How To Grill Chicken Thighs:
To start, grab a medium sized bowl and whisk together your marinade. This consists of olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, mustard, soy sauce, dijon mustard, and brown sugar. Pantry staples! Trim any fat from your chicken thighs if necessary, and place in a large bowl or a large zip-top plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
This recipe calls for 2-2.5 pounds of chicken thighs, or about 8 total. As you can see from the photos, you will want to use bone-in and skin on chicken thighs for best results with this recipe. After you have poured your marinade over the chicken, seal the bag, getting out as much air as you can. Now, massage the meat inside the bag to make sure all of the chicken is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, and up to 12 hours. For best flavor, I prefer marinating for at least 2 hours, but a shorter time will work in a pinch. Once the chicken has marinated, allow it to sit, covered in the bag at room temperature for 15-20 minutes while your grill heats up. Grill the chicken as directed in the recipe card below for charcoal or gas!
How Do I Grill Chicken Thighs Without Burning Them
Heres a few tricks that may help you grill the chicken thighs without burning them:
- Youll want to keep an eye on the chicken thighs too since the marinade has honey in it. The sugars from the honey can burn, so moving it around away from the hottest point of the grill may help with that.
- Dont force the chicken to flip until its ready. If you try pulling the chicken off the grill, the outside can stick and burn.
- Use indirect heat rather than placing the thighs right over the flame source to ensure it cooks at a more even speed.
Jak Grilovat Vykostn Kuec Stehna
Doporuuji marinovat vae kuecí stehna pes noc, abyste získali nejlepí píchu! Pro tento recept budete potebovat svj gril a grilovací náiní.
Z tohoto receptu vyjdou 4 porce, tak to je ideální pro snadnou rodinnou veei!
Don’t Miss: Salmon On Gas Grill Recipe
How To Make The Best Grilled Chicken:
Add all of the ingredients to a large zip lock bag.
Seal the bag and shake it around until the chicken thighs are well-coated in oil and seasoning.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, ideally 8.
If you use a gas grill: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat .
If you use a charcoal grill: Prepare your coals in a charcoal chimney to heat the coals quickly. Once the coals are hot, arrange them either in the very center of the grill or off to one side , so that there is a cool part of the grill where you can cook on indirect heat. If you dont have a charcoal chimney, arrange the coals in a pile on one side of the grill.
Place the chicken thighs on the grill grate over direct heat and grill for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the skin turns golden brown. Flip and sear on the other side for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden-brown as well.
Move chicken pieces to unlit side of grill and cover the grill. Cook, flipping occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a cookie sheet or plate. Let chicken rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving. This allows the juices in the chicken to distribute throughout the meat, producing an even more tender result.
Serve with your choice of side dishes and enjoy!
Side dish suggestions? In addition to myMayo-Free Pea Salad, here are some of my favorite summer sides for serving with grilled meat.
Muslos De Pollo Deshuesados A La Parrilla
¡Comparte esta receta!
Estas muslos de pollo deshuesados a la parrilla se marinan en un sabroso adobo de pollo teriyaki y luego a la parrilla a la perfección! Déjelos marinar durante la noche para obtener el máximo sabor, ¡y luego estarán listos para disfrutar después de solo 15 minutos en la parrilla! ¡Combínalos con tus guarniciones favoritas para una cena completa!
Recommended Reading: Grilling Temp For Pork Tenderloin
Grilled Chicken Thighs Marinade
If you prefer to use a marinade instead of a spice rub, you can use my Chicken Marinade recipe to marinate the chicken thighs before grilling or try my marinated Cilantro Lime Chicken. Youll combine the marinade ingredients and chicken thighs in a bowl or zip-top plastic bag and then let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours before grilling.
Easy Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
Its time to crack open the grill and make room for these delicious Grilled Chicken Thighs! They are a little spicy, a bit of sweet and sticky, and a whole lot of amazing!
Similar to my Spicy Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs, this grilled chicken thighs recipe is also packed with bold flavors that even the pickiest of eaters will want to dive right in.
Okay, first of all, lets pause for a moment of reflection on the fact that summer, technically, is one week away. Lets also pause for a minute and say a prayer for all those Moms/Dads/Grandparents/Caregivers that work from home and their kids are OFF for the summer Thank You!
Anyways, lets discuss chicken THIGHS and how to grill em!
How To Grill Boneless Chicken Thighs
I recommend marinating your chicken thighs overnight to get the best flavor! For this recipe, you’re going to need your grill and grilling utensils.
This recipe will yield 4 servings, so it is perfect for an easy family dinner!
Boneless Or Skinless Thighs
While this recipe is for bone-in skin-on thighs, the meat is all the same and will cook with a few minor adjustments.
The bone will absorb some of the heat, so boneless thighs will cook a few minutes faster, and they always seem thinner to me. Thickness is a significant variable in cooking time, so pay attention to the internal temperature.
Skinless thighs should have a brush of oil before seasoning and do not need the uneven part of the grilling methodno skin to protect. But still alternate sides of the grill due to fat drainage and flair-ups.
Also Check: Do Natural Gas Grills Have Regulators
More Marinades Greek Recipes And Chicken Recipes To Try
- This Maple Teriyaki Marinade is a great easy marinade recipe to add to your list this grilling season.
- Our Greek Pizza is ready in less time than ordering take-out!
- This Favorite Garlic Marinade works with pretty much any protein.
- These Yogurt-Marinated Curry Chicken Thighs is another one of our delicious chicken recipes that is easy enough to serve for company. The lactic acid in the yogurt helps make them ultra-tender and they bake right in their marinade!
- Our Crispy Skin Chicken is an all-time favorite way to prepare chicken thighs.
- This Grilled Halloumi Salad is another healthy Greek recipe to try this summer.
- My Spanikopita Greek Spinach Feta Filo Pie is a great vegetarian option if you are planning a meal for a crowd.
- We used bone-in chicken thighs to make this Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore. They become meltingly tender in the slowly simmered pepper and mushroom sauce.
- Our lemon caper Chicken Piccata is a fan favorite and always a popular choice.
Thanks so much for reading. If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my free weekly email newsletter where I share weeknight meal plans delivered right to your inbox. Or follow me on . If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review! It is very appreciated. Happy Cooking! ~Katie
Keywords: Greek chicken, grilled boneless chicken thighs, grilled Greek chicken,greek chicken thighs,grilled chicken thighs
Tips For The Best Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Want to marinate your chicken thighs? You can coat them in the dry rub and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours. This is a dry marinade method and it will just give them so much flavor. Or, skip the dry rub and use my chicken marinade recipe!
- Make certain that the grill is preheated before adding on the chicken thighs. This will ensure they develop a nice crispy crust as you grill them.
- Use an instant read thermometerto check the inside temperature of the chicken to make sure its 165 degrees F. This isnt something that you want to guess or estimate.
- When grilling, make sure to maintain medium heat, if you turn up the grill to high the skin will burn and the chicken wont be fully cooked on the inside. This will also cause them to dry out.
- Dont forget to let them rest, which lets the juices redistribute in the meat and makes the chicken thighs juicy!
- Mix up a batch of our Chicken Seasoning so you can throw it on chicken thighs anytime you want them!
Read Also: Where Are Broil King Grills Made
Grilled Chicken Thigh Recipes
Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan swirl to coat. Add chicken cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well. Return chicken to pan over medium heat.
Smoky Eggplant with Scallion Oil Recipe. Choose eggplants that feel heavy for their size. If you prefer not to grill or char on the burner of your stovetop, you can halve the eggplant lengthwise place, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 30 to 45 minutes or until very tender.
Because oil conducts heat much more efficiently than air, foods that are confited in it, like these chicken thighs, come out incredibly moist and infused with the oils flavor. View Recipe Alex Lau
What To Do With Leftover Bbq Grilled Chicken Thighs
Got leftovers? We are the queens of repurposing our recipes! Here are a few ideas so you dont waste any food.
- Make Chicken Salad: shred your chicken thighs and discard the bones. Then make our BBQ Chicken Salad recipe.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: everyone loves pizza! Buyg a store-bought crust and make a semi-homeamde BBQ Chicken Pizza.
- BBQ Pulled Chicken: shred your chicken and toss the shredded chicken with a little more bbq sauce and serve on a bun like our BBQ Pulled Chicken.
Read Also: How Long To Grill Thin Pork Chops
How To Store Leftover Chicken Thighs:
Store any leftover chicken in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. These chicken thighs store great. Perfect for lunch the next day.
We like to store in individual containers for an easy lunch or dinner the next day. We add the side to the dish and shredded chicken thighs. It heats perfectly in the microwave for an amazing lunch.
Muslos De Pollo Deshuesados A La Plancha Ingredientes
Asegúrate de dejar suficiente tiempo para marinar el pollo. Recomiendo encarecidamente usar mi adobo casero de pollo teriyaki, ¡pero también puedes usar tu marca favorita!
- Muslos de pollo – 1½ libras de muslos de pollo deshuesados y sin piel.
- Adobo de pollo teriyaki – taza de adobo de pollo teriyaki .
* ¡Asegúrese de ver la tarjeta de recetas a continuación para conocer los ingredientes, las cantidades y las instrucciones! *
Read Also: Do Weber Grills Go On Sale
More Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes
Here are a few more easy chicken recipes we love!
- Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are made with grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs and a root beer BBQ sauce!
- Teriyaki Chicken is so easy to make with my quick teriyaki marinade made with soy sauce, spices, and brown sugar for a sweet, tangy, savory flavor.
- Bruschetta Chicken is a wuick and healthy grilled chicken breast recipe topped with bruschetta!
- BBQ Chicken is slow cooked on your grill and covered in BBQ Sauce!
How Can I Debone Chicken Thighs
If you cant find boneless skinless chicken thighs at the grocery store, you can always remove the bone yourself!
Heres a great guide on how to debone chicken thighs if those are all you can find in the store.
Grilling them with the bone in is also another option, but since the bone will absorb some of the heat, youll want to grill them a bit longer. Aim to cook your chicken about 10 minutes per side, but the total cooking time will depend on how thick your chicken thighs are.
Use a digital meat thermometer in the same way to make sure that its reached 165°F at the thickest part avoiding the bone.
You May Like: Where Are Green Mountain Grills Made
Angeliny Tipy A Poznmky K Receptm
- Zatímco budete mít njakou chu od marinování kuete po dobu 30 minut drazn doporuuji nechat ho marinovat pes noc, aby se maximalizovala chu.
- Doba vaení se me mírn liit v závislosti na pesné teplot vaeho grilu a velikosti stehen.
- Aby se vám kue nepilepilo na gril, ujistte se, e jste naolejovali roty.
- Uloit: Uvaená kuecí stehna vlote do vzduchotsné nádoby do lednice po dobu a 5 dn.
- Pro optovné zahátí: Kue vloíme do misky s malým mnostvím kuecího vývaru a voln pikryjeme alobalem. Peeme v troub pi 350 °F , dokud se dkladn nezaheje.
What Marinade Should I Use For Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
The marinade ingredients are super versatile and can be used to pair with tons of flavors. Its made up of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
To make the marinade, youll want to add everything to a sealable gallon bag or marinade Tupperware that has a lid, then mix together until its combined.
Once thats combined, add in the chicken thighs and seal then put in your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours. Leaving it overnight can work as well, but the lemon juice may start to break down the chicken.
Be sure to flip the bag or Tupperware at least once to make sure both sides get a chance to be covered in the marinade.
You May Like: What Are The Best Grills On The Market
Why This Recipe Works
Chicken thighs Chicken thighs are tender and juicy and especially tasty when marinated in this cilantro lime sauce. They just really work well in this recipe for grilled, boneless chicken thighs.
Marinades dont have to be complicated, as evidenced by this simple, easy cilantro lime chicken marinade. All it takes is oil, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic, salt, cilantro, and lime juice and a couple hours in the fridge. That cilantro lime taste will really shine through on the grilled chicken thighs!
Simple ingredients You probably have most of the ingredients you need in your fridge or pantry right now. The only thing you might have to get is fresh cilantro, which is at just about every grocery store in the produce aisle.
Family friendly My kids love, love, love this chicken thighs recipe. They dont even question that the chicken isnt the boneless, skinless chicken breasts they are used to. All they know is that its chicken and its delicious!
How To Make Sticky Asian Grilled Chicken Thighs
In a small mixing bowl or large measuring cup, stir together brown sugar with a variety of spices that includes chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika, and onion.
Pat the rub onto the chicken thighs.
Next, preheat your grill to 350-400 degrees and set it up for in-direct cooking.
On a gas grill, this would include only having one station/side lit and the chicken will cook on the other side of the grill. For kettle and charcoal cooking, the lit coals will be on one side of the kettle and the chicken will rest over the side with-out coals.
I prefer the flavor that charcoal imparts and so the majority of my grilling is on a Weber Kettle. Different types of grills and fuel can produce a wide range of cooking temperatures. One of the benefits of using bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs is that they consistently perform well, staying juicy and tender, when grilled.
On a Weber Kettle with a full chimney of prepared coals resting on one side of the bottom of the kettle, place the brown sugar rubbed thighs, skin side up, on the side of the grill that is not directly over the coals. With the vents fully opened, close the lid and leave them undisturbed for 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the Sticky Asian Glaze. In a small sauce pan sauce pan bring soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes to thicken and reduce.
Serve with rice if desired.
Pin this now to save for later!
Don’t Miss: How To Season Corn For The Grill