses. Brushing the reserved marinade on the cooked chicken will also help amplify the flavor if youre short on time.
Can You Freeze Chicken In The Marinade
You can freeze the uncooked grilled chicken in the marinade or after its cooked:
- Freeze chicken in marinade: add the chicken to the marinade ingredients in a freezer safe bag, squeeze out excess air and freeze for up to 3 months. When youre ready to use, the chicken will marinate as you thaw the chicken in the refrigerator cook immediately so it doesnt marinate for too long and become mushy.
- Freeze chicken: after you have cooked the chicken, let it cool completely then transfer it to an airtight container or plastic freezer bag and squeeze out any excess air. If you want access to individual pieces of chicken without having to thaw all of the chicken, then wrap each chicken breast in plastic wrap before adding to the freezer bag. Freeze for 2 to 3 months.
Read Also: How To Grill Hamburgers On Gas Grill
The Best Grilled Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Say goodbye to dry, bland grilled chicken breasts. This recipe guarantees juicy, flavorful chicken every time.
Sometimes in cooking the simplest dishes are the hardest to get right, and grilled chicken is a perfect example. Because boneless chicken breasts are so lean, they often turn out dry, rubbery, and bland. Contrary to popular belief, marinating alone will not save grilled chicken from drying out in fact, its often the marinade that causes the problem!
My technique and marinade ensure tender, juicy, and flavorful grilled chicken every time. You can serve the fillets on their own as a healthy main course , topped with cheese on a toasted bun, or, as I often do, sliced over a Caesar salad. Bonus: the recipe is quick and easy. You do all of the prep ahead of time and you wont even dirty a single bowl.
Heres How You Make It
You May Like: How To Make Delicious Hamburgers On The Grill
Grilled Chicken With Goat Cheese Sauce
Chicken breasts go from weeknight standby to special occasion-ready when you dress them up with a unique, flavorful sauce, as in this grilled chicken with goat cheese sauce. The recipe includes instructions for an elegant roasted red pepper puree, adding extra color and texture to this already-impressive dish.
Sweet Tea Brined Chicken With Peaches Mint And Arugula
Brining is a great way to add flavors and make sure your chicken stays super moist. The sweet tea brine used here goes further by adding a beautiful color to the finished chicken and screams summer. It also leaves behind a subtle sweetness that make this chicken irresistible. Grilling over indirect heat means you dont have to worry about flareups or burning your chicken. A quick finish on the direct heat crisps up the skin and makes it as delicious as the meat. A grilled peach and arugula salad completes this meal for the perfect summer dinner.
Don’t Miss: Amish-made Fire Pit With Grill Attachment
Grilled Chicken Wings With Spicy Chipotle Hot Sauce And Blue Cheese
Bobby whips up a smoky chipotle sauce for his grilled chicken wings using Dijon mustard, chipotle puree and ancho chile powder. The cool blue cheese-yogurt dip is perfect for cutting the intense smokiness.
Grill The Bacon And Chicken
Serious Eats / J. Kenji López-Alt
First, yes, there is bacon in this thing, and yes, that is partly why it’s so good. It’d still be good even without the bacon, but let’s be real, chicken is chicken and bacon is bacon and that’s all there is to it.
To grill the chicken, I used Josh Bousel’s rock-solid method. First, he quickly pounds the breasts to flatten them, which guarantees that they cook evenly. Then he brines them for 30 minutes, which helps keep them juicy despite the dry heat of the grill. You can use those 30 minutes to get other things ready, like making the green sauce and preheating your grill.
Serious Eats / J. Kenji López-Alt
To grill the bacon, I borrowed Kenji’s clever method, which involves flipping the thick-cut rashers right on the edge of a two-zone fire. That way, they’re exposed to just enough heat to get crisp, but not so much that they blacken from flare-ups caused by excessive dripping grease.
I added one step when grilling the chicken, brushing them with an avocado-jalapeño-cilantro green sauce just a minute or two before they come off the grill. If there are any readers out there who know more about Colombian burgers than I do, I can’t claim this sauce is authentic or correct. I can claim that it’s really tasty. The last-minute brushing quickly cooks the sauce onto the breasts without burning it, but don’t worry, we’ll add some more fresh sauce later.
Read Also: How To Start Kitchenaid Grill
What To Look For In The Perfect Grill
- Every barbecue needs heat that distributes evenly across the grilling surface. Its very important that the burners cook evenly.
- Pre-assembled. I have put together too many barbecues and they take forever. You want one that is preassembled!
- Easy access to the gas tank. Nothing is worse than needing extra hands to change out the gas tank. Its already a crisis when you run out of propane in the middle of grilling.
- An igniter that wont break. I can honestly say that I have never owned a grill that had an igniter that worked long term. Have you?
- Lights that help you see the food. I have bought a ton of portable lights for barbecues and most didnt work. Actually, many of them worked, but you still couldnt see the food.
- Finally, I need ample storage for tools.
I partnered with Coyote Outdoor Living and am now the proud owner of this 28 C-Series gas grill . In addition to everything I listed above, it has a removable warming rack, fold-down shelving, wheels, and a removable cart. I love it.
Now that I have the perfect Coyote Grill, its time to share the only grilled chicken breast recipe you will want to use.
Grilled Chicken Recipes To Make This Summer
The best grilled chicken recipes go hand in hand with summer. Picture your first backyard party of the season: flavorful chicken is charring on the grates, your cooler is stocked with adult beverages, your friends are awkwardly transitioning from sneakers to sandalswe can almost feel the sun on our skin as we daydream in front of our computers. Lets make it a reality, though, shall we? From coconut-milk-and-chili-paste-marinated thighs to charred drumsticks glazed in a savory caramel sauce to the ultimate hot sandwich, these recipes for grilled chicken will keep your barbecue working hard from Memorial Day through Labor Day . So make sure you have the right tools and get grilling.
You May Like: How To Properly Clean Your Grill
Why Make Chicken On The Grill
Grilling chicken might look intimidating, especially if you arent a seasoned griller. Were here to tell you that its actually easier than you might think to make grilled chicken! Plus, we know youll love the outcome.
Easier cleanup: There is no splattering involved like pan seared chicken, and pretty much no clean-up at all.
Juicy and Tender: by grilling your chicken breasts at high heat, they come out super juicy and tender.
Amazing flavor: a little bit of jar will do your chicken breasts some good!
Is This Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe Healthy
It sure is! Chicken breast, which is lean meat, is low in calories and fat and high in protein. This recipe is made without any sugar. Often, grilled chicken recipes will call for sugar in the ingredients. But adding sugar increases the chance of the marinade burning. It’s also totally unnecessary to take a healthy cut of meat and add a bunch of unhealthy sugar. Sugar-free is the way to go!
This recipe is also low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
So yes, it’s a very healthy grilled chicken recipe!
Once the weather cools down, make sure to check out our perfect baked chicken breast recipe. It’s the oven baked version of this one and a great way to keep enjoying the flavors of this grilled chicken breast all year long.
Don’t Miss: Wood Burning Fire Pit With Grill
More Recipe Notes And Tips
- The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your breasts. The best way to check that the chicken is done is to use an instant read thermometer which should register at 165F.
- Cook the chicken on a medium-high heat. If the grill is too hot, the outside of the chicken will burn and the middle wont be cooked through.
How Long To Brine Chicken Breasts
All it takes is 30 minutes in a simple brine solution of 1/4 cup kosher salt dissolved in 4 cups water. This is all the time you need for the chicken breasts to absorb enough moisture so they can better hold up to the heat of the grill without drying out.
With a half an hour of brining, the salt that is absorbed isn’t so much that the chicken becomes salty, but it is enough so that the flavor of the grilled chicken will be enhanced. We would normally salt grilled chicken breasts, right? You don’t need to do that if you brine.
Also Check: How To Grill Shrimp On Stove
The Best Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
Oddly enough, grilling the best chicken is more about how you cook it, rather than an actual recipe.
For years I have been making grilled chicken. Let me rephrase that. For years my husband and I have been making grilled chicken. More times than not, the chicken is way too dry. And didnt taste that great. .
I did some investigating and discovered the right way to grill chicken. We have been cooking chicken this way ever since. And the difference is amazing.
The secret is indirect heat.
Indirect heat is easy and works best on a gas grill. Turn the outside burners on medium-high heat and leave the inside burners off.
Set the chicken breast skin-side down on the indirect heat section of the grill. Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and close the lid. Cook an additional 10 15 minutes.
I have the best homemade barbecue sauce recipe that you are going to want to try. The recipe is listed below!
Brush the chicken breasts with the homemade barbecue sauce and place the chicken on the direct heat section. Cook, turning once, until breasts are seared and brown, about five minutes.
Doesnt this look amazing?
Here is the recipe that you should use next time you grill chicken. You wont believe the difference!